SAMP Performance Issues w/ Windows 10

Here you can discuss anything related to technology as well as ask for help if you have an issue related to your PC or devices.
21 posts Page 1 of 3

Shepherd_Dog

Shepherd_Dog

Post by Shepherd_Dog » July 14, 2017, 6:31 pm
Hi,

I've recently upgraded my PC's to 6GB RAM, Windows 10 & ATI Radeon HD Series 4600. I was running GTA San Andreas on Windows 7 in the past which had amazing performance, no lags, and no latency issues, but after upgrading to Windows 10 the computer itself runs fast and amazing but when I run 100% clean GTA or SAMP. The game ends up with low performance, like freezing, lag spikes even the latency is great.

I stopped background applications, set from balanced to high-performance options, GTA SA's priority is high while running w/ task manager. I did try to troubleshoot compatibility changing to different windows but none of them really did something unexpected.

There are users who are running Windows 10 w/ Low-End performance and settings yet, there are no issues nor performance circumstances. I'm obviously looking forward to fixing this mess up which is confusing me and I researched/Googled a lot, Unfortunately, there were no changes at all.

JohnCarer

JohnCarer
Community Manager

Post by JohnCarer » July 14, 2017, 6:36 pm
did you update/download proper drivers for your gpu

Shepherd_Dog

Shepherd_Dog

Post by Shepherd_Dog » July 14, 2017, 6:50 pm
Yes, My drivers are up-to-date as you can see in the screenshot and I can't find that goddamn issue to fix this up.
Let me know if you do some checks/setting via Teamviewer.
Attachments
Untitled.png

jilla123

Jilla

Post by jilla123 » July 15, 2017, 1:52 am
Original version of Windows 10?
Check your internet.

Shepherd_Dog

Shepherd_Dog

Post by Shepherd_Dog » July 15, 2017, 10:14 am
jilla123 wrote :
Check your internet.

The original version of Windows 10 Pro, the Internet is fine as my latency is around 187-200 which is good but there's feeling of crispness instead of running smooth game.

jilla123

Jilla

Post by jilla123 » July 15, 2017, 11:11 am
Shepherd_Dog wrote :
jilla123 wrote :
Check your internet.

The original version of Windows 10 Pro, the Internet is fine as my latency is around 187-200 which is good but there's feeling of crispness instead of running smooth game.

Only GTA SA lags or all other games does?

Raskit

Raskit
Retired Administrator

Post by Raskit » July 15, 2017, 11:24 am
I don't think drivers have ever been released for this GPU for Windows 10, this is probably why your performance is terrible, you may actually be using basic Windows drivers.

Click here and use the options I have shown in the below image.

You'll notice that there is no Windows 10 option, there's a few things you could try which may work, but firstly go to Device Manager, click the Display adapters drop down, right click your GPU and click properties (as shown below)

Once you've opened the properties menu click the tab named "Driver" and take a screenshot and post it here. (It should look like the image below)

I believe you may be using the basic Windows drivers which get installed when you first get the operating system, regardless I suggest that you try to follow this guide.

Shepherd_Dog

Shepherd_Dog

Post by Shepherd_Dog » July 15, 2017, 2:37 pm
Yeah, It's Microsoft Basic, I'm downloading the driver right now based on Windows 8 64 bit. I'll post a screenshot once it's done.

Shepherd_Dog

Shepherd_Dog

Post by Shepherd_Dog » July 15, 2017, 4:10 pm
@Raskit,
I successfully installed AMD Catalyst Control Center's driver but, I'm still facing the same issue as you can see in the screenshots.

Raskit

Raskit
Retired Administrator

Post by Raskit » July 15, 2017, 4:21 pm
Shepherd_Dog wrote :
@Raskit,
I successfully installed AMD Catalyst Control Center's driver but, I'm still facing the same issue as you can see in the screenshots.

Did you do a clean install of Windows 10 or did you do the one where it keeps files from the previous Windows installation?
21 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Tech Talk”