Dragging afk players

If you have a new idea that could benefit the team, feel free to share it here!

Moderator: S.W.A.T. Commanders

13 posts Page 1 of 2

Veen

Veen
Senior Administrator

by Veen » June 2, 2021, 12:28 pm
Your Name: [Lsrcr]Veen
Your suggestion: Adding an error message when a swat members try to /drag an AFK suspect.
Reason: It came to my attention recently that kidnappers cannot /dkidnap AFK players and that the CMD shows an Error in case they try. Dragging AFK players for swat is similar to that case and I find no issue in adding the same Error code to the /drag so that we completely eliminate the risk of seeing a particular rule break. Swat members are by their own very careful when it comes to rules but we're all humans, we cant be sure that we'll never fail, sometimes only a pre-type or a lack of synchronization could be the reason for that rule break, so why not adding this script and get rid of this problem once for all.

Hiresh

Hiresh
Developer

by Hiresh » June 3, 2021, 12:36 pm
I personally don't see any reason why this shouldn't be added. As Veen said, this will avoid rulebreaks, and there won't be any drawbacks for the criminals. I fully support this suggestion.

Squanix

Squanix
Pagati Consigliere

by Squanix » June 3, 2021, 5:13 pm
I will agree about adding that in server as a system to avoid rulebreaks, exactly as veen mentioned we can made bad mistakes like this shit, so it will be better to add this CMD as it must inform us in the main chat that we can't drag suspect because he's afk..

10/10

Elmasry

Elmasry
Donator

by Elmasry » June 25, 2021, 3:30 pm
Good idea, +1

Fady

Fady

by Fady » June 25, 2021, 5:17 pm
But what if the player goes afk right before you drag him?

"Embrace the mini-mod within you" -Fady2020

LSPD United Staff Member & Instructor
S.W.A.T. Master Sergeant

Veen

Veen
Senior Administrator

by Veen » June 25, 2021, 8:15 pm
Fady wrote :
But what if the player goes AFK right before you drag him?

Then we won't be able to drag an afk player. It's a rule break to esc abuse however, we cannot answer to it by rulebreaking aswell and dragging an AFK player. This suggestion will eliminate any risks of dragging an AFK player including the situation you mentioned when the suspect goes AFK while we're typing /drag for example.

Meow

by Meow » July 1, 2021, 9:56 pm
Positive about this one, plus It shouldn't take much time for devs to make it (just identify whether the suspect is AFK or not, IsPlayerAFK function I assume) so it will send an error message to swat member if he is AFK.

OkaManThe$Wolf Online

Okaman
Donator

by OkaManThe$Wolf » July 22, 2021, 1:19 am
it's very good idea i see always while i teaming with swat members more than 50 player's every day going afk while swats so close from him or doing esc abuse to avoid /drag that's why i supported that suggestion it will be usefull from all sides also as mentioned above to avoid also rulebreakrs
sure +1

also if a player are in afk since long time before we shouldn't to drag him i agree only with this rule only- Regardless i am member or not but i noticed it recently and i would to share my opnion here about that suggestion

Karu_Tepes

Lost_Soul
Pagati Don
Supporter

by Karu_Tepes » July 22, 2021, 1:56 am
Fady wrote :
But what if the player goes afk right before you drag him?

Add a 15 second timer before the command kicks in? Then you can still drag players who esc abuse and they can't report you without also reporting themselves for intentional abuse.

Grand

Grand
Event Host
Duel Master Event Host Supporter

by Grand » November 15, 2021, 7:43 pm
I have no idea why this is not added yet, huge positive.
It'll decrease the amount of rulebreaks as well.
13 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “S.W.A.T. || Suggestions”