High Definition Map Mod with Street Names!

11 posts Page 1 of 2

Rally3

[2F2F]jimmyfallon

by Rally3 » February 16, 2017, 3:44 am

Table of contents

Introduction

Hello guys, today I'm bringing you yet another mod. The previous one was a speedometer and some of you guys installed it and seemed to like it. This one is a bit different but it still falls into the "Miscellaneous" category. It is basically a hi-def map mod that includes street names! I will leave the instructions on how to properly install it and how to use it, basically I'll be going through the steps of installing the mod with you guys.

Download

Pretty straight forward, just head over to and you should be prompted to save/open the file. Please note that you will need Alci's IMG Editor 1.5, can be found , as well as WinRar, can be found , or any similar software (7zip,etc.) Once the download is over, extract the contents of it to a folder, I'd recommend the Desktop since it is easier to work with.

Installation

Ok, so the mod is downloaded and you've unzipped the contents. Now we proceed with the installation. Here are the steps to install the mod, quoted directly from the "Readme file".

• Copy the two files from the mod's CLEO folder into the CLEO folder in your game's directory (they're named Radar Zoom Fix.cs and Radar Zoom Fix.txt.)

• Navigate to your GTA: San Andreas directory. Click the models folder, and locate the files gta3.img and gta_int.img. Rename both of them gta3_backup.img and gta_int_backup.img, respectively. (Always make backups!)

• Open your IMG editing app.

• (NOTE: The following instructions are based on Alci's IMG Editor. Using another IMG editor should have the same basic steps.) Click File and select Open.

• Navigate to your GTA: San Andreas directory, and open the models folder.

• Double-click the gta3.img file and wait for the IMG editor to load the file.

• Once loaded, click Actions, then click on Import (remove if exists).

• In the Open window that pops up, find the folder TXDs that came with the modification. Open the folder, and select all 144 files in the folder. Click OK when finished.

• The IMG editor will load the new .txd's into your IMG file.

• Once the program finishes loading the .txd's, click Actions and then click Rebuild to rebuild the IMG file. This step is very, very important.

• Once the IMG file has been rebuilt, you can safely exit the IMG editor. You have successfully installed the SatNav|streetmapHD mod!

Purpose

So it's all good and all, but why should I even bother downloading this? Well, this is really good to be able to rp with street names and such and it has a very good quality as well. You should definetely use this if you're into playing any type of serious roleplay (whether cop or criminal) and you can also use this if you're interested in trying a new map out. This is good to plan routes/trips as well, let's say that you are trying to specify a certain path to someone, that would be very difficult without this mod. However, using this mod you can explain the other player which turns to make and when, which exits to take out of highways, and much more. Also, you can press "Z" while in game and the map will zoom out for a bit then zoom in again. I recommend to install the zoom .cs file.

Images

Spoiler: show

Conclusion

I have not made this mod at all, credit goes to its original creator and the forums that the file was hosted on. With that said, it is a mod that took a lot of time from the developer The_Truth_92, and I believe that it is the best radar mod I have seen, period.

Feel free to share your opinions and any concerns you may have about this particular mod. I'll try my best to answer them as soon as possible.

NotAnAdmin

Notan
Donator

by NotAnAdmin » February 16, 2017, 11:10 am
Maybe it is just me, but I think if we add this as a server wide mod, like you know, globally used by all online members, it'd greatly help in RP and making lsrcr different.
Thoughts?

Rally3

[2F2F]jimmyfallon

by Rally3 » February 16, 2017, 1:28 pm
NotAnAdmin wrote :
Maybe it is just me, but I think if we add this as a server wide mod, like you know, globally used by all online members, it'd greatly help in RP and making lsrcr different.
Thoughts?

I think this would not be accepted server wide since the administration would probably not like shoving mods down people's throats forcefully.

However I posted this for individuals or even groups who may be interested in that sort of immersion or realism

Robin

Robin
Donator

by Robin » February 16, 2017, 8:34 pm
NotAnAdmin wrote :
Thoughts?

Not really scriptable inside the map.

Maybe next to or under/above the current location thingy.
Retired community player 2013-2020
★ Retired LSPD United Chief of Police ★
★ Retired S.A. Army General ★

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

All Former Positions and Titles
LSPD United Chief of Police & Founder
S.A. Army General, Commander-In-Chief
& High Command & Head Event Officer

Lsrcr Website & Server Developer
La Famiglia Assassini Pagati Underboss

LS-RCR Radio Manager & DJ
LS-RCR Newspaper Head Editor
SAPT Advisor & Driving Instructor
Blackouts Advisor
Saints Training Officer & Rookie
Absynth's Crew Assassin
Comrades Worker
And much more...

Rally3

[2F2F]jimmyfallon

by Rally3 » February 16, 2017, 8:38 pm
Robin wrote :
NotAnAdmin wrote :
Thoughts?

Not really scriptable inside the map.

Maybe next to or under/above the current location thingy.

It is possible to code but it'd be inefficient since our scripters would have to make distinct areas/loc arrays to sort through what street the player is in.

Wasted memory imo, better to just allow whoever want to use the mod to use it independently.

[Lsrcr]Jobin

Jobin
Retired Administrator

by [Lsrcr]Jobin » February 17, 2017, 2:46 am
Its really good map, I had similar one before.

Army High Command, Army Head Training Officer & Event Officer| Stunt Kings Leader

Rally3

[2F2F]jimmyfallon

by Rally3 » February 17, 2017, 2:49 am
[Lsrcr]Jobin wrote :
Its really good map, I had similar one before.

I found it to be quite identical to the common HD map going around, however this one has the street names features as well as better looks, at least in my opinion.

Glad you guys like it though

King_Ester

King_Ester

by King_Ester » February 17, 2017, 5:29 pm
When your school blocks gtainside so you can't download it and upload to google drive
rip
Activity:

Forum: Very HighSA-MP: High

[center]Image

Mastro

Mastro
Senior Administrator
Supporter

by Mastro » February 17, 2017, 5:38 pm
Looks nice, might give it a try.

Rally3

[2F2F]jimmyfallon

by Rally3 » February 17, 2017, 6:53 pm
King_Ester wrote :
When your school blocks gtainside so you can't download it and upload to google drive
rip

I'll upload a .zip as an attachment if I can. If not, then I'll upload it to a different site.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Miscellaneous”