Introduction: [Lsrcr]Honest

Here you can find the introduction topics of former staff members who have retired.
1 post Page 1 of 1

Honest

Honest
Developer

by Honest » November 6, 2018, 6:22 pm

!
Enter! Honest!

!

Hello! It is I, [Lsrcr]Honest! I have decided to write here since I'm somewhat of a reclusive person, one who you would find to rather do than speak.

Honest. Why 'Honest'?
Why not. I have never had a name change and I'll always be Honest for as long as I'm here. The name Honest is that of an angel. One of many angel's task is to watch over souls and try to maintain peace and harmony in an otherwise ungodly world. Bring order to disorder, so to speak. I always find myself to be the type to lend a helping hand whenever I can. Therefore the name, honestly, (no pun intended) seems appropriate to go by as an alias of mine over the internet.

SA-MP
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will always be the best game in my book simply because of that beautiful Australian man (Kye Bitossi. Shout out to Kyeman/Kalcor and his beautiful team) for developing a third-party modification called San Andreas Multiplayer, and making it public and free. He began the development as early as 2005 which is the same year this game was released and I believe it was released to the public in 2006. I only heard about SA-MP in 2007 when I was 14. Boy did I play this game day and night from day 1. It's such a beautiful game + mod to me, and it still is. The first ever server that I joined in was that of a Cops and Robbers that used Las Venturas as it's main city. I don't recall the server name as this was a very long time ago and I was merely trying out this mod. Imagine my surprise when I learned of the history of LS-RCR about how the main city of this server was originally Las Venturas. That means it's possible that the first server I have ever joined was indeed LS-RCR. If it's so then I guess it's just meant to be. Throughout my SA-MP career, I've made friends with a lot of players and administrated I think around 10 servers in total until I stopped playing SA-MP altogether due to real-life busyness (studies). Fast forward to 2014, I decided to play again in my brand new laptop. Found this server and immediately fell in love. This server made me rejoice my 'doggy days' as a SA-MP veteran. There's always a gut feeling that I get that will say if the server is going to be good or not upon joining. This server stood out so much. Can't really put it into words and I'm here ever since.

Joining the staff team
One day I woke up to a new section being opened on the forum. The "Moderator Applications" subforum. Fuck yes. At that point in time, I'm still very much in love with LS-RCR. After years of playing SA-MP and administrated a few huge servers, I just knew I have what it takes to be one and help out this place that I hold dear in my heart. I think I was one of the first applicants and the first one to be accepted to the team as a Trial Moderator. Haven't felt the excitement like that in a while.

Things became hectic in real life. Work was overwhelming me by the day. I didn't have much opportunity to spend time leisurely as I even barely got enough sleep. Worst part is, I was doing something that I don't want to be doing in life. Had a few breakdowns and decided not to do that anymore. Switched career to be a web developer in real life. I guess with luck I was able to impress the company enough and got hired right away. Now my life is more stable (time-wise and monetarily) and I want to use my skill as a web developer to help this place that I love with that skill, also to make up for the time that I'm busy with work for my duty as an administrator. Discussed this with the seniors and we came to terms on this one and I'm beyond happy.

Hopes for the future
I'll bring my craft to this server by keep adding requested features and help the server grow this way, apart from my regular duties as an administrator and hope to see this awesome server grow as I grow.

That's all from me for now.
Enjoy your stay!
1 post Page 1 of 1
Return to “Past Staff”