Remove alt accounts

If you have a suggestion related to our server & gamemode, you can share it here.

Moderators: Suggestions helpers, Developers

16 posts Page 2 of 2

Robin

Robin
Donator

by Robin » March 19, 2023, 4:21 pm
ExperimenTaL wrote :
Mockery wrote :
Negative

The player base is already very small. We should make it easier for new players to join. A new player (not a ban evader) won't do much hassle of creating a forum account, making an application and wait for the staff team to review it. He'd straight switch to some other server, which might reduce the potential player base. Also, most admins tend to go undercover to catch people rulebreaking. If a whitelisting system is introduced then admins will easily be discovered when they are undercover and would make things a complete mess.

I stick to this one

This can easily be negated by improving the UC system for admins. Shouldn’t even be an argument on this topic.
Retired community player 2013-2020
★ Retired LSPD United Chief of Police ★
★ Retired S.A. Army General ★

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Spoiler: show
All Former Positions and Titles
LSPD United Chief of Police & Founder
S.A. Army General, Commander-In-Chief
& High Command & Head Event Officer

Lsrcr Website & Server Developer
La Famiglia Assassini Pagati Underboss

LS-RCR Radio Manager & DJ
LS-RCR Newspaper Head Editor
SAPT Advisor & Driving Instructor
Blackouts Advisor
Saints Training Officer & Rookie
Absynth's Crew Assassin
Comrades Worker
And much more...

Karu_Tepes

Lost_Soul
Pagati Don
Supporter

by Karu_Tepes » March 19, 2023, 4:29 pm
Robin wrote :
ExperimenTaL wrote :
Mockery wrote :
Negative

The player base is already very small. We should make it easier for new players to join. A new player (not a ban evader) won't do much hassle of creating a forum account, making an application and wait for the staff team to review it. He'd straight switch to some other server, which might reduce the potential player base. Also, most admins tend to go undercover to catch people rulebreaking. If a whitelisting system is introduced then admins will easily be discovered when they are undercover and would make things a complete mess.

I stick to this one

This can easily be negated by improving the UC system for admins. Shouldn’t even be an argument on this topic.

Not only that, but players who are using alts and get caught doing it, and get caught breaking the rules, never have their main account hit. If a player is using an alt to start problems, the alt should be deleted and their main account should be punished double for not only breaking the rules, but using an alt to do it as it's basically trying to deceive staff.

Faraon78910

Faraon
S.A. Army General
Event Host Supporter

by Faraon78910 » March 19, 2023, 9:12 pm
I do not believe that implementing such restrictions is a prudent decision. While you have mentioned that cafe players have 24 alternate accounts, it is difficult to ascertain with certainty whether these accounts are operated by the same individual or different users, as many individuals share the same computers, and all of them share the same IP address. Additionally, some players prefer to use alternate accounts to avoid unwanted conversations, such as when a random user asks them how they are doing. Some of us prefer to play without any interruptions. Furthermore, I would like to emphasize that if a user wishes to change their nickname, they would be required to pay up to 12 DPs. However, creating a new account is a much simpler and faster solution. In conclusion, I am of the opinion that implementing any form of restriction on creating accounts, including for ban evading purposes, is not a favorable decision, particularly given the current low playerbase.

Game Administrator
Army General HTO & HEO
Vic's Gang Owner

Alessandro Online

Alessandro
Donator

by Alessandro » March 19, 2023, 9:20 pm
Faraon78910 wrote :
I do not believe that implementing such restrictions is a prudent decision. While you have mentioned that cafe players have 24 alternate accounts, it is difficult to ascertain with certainty whether these accounts are operated by the same individual or different users, as many individuals share the same computers, and all of them share the same IP address. Additionally, some players prefer to use alternate accounts to avoid unwanted conversations, such as when a random user asks them how they are doing. Some of us prefer to play without any interruptions. Furthermore, I would like to emphasize that if a user wishes to change their nickname, they would be required to pay up to 12 DPs. However, creating a new account is a much simpler and faster solution. In conclusion, I am of the opinion that implementing any form of restriction on creating accounts, including for ban evading purposes, is not a favorable decision, particularly given the current low playerbase.

+ Some children join with any account and they doesn't know the password so i mean they submit any password it doesn't matter for him to create own account he just wanted to have fun there, that's it
Thanks!

Alessandro Online

Alessandro
Donator

by Alessandro » March 19, 2023, 9:23 pm
Karu_Tepes wrote :
Robin wrote :
ExperimenTaL wrote :

I stick to this one

Not only that, but players who are using alts and get caught doing it, and get caught breaking the rules, never have their main account hit. If a player is using an alt to start problems, the alt should be deleted and their main account should be punished double for not only breaking the rules, but using an alt to do it as it's basically trying to deceive staff.

No problem they can check the ip and there they will know main account and everything as well.

BeaTen.

BeatEn

by BeaTen. » March 20, 2023, 5:11 am
Slaughter. wrote :
Karu_Tepes wrote :
Robin wrote :

No problem they can check the ip and there they will know main account and everything as well.

There is no way to know a cafe uc real account
16 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Server Suggestions”