Admin tagging

If you have a suggestion related to our website and/or UCP, you can share it here.

Moderator: Developers

12 posts Page 1 of 2

neTwork

netwoRk
Donator

by neTwork » June 22, 2022, 8:31 pm
Greetings.

What I'd like to suggest is admin tag option for website - forum posts. Where this comes very useful is when you have players host reports for example, where made reports are only displayed for the staff team, instead of public eye because I can only presume that the reports can be reviewed on a healthier level when they're held inside the staff team. Public reports can be exposive and alert players that they're actually being under investigation, which can ruin the outcome.

Admin Fantastic told me that there is not such feature therefore I decided to make this suggestion. The following command for admin tagging would be [admin] your text [/admin] where everything in between the admin tags stays hidden for staff members and admin tagged text then displays "Text for admins" when it's tagged.

I would also like to suggest a change to title format for "player reports" thread. I cannot find it morally correct to publically write down someones name who I suspect of violating server rules.

Thank you very much.
Last edited by neTwork on June 22, 2022, 10:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TititMonyet

TititMonyet

by TititMonyet » June 22, 2022, 8:34 pm
+1

Great idea.

Tenior

by Tenior » June 22, 2022, 8:35 pm
TititMonyet wrote :
+1

Great idea.

PjokerOrange

PjokerOrange

by PjokerOrange » June 22, 2022, 9:21 pm
TititMonyet wrote :
+1

Great idea.

Roadkill

bro_

by Roadkill » June 22, 2022, 9:26 pm
Great idea.
★ Groups ★
Vampires
★ Member ★

Leli's squad ★ Member★

The buzzards ★ rookie ★

Los vagos ★ Member ★

Blackouts ★Secret Agent★

Pagati ★Associate★

Karu_Tepes

Lost_Soul
Pagati Don
Supporter

by Karu_Tepes » June 22, 2022, 10:28 pm
While I do understand what you're going for, there is a problem with this. That being, everyone should have a right to defend themselves. I can give you plenty of times where users reported me, and I needed to provide additional videos/pictures to prove that not only was I innocent, but that the user was lying/report hunting. It should also be noted that aimbot and keybind reports can be sent to staff via forum PM, and you can do that with other reports IF you feel like it contains sensitive information or might start a drastically out of proportion drama event. Aside from that, everyone has the right to present a defense and confront their accuser. It's in our constitution.

neTwork

netwoRk
Donator

by neTwork » June 22, 2022, 10:54 pm
Karu_Tepes wrote :
While I do understand what you're going for, there is a problem with this. That being, everyone should have a right to defend themselves. I can give you plenty of times where users reported me, and I needed to provide additional videos/pictures to prove that not only was I innocent, but that the user was lying/report hunting. It should also be noted that aimbot and keybind reports can be sent to staff via forum PM, and you can do that with other reports IF you feel like it contains sensitive information or might start a drastically out of proportion drama event. Aside from that, everyone has the right to present a defense and confront their accuser. It's in our constitution.

I find it perfectly fine whether players who host their reports decide to make it public for everyone as well as the player they are reporting. That is purely their free decision, for example what I noticed, is that there are minor rule violations mostly included such as "handcuff abusing" or "asking for rights" which I honestly have no idea what it means but nevertheless, it gives reported players opportunity to defend themselves in such instances.

However, as I said, I find it very immoral if I am obligated to make public reports on players I suspect of excessively violating server rules, such as using forbidden cheats or mods because if I host it publically, I already compromise my report and decrease the chances of my report being properly reviewed in depth.

Whether accused player should be given benefit of the doubt, they can be informed additionally in attempt to prove their innocence, if the evidence isn't with certainty accurate.

Admin tagging reports or anything useful in general for admins should be our choice. I and I believe many others would greatly appreciate if this gets implemented. Thank you very much.

Hero__Man

Hero__Man

by Hero__Man » June 23, 2022, 12:41 am
TititMonyet wrote :
+1

Great idea.
~Renegades Amateur ~

~ATHENA Gladiator~

~Blackouts Accociate~

Karu_Tepes

Lost_Soul
Pagati Don
Supporter

by Karu_Tepes » June 23, 2022, 12:55 am
neTwork wrote :
Karu_Tepes wrote :

I find it perfectly fine whether players who host their reports decide to make it public for everyone as well as the player they are reporting. That is purely their free decision, for example what I noticed, is that there are minor rule violations mostly included such as "handcuff abusing" or "asking for rights" which I honestly have no idea what it means but nevertheless, it gives reported players opportunity to defend themselves in such instances.

However, as I said, I find it very immoral if I am obligated to make public reports on players I suspect of excessively violating server rules, such as using forbidden cheats or mods because if I host it publically, I already compromise my report and decrease the chances of my report being properly reviewed in depth.

Whether accused player should be given benefit of the doubt, they can be informed additionally in attempt to prove their innocence, if the evidence isn't with certainty accurate.

Admin tagging reports or anything useful in general for admins should be our choice. I and I believe many others would greatly appreciate if this gets implemented. Thank you very much.

I see what you mean. In cases like that, were you have proof but don't feel it's strictly enough, and don't want the user to be alerted to the fact they were caught, yes, a public report is a bad idea. But, as stated, you CAN send these reports to staff via forum PM. I have done this many times, and have gotten successful results with it. It's not that we need to suddenly make the report section hidden, that would bode poorly for many users. But if you feel your report could make a user who is cheating harder to catch, please forum PM it to staff.

neTwork

netwoRk
Donator

by neTwork » June 23, 2022, 4:47 am
That is correct, good point. I may as well just privately contact any admin with my report where it can be privately investigated by them.

But then I have to look for an online admin or select an offline admin or multiple staff members which makes me feel like I am consuming too much time where compared to standard official reporting you spend minimal time and present your report officially for every staff member.

The only reason I suggested this is because I genuinely believe that the reports can be handled on a more "professional" level within the access of admin team only when it comes to suspected reports that are still in process of needing to be investigated, and you don't want the evidence out in public.

I would really like to be given option to either hide or not hide my report.

I am sure that you understsnd, Karu_Tepes. Thank you very much.
12 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Website Suggestions”