fucking windows 10...

Here you can discuss anything related to technology as well as ask for help if you have an issue related to your PC or devices.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Karu_Tepes

Lost_Soul
Pagati Don
Supporter

by Karu_Tepes » December 24, 2022, 12:18 am
So, i downloaded san andreas from steam...
downgraded it as usual... it installs samp, silent patch, asi loader, cleo4, and wesker widescreen as normal...

and crashes on launch! gets about 80% loaded and crashes. Ive downgraded like this dozens of times and never had a first go crash. Theres no mods aside from the QOL stuff above, set to compatibility and admin. Literally the only difference is the OS, windows 10 instead of 7. Any ideas on how to unfuck it?

Karu_Tepes

Lost_Soul
Pagati Don
Supporter

by Karu_Tepes » December 24, 2022, 2:21 am
So, staff can lock...

I called my friend who does PC repair. Explained the issue, and he says, and I quote "You're running it in windows xp service pack 3? Try 98/me, the game should autocorrect to the hardware" to which I replied, "You're a fucking idiot"...

Tried it anyways...

I'm the fucking idiot. It has to be set to windows 98/me compatible on windows 10. I have no idea why, I don't care to know why, I'm just pissed the 13 hours I spent was on such an asinine solution.

Abstract

Abstract
Senior Administrator

by Abstract » December 24, 2022, 12:45 pm
Had the same issue, ran in compatibility mode for windows 7/xp I think and it was solved.

Locked upon request
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Tech Talk”