Remove alt accounts

If you have a suggestion related to our server & gamemode, you can share it here.

Moderators: Suggestions helpers, Developers

16 posts Page 1 of 2

Karu_Tepes

Lost_Soul
Pagati Don
Supporter

by Karu_Tepes » March 15, 2023, 5:13 pm
Your name: Karuminska
Suggestion headline: Disallow alt accounts
Picture: Keep the picture in this
Spoiler: show

Importance of suggestion:8/10
Why should it be accepted: While it's always been a problem, I've been seeing it a bit more lately. Users who know the rules, know the server, ect, get pissed off at someone, and log out. Then, just seconds later, some "new user" logs in, and immediately hunts down whoever pissed them off and relentlessly annoys them. There is also some users who make dozens of alts, and use them to dominate the server for short times (often being reported for aimbot as well since no one expects a new user to 2-shot as well as them) and often they end up cluttering reports, causing problems, and just generally being a problem. Now, I can understand some people having an alt like staff and beta testers, but there is no realistic reason a cafe user needs 24 accounts, especially when they are often one shots (used once, never used again) harassment accounts (used solely to annoy people) or are just basic spammers.

BeaTen.

BeatEn

by BeaTen. » March 15, 2023, 5:26 pm
+1 i agree with all the points mentioned and i have previously suggested to disallow alt accounts. i hate all alt accounts >.<

BloodMoon

blod_moon

by BloodMoon » March 17, 2023, 8:55 am
I agree+1
Blackouts Trusted
The Buzzards Ex-member
Los Vagos Ex-Member
pcc [OoO] Ex-Member
NCS Ex-Member

Ziad_Ronaldo2022

by Ziad_Ronaldo2022 » March 18, 2023, 9:29 am
Bad idea

The cafe players who makes the server active they are sometimes creating accounts and forget the password or just write anything to spawn and get fun.
Error: Hero_Dark not found

BeaTen.

BeatEn

by BeaTen. » March 18, 2023, 10:55 am
Ziad_Ronaldo2022 wrote :
Bad idea

The cafe players who makes the server active they are sometimes creating accounts and forget the password or just write anything to spawn and get fun.

they can always ask admins to recover their password, this is really not a valid excuse unless you are referring to yourself

fuckmehard

TMH

by fuckmehard » March 18, 2023, 1:43 pm
Good Suggestion +1
But looking at the server with two or three players this is not the right time' i feel!!

fuckmehard

TMH

by fuckmehard » March 18, 2023, 1:43 pm
Good Suggestion +1
But looking at the server with two or three players this is not the right time' i feel!!

Abstract

Abstract
Senior Administrator

by Abstract » March 18, 2023, 2:11 pm
Ziad_Ronaldo2022 wrote :
Bad idea

all it takes is having a password you can remember or writing it down - such a silly excuse to create more accounts lmao

BeX

BeX

by BeX » March 18, 2023, 3:32 pm
Mockery wrote :
Negative

The player base is already very small. We should make it easier for new players to join. A new player (not a ban evader) won't do much hassle of creating a forum account, making an application and wait for the staff team to review it. He'd straight switch to some other server, which might reduce the potential player base. Also, most admins tend to go undercover to catch people rulebreaking. If a whitelisting system is introduced then admins will easily be discovered when they are undercover and would make things a complete mess.

I stick to this one

Need assistance ?Kindly click the link

Karu_Tepes

Lost_Soul
Pagati Don
Supporter

by Karu_Tepes » March 18, 2023, 7:01 pm
ExperimenTaL wrote :
Mockery wrote :
Negative

The player base is already very small. We should make it easier for new players to join. A new player (not a ban evader) won't do much hassle of creating a forum account, making an application and wait for the staff team to review it. He'd straight switch to some other server, which might reduce the potential player base. Also, most admins tend to go undercover to catch people rulebreaking. If a whitelisting system is introduced then admins will easily be discovered when they are undercover and would make things a complete mess.

I stick to this one

Umm... I'm not seeing that post in this thread, nor am I suggesting a white list. I was suggesting more along the lines of users can only have one account, and if you're caught making a second one it gets terminated and your main gets a warning. Or, make it so if it's proven you used an alt to cause problems and break rules, your main gets the warnings.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Server Suggestions”