Cooldown on /uncuff or other possible changes

If you have a suggestion related to our server & gamemode, you can share it here.

Moderators: Suggestions helpers, Developers

18 posts Page 1 of 2
Would you like this suggestion to take affect?

50%
Cooldown per suspect sounds ideal.
20%
Cooldown per LEO sounds ideal.
No votes
Other (stated below)
30%
I disagree with this suggestion.

Total votes: 20

getrektdude

Getrekt

Post by getrektdude » March 6, 2020, 1:17 pm
Your name: [Lsrcr]Getrekt
Suggestion headline: Making some changes in /uncuff system.
Picture: -
Importance of suggestion: 6/10
Why should it be accepted: Well, as many of us must have experienced a situation where you managed to cuff a suspect and there is a cop who is prepared to uncuff your suspect, which was really common recently which players used to help cophunters who are in most cases, group leaders.
So, in that situation the cop can rapidly keep uncuffing the suspect without any cooldown or any other restrictions, I'd like to suggest that we could have a cooldown on uncuff command, cooldown can be based on suspects themselves by letting them getting uncuffed once every 10 minutes or so, it would really help those cops who are not so good with soc and in some cases, prevents bitching, if not, there can be cooldown for leos themselves in order to uncuff someone again, players who take advantage of this system will most likely disagree with any changes to this, but let's be real here, being able to uncuff someone again and again is just stupid.

S.W.A.T Sergeant | Community Supporter

not a weeb!

Abstract

Abstract
Senior Administrator

Post by Abstract » March 6, 2020, 1:33 pm
+1

There's also a limit to how many cuffs you have, so after a while, you end up not even being able to cuff the suspect.

Robin

Robin
Donator

Post by Robin » March 6, 2020, 3:19 pm
There should be an, at least, 5 second timer before another officer can uncuff someone else's suspect.
Retired community player 2013-2020
★ Retired LSPD United Chief of Police ★
★ Retired S.A. Army General ★

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Spoiler: show
All Former Positions and Titles
LSPD United Chief of Police & Founder
S.A. Army General, Commander-In-Chief
& High Command & Head Event Officer

Lsrcr Website & Server Developer
La Famiglia Assassini Pagati Underboss

LS-RCR Radio Manager & DJ
LS-RCR Newspaper Head Editor
SAPT Advisor & Driving Instructor
Blackouts Advisor
Saints Training Officer & Rookie
Absynth's Crew Assassin
Comrades Worker
And much more...

Veen

Veen
Senior Administrator

Post by Veen » March 6, 2020, 4:04 pm
I like your suggestion but i find that 10 minute as a cooldown is too much.What robin suggested,5 seconds before being able to uncuff other leo's suspect is suitable for me.

Karu_Tepes

Lost_Soul
Pagati Don

Post by Karu_Tepes » March 6, 2020, 6:07 pm
One issue I see here is alot of cops cuff abuse. And I mean ALOT. I stood outside LSPD and no less than a dozen officers cuffed me, never searched me, just cuffed and left. The kicked? I had a friend as LEO standing RIGHT beside me. I wasn't wanted, I had a LEO beside me, and these fools would come up, cuff me, and leave. Over and over. It got to the point he started uncuffing me just out of shock at how poorly educated on the rules these fools are.

Punish the rule breaks, not the entire population.

getrektdude

Getrekt

Post by getrektdude » March 7, 2020, 9:53 am
Lost_Soul wrote :
One issue I see here is alot of cops cuff abuse. And I mean ALOT. I stood outside LSPD and no less than a dozen officers cuffed me, never searched me, just cuffed and left. The kicked? I had a friend as LEO standing RIGHT beside me. I wasn't wanted, I had a LEO beside me, and these fools would come up, cuff me, and leave. Over and over. It got to the point he started uncuffing me just out of shock at how poorly educated on the rules these fools are.

Punish the rule breaks, not the entire population.

You can still report those players for leaving you cuffed for no reason, however the situation i mentioned above and the situation you've mentioned don't seem relevant, well let's consider your situation here,
A 5-10 seconds cooldown before getting uncuffed shouldn't hurt anyone.

not a weeb!

getrektdude

Getrekt

Post by getrektdude » March 7, 2020, 9:58 am
Veen wrote :
I like your suggestion but i find that 10 minute as a cooldown is too much.What robin suggested,5 seconds before being able to uncuff other leo's suspect is suitable for me.

Well, I do like the idea of not being able to get uncuffed for at least 5-10 seconds after getting cuffed, but I'd like to hear more opinions about this.

not a weeb!

VenoM

VenoM
Donator

Post by VenoM » March 7, 2020, 11:04 am
Add 5 seconds cool down ez.

122policeofficer

Policeofficer

Post by 122policeofficer » March 7, 2020, 3:04 pm
+1

I am glad how you noticed this.This suggestion need to be taken look into.
If you asked me I would totaly remove ability of uncuffing wanted suspect if specified law enforcer didn't cuff him.So if I cuff some wanted player only I should be able to uncuff him,that seems pretty logical for me.Being able to uncuff non wanted player by every leo should stay as it is to prevent abuse.
This thing need to be taken care by staffs,because it really doesn't make sense.I by my self witnessed this many time ig where I was out of cuffs trying to arrest wanted suspect while other leo keeps realasing him

Mr.DollarMan

Mrs.RupeeWoman

Post by Mr.DollarMan » March 8, 2020, 4:42 am
I support this suggestion and there should be at most 5 seconds cool down before uncuffing the same player again, just like you can't search the same player right after he has been searched. This will not just benefit the cops but also the group leaders because the cafe players keeps uncuffing the group leaders in order to get rights without the will of the group leaders.
But there is one more thing which is a bit annoying. When you manage to break cuffs twice or thrice in a row the leo stands there for you and waits for you to fail the process of break cuffs once so he could drag, search or arrest you.
If the leo will stand right next to us and keep cuffing the suspect again and again, how is he supposed to run away?

Signature Credit: King_Mahathir.
18 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Server Suggestions”