Police entering locked cars

If you have a suggestion related to our server & gamemode, you can share it here.

Moderators: Suggestions helpers, Developers

4 posts Page 1 of 1

Mgd_Azam

Mgd_Azam
Donator

by Mgd_Azam » March 11, 2023, 6:29 pm
Your name: Mgd_Azam
Suggestion headline: Add
Picture: Keep the picture in this
Spoiler: show

Importance of suggestion: 9/10
Why should it be accepted: Alright so, as you can see the criminals has adventage shooting from inside the vehicle using Q + E and police officers can't carjack them or so because their vehicles are locked and it makes it kinda impossible to get the criminals, I suggest making it carjack able for officers when trying to catch criminals, make the system defines when the criminal is shooting from the vehicle = window is open or broken and make it able for the police officer to unlock and enter the vehicle. because if we came to the logic, the vehicle can be entered because he's already shooting out of it.

I know It's not a roleplay server regarding the window thing I've mentioned but come on, lets make it fun.

Karu_Tepes

Lost_Soul
Pagati Don
Supporter

by Karu_Tepes » March 11, 2023, 6:38 pm
You can shoot through the window right back at them. Once they shoot, lethal force is authorized (you won't get fined/punished for it by the server). If you want to arrest, shoot the vehicle, not them, and it will catch fire. Then they either bail out, or die. This also works if they are not shooting, because you disabling the vehicle, not harming them.

Also, there isn't a way to code this into Pawn, at least not one that I know of. Even if it could be done, the risk of a bug breaking vehicles is very high and would likely be more dangerous to the server than the value of the idea. I don't think it's a bad idea, just not needed or accomplishable.

Mgd_Azam

Mgd_Azam
Donator

by Mgd_Azam » March 11, 2023, 6:44 pm
Karu_Tepes wrote :
You can shoot through the window right back at them. Once they shoot, lethal force is authorized (you won't get fined/punished for it by the server). If you want to arrest, shoot the vehicle, not them, and it will catch fire. Then they either bail out, or die. This also works if they are not shooting, because you disabling the vehicle, not harming them.

Also, there isn't a way to code this into Pawn, at least not one that I know of. Even if it could be done, the risk of a bug breaking vehicles is very high and would likely be more dangerous to the server than the value of the idea. I don't think it's a bad idea, just not needed or accomplishable.

What I meant is allowing police officers to open unlocked vehicles, either coding a Kit for them that they can get from the PD's spawn or just code it to be allowed, define if the player has the class number of the police, and give a false order for the vehicle lock towards this person, and it will give him an ability to enter the vehicle even if It's locked :)

I can code this with less than 15 lines if you want me to do it, I'm happy to do it.

Karu_Tepes

Lost_Soul
Pagati Don
Supporter

by Karu_Tepes » March 11, 2023, 6:58 pm
Mgd_Azam wrote :
Karu_Tepes wrote :

What I meant is allowing police officers to open unlocked vehicles, either coding a Kit for them that they can get from the PD's spawn or just code it to be allowed, define if the player has the class number of the police, and give a false order for the vehicle lock towards this person, and it will give him an ability to enter the vehicle even if It's locked :)

I can code this with less than 15 lines if you want me to do it, I'm happy to do it.

Again, even if it could be done, what purpose would it serve? When you make a suggestion, you need to give a reason why devs should put the effort in, and will it be used? You thought this idea so good you gave it a 9/10 priority, and yet as someone who's been here for years I've never once had any form of issue with people using /lock. I can ask around, but I doubt anyone else has had the issue either. I can also name a number of times I've used /lock to prevent people abusing my gameplay (car jacking to bitch, DM, and so on) so it'd be doing FAR more harm to my game than good.

I understand you wanna put in your ideas, but please make sure it's not been suggested before, and that it'll actually be useful and used, and not something that if put it, would never be used. A minor gripe is really not nearly a priority compared to the larger issues we're facing currently.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Server Suggestions”