Suggestion: Disallow pretyping commands on SWAT test

If you have a new idea that could benefit the team, feel free to share it here!

Moderator: S.W.A.T. Commanders

13 posts Page 1 of 2

Meow

by Meow » May 7, 2022, 3:55 pm
Your Name: [Lsrcr]Meow
Your suggestion: Applicants will have to record their game while doing the SOC part so we'll know whether they used pre-typed commands or not
Reason: In real scenarios you have to write the commands by yourself, without using pre-typed commands.

WEED

Weed

by WEED » May 7, 2022, 4:28 pm
this is a great idea and also there are some applicants that can't record cause they don't have a good pc like some of you do so this idea is good but also bad

If I may?
I'd like to pose an interesting question.
Are all human beings truly equal?

These days everywhere you go there's talk about the fight for equality. As a wise man once said heaven does not create one person above or below another. People like to throw his words around but that's not the whole quote. He goes on to say that while we are all equal at birth, pretty soon things begin to change. Academic effort is what sets some people apart to rise above the others.

At any rate, humans change over time based on their actions. Truth be told, at the end of the day, equality is just a fantasy and most of us go through life denying the fact that we live in a meritocracy.

Meow

by Meow » May 7, 2022, 4:43 pm
WEED wrote :
this is a great idea and also there are some applicants that can't record cause they don't have a good pc like some of you do so this idea is good but also bad

Even cafe players are able to record their PC nowadays so it shouldn't be a problem. We won't require a high resolution, 1024x768 resolution is readable and should be enough.

Rally3

[2F2F]jimmyfallon

by Rally3 » May 7, 2022, 6:22 pm
Is this to prevent unskilled members joining SWAT? If so, where is the skill line drawn? IIRC, you can never get kicked out of SWAT because of poor performance. Also, while in skin there's plenty of times where current/past/future members have/are/will pre-type (i.e work smarter not harder), so it doesn't make sense to punish it.

That said, being able to type on the spot is a good skill for a member to have. IMO, it would make more sense to allow participants to optionally record themselves and show that they didn't pre-type, and have that be considered in the score/test evaluation. That way, you reward players that have this extra skill without punishing those that pre-type (which still has its uses).

OkaManThe$Wolf

Okaman
Donator

by OkaManThe$Wolf » May 8, 2022, 8:35 pm
Rally3 wrote :
Is this to prevent unskilled members joining SWAT? If so, where is the skill line drawn? IIRC, you can never get kicked out of SWAT because of poor performance. Also, while in skin there's plenty of times where current/past/future members have/are/will pre-type (i.e work smarter not harder), so it doesn't make sense to punish it.

That said, being able to type on the spot is a good skill for a member to have. IMO, it would make more sense to allow participants to optionally record themselves and show that they didn't pre-type, and have that be considered in the score/test evaluation. That way, you reward players that have this extra skill without punishing those that pre-type (which still has its uses).

you mentioned some great points also i do approve with you of course +

Meow

by Meow » May 8, 2022, 8:55 pm
Rally3 wrote :
Also, while in skin there's plenty of times where current/past/future members have/are/will pre-type

As a one who has been in this faction for almost 3 years, I'd say that you don't pre-type against a bunch of cop hunters chasing you, you gotta react fast and quick. I might pre-type/injections yeah or maybe when I'm about to reach only one suspect. Even when you're delivering a suspect to any police station you have to react fast enough with /cuff & /taze & /drag commands. You can't really pre-type all of them at once.

Rally3

[2F2F]jimmyfallon

by Rally3 » May 8, 2022, 10:27 pm
Meow wrote :
As a one who has been in this faction for almost 3 years, I'd say that you don't pre-type against a bunch of cop hunters chasing you, you gotta react fast and quick.

I agree with this. When there are 1+ criminals (and you are alone) it becomes very important for you to be able to type on the spot.

Meow wrote :
I might pre-type/injections yeah or maybe when I'm about to reach only one suspect. Even when you're delivering a suspect to any police station you have to react fast enough with /cuff & /taze & /drag commands.

These scenarios may have either only one target suspect and/or a team of supporting SWATs/LEOs with you. In those cases, I'd always argued in favor of the driver (this can be switched on the situation) should be only responsible for /drag in a team scenario. If they can do more, great. But they need to be able to deliver in /drag and driving the suspect successfully back to the PD marker.

Meow wrote :
You can't really pre-type all of them at once.

Unless they are pretyping/keybinding to the specific tester id, it wouldn't be possible for applicants to be pretyping all of them at once. They'd only pretype one out of the four (/taze, /cuff, /search, or /uncuff).

TL;DR: If there were some less annoying way of proving no pretyped commands, then sure this could be a thing. However, I disagree in interpreting typing speed as the most important SWAT quality - that for me is overall intelligence/knowledge of the game (can be in driving, shooting, tactics, etc). That's why to me it made more sense to reward good typers rather than punish pretypers.

Bear

Bear
Event Host
Event Host Supporter

by Bear » May 9, 2022, 2:01 am
I used to play samp with no gpu, and whenever I record (bandicam, obs or whatever it is.) It literally give me fps drop which lead to harmful gameplay, too hard to move, even though you have a good soc, the videos shows slow gameplay.

I'm not being racist or downgrading someone but look upon fierce's report to grizzly. You'll see what I'm trying to say.

My pc is not like that like he have but yeah it literally give headache when you get 30 fps when you're recording

Tamer wrote :
Helping players is not ass licking, this is literally being helpful

Crazymix

CrazyMix
Retired Administrator

by Crazymix » May 9, 2022, 4:00 am
Well back in 2015 I used to play in a cafe and I just want to let you all know that some of the cafe owners does not let a player download any kinds of applications or software on their computers as they are protecting it from viruses. Once you get caught downloading any software or apps on their computers you might get banned from their internet cafe which is bad to some aspiring SWAT applicants who plays in a cafe and I bet there are lots of them. As much as I would love to have this suggestion implemented it's just that there are lots of cafe players who are really working hard and who knows they might join this faction in the future. I'll stay neutral with this one.

Fair and square

OkaManThe$Wolf

Okaman
Donator

by OkaManThe$Wolf » May 9, 2022, 5:16 pm
it's not possible actually to record their game while testing because those players has low /pc and couldn't even record well also what if cafe players would like to joining our faction and they has a low /pc they shouldn't applying to joining?
from supposed to re-think about it i guess the problem clear already

13 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “S.W.A.T. || Suggestions”