Show your mods here!
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Karu_Tepes Online

Lost_Soul
Pagati Don
Supporter

by Karu_Tepes » February 22, 2021, 8:32 am

This, is VENOM.

People keep asking about my car, and complimenting it when they see my screenshots, so I figured I would make a short video of it to show it off.

It replaces the Bullet, which is the third fastest car in the game, and also includes engine, brake, siren, and other sound mods as well as custom lighting and a spotlight I can move around.

It feels nice and steady, causes no log, and makes me feel very immersed into the server. The Bullet is a great car already, and seeing it modernized into a Shelby Cobra designed as a personal medical response car feels simply good.

So why the name Venom? Well as I said, the car mod itself is a concept version of the 2020 Shelby Cobra that was canceled. As the Cobra is a venomous snake, I felt the name Venom fit the fast and deadly car. A few people also notice the car changes color often. It depends on what I'm doing and such. Red/white or White/red is medical, and I usually use Durcrew's for the siren. Red/yellow is my one at the car shop for just roaming around. I also use a yellow/red one for high profile standbys like events, and a few seasonal color schemes like Winter Wonder, which is Blue/Silver

And no, none of this gives me an advantage. It's all visual, it doesn't change how the car handles or anything.

Veen

Veen
Senior Administrator

by Veen » February 22, 2021, 9:47 pm
Cool creation, I'd have preferred if the sirens sound was somehow different, more realistic?

Karu_Tepes Online

Lost_Soul
Pagati Don
Supporter

by Karu_Tepes » February 22, 2021, 10:32 pm
Veen wrote :
Cool creation, I'd have preferred if the sirens sound was somehow different, more realistic?

They are real...

Siren tone 1 is a Japanese elctromechanical motor driven high tone pulser siren, which I'll show below
Siren tone 2 is an Alpha Ecto 1 clip for Federal Signal sirens with a 'custom' setting, and was orignally made for Ghostbusters, which I'll also show below

Siren one:

Siren two:

Edit: Found a clip of a fire apparatus USING the Alpha Ecto 1 tone!

Veen

Veen
Senior Administrator

by Veen » February 22, 2021, 10:57 pm
Yea my comment was more about siren tone 1 as the second tone is more related to medical stuff i suppose?

It seems that it's real after all, but i guess im a fan of NYPD sirens, here's an example of how a good police sirens sounds to me;

Squanix

Squanix
Pagati Consigliere

by Squanix » February 22, 2021, 11:17 pm

What about that too, veen?
It's good or same?

Karu_Tepes Online

Lost_Soul
Pagati Don
Supporter

by Karu_Tepes » February 23, 2021, 3:07 am
Veen wrote :
Yea my comment was more about siren tone 1 as the second tone is more related to medical stuff i suppose?

It seems that it's real after all, but i guess im a fan of NYPD sirens, here's an example of how a good police sirens sounds to me;

That would be the Federal Signal SS2000. The NYPD loves it, but only because they use it with a Rumbler, and it's a 'peaceful' siren. But there is an issue... listen close

Tone 1: Wail
Tone 2: Yelp
Tone 3: Hi-lo
Tone 4: Piercer

San Andreas only uses TWO sound files. So I would have to either pick from those four sounds, or mash several together into a single clip. Some mods do make Wail/Yelp one sound file so it changes automatically between them, then uses Piercer as the second file, but they often artifact when in game (distort)

Another issue is my irl job... I'm a firefighter/paramedic. I use a siren all the damn time, and it's a very basic siren. If I had the sound files available to be used, I'd want the sirens used below (cyberpunk and Cry 60)

Bear

Bear
Event Host
Event Host Supporter

by Bear » February 28, 2021, 1:40 am
The siren tho

Tamer wrote :
Helping players is not ass licking, this is literally being helpful
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Showroom”