Opening/Closing gates only when you're near them

Moderators: Suggestions helpers, Developers

15 posts Page 2 of 2

Robin

Robin
Donator

by Robin » November 2, 2017, 3:05 pm
Escobar wrote :
We are not sticking to the timeline at all, they did not have alarms like we have in-game (LEO dispatch radio) in the 90s and many other things.

Just because the game is old, that does not mean we are.

They had dispatch on 90s... :geek: But why implent this suggestion, if this is not an RP server.

They did, but not the automated-to-every-cop-ever-instant-message like we have now when a shop is robbed.
Retired community player 2013-2020
★ Retired LSPD United Chief of Police ★
★ Retired S.A. Army General ★

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Spoiler: show
All Former Positions and Titles
LSPD United Chief of Police & Founder
S.A. Army General, Commander-In-Chief
& High Command & Head Event Officer

Lsrcr Website & Server Developer
La Famiglia Assassini Pagati Underboss

LS-RCR Radio Manager & DJ
LS-RCR Newspaper Head Editor
SAPT Advisor & Driving Instructor
Blackouts Advisor
Saints Training Officer & Rookie
Absynth's Crew Assassin
Comrades Worker
And much more...

Fady

Fady

by Fady » November 2, 2017, 6:25 pm
Someone is stuck in a base, and you're the only member online with the ability to open/close the gates. What if you're in LV and he's in LS. Would he wait for your majesty to come back to LS to open the gates or what? Mate, before making a suggestion, always look on the 2 sides, on the advantages and disadvantages. You can conclude what my vote is.

"Embrace the mini-mod within you" -Fady2020

LSPD United Staff Member & Instructor
S.W.A.T. Master Sergeant

Escobar

Escobabe

by Escobar » November 2, 2017, 9:06 pm
xDeadlyKiller wrote :
Someone is stuck in a base, and you're the only member online with the ability to open/close the gates. What if you're in LV and he's in LS. Would he wait for your majesty to come back to LS to open the gates or what? Mate, before making a suggestion, always look on the 2 sides, on the advantages and disadvantages. You can conclude what my vote is.

/kill ;)

Rally3

[2F2F]jimmyfallon

by Rally3 » November 2, 2017, 9:47 pm
Robin wrote :
Escobar wrote :
We are not sticking to the timeline at all, they did not have alarms like we have in-game (LEO dispatch radio) in the 90s and many other things.

Just because the game is old, that does not mean we are.

They had dispatch on 90s... :geek: But why implent this suggestion, if this is not an RP server.

They did, but not the automated-to-every-cop-ever-instant-message like we have now when a shop is robbed.

I was tempted to meme on this

CXdur

CXdur
Server Co-owner

by CXdur » November 29, 2017, 1:44 am
Please keep your replies on-topic, this is not the bar. Forum warnings might be added for players who fail to do so.

Anyhow, this will not be added. However, if a group wishes to change the way their gates work this is definitely something I could add in the future. We could technically add several modes to the gates and the group leaders could ultimately decide what kind of mode they'd want for their gates (this is something I thought of in the past, when I first wrote the current group gate system, it shouldn't be too hard to implement).

Some possible modes could be:
Automatic (when near)
Manual, no range check
Manual, range check

We could also add an option that would automatically close group gates if they are opened and no group members seem to be near them (could run at an interval of 5 minutes or so for instance). This could be optional and could be enabled as an additional feature for non-automatic gates if the group leader wants it. PM me if interested.

Anyhow, this is merely ideas and for now I won't implement any of this unless groups actually want this. And even then it won't be a high priority, and my exams will come first.
signature
15 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Database - SA:MP Server suggestions”