/partner within LEO's

Accepted suggestions are moved in here.

Moderators: Suggestions helpers, Developers

35 posts Page 2 of 4

Snipaxxyy

Snipaxxyy

by Snipaxxyy » January 2, 2020, 7:27 am
Mr.DollarMan wrote :
It is a good idea and will make game more enjoyable for Cops and Army playing as a team however this can be abused in a way which I will explain below:

Imagine a unskilled player wants to team with a skilled player and gain free score and cash he would abuse it in such a way that he will sit as a passenger in his car and the car will be parked within the area where the partner thing would work. He can get AFK or not while the other player is busy killing/arresting the criminals. Let's say he doesn't gets AFK in the car he just gets AFK at LSA or some other popular location where criminals mostly gather and hunt. His skilled partner can ask him to get AFK there and then he keeps on coming there to arrest/kill the criminals.

This way only one has to work for it and the other will get the score and cash for free. Some players can help their unskilled friends with this way to get score and money both for him. If this thing can be avoided then the suggestion is good and I would support it.

We can make it this way...
Let's suppose me and you are teaming and we go against a suspect and you end up killing/arresting him . If I dealt damage to the suspect (in case you kill him) or tazed/cuffed him (in case you arrest him) , will count as assisting the kill/arrest and it would give me score and cash.

The way I suggested is way more complicated to script, I guess. However, if we simply implement the idea suggested by Talis would work as well.

"Embrace the mini-mod within you" -Fady2020

Abstract

Abstract
Senior Administrator

by Abstract » January 2, 2020, 8:22 am
Mr.DollarMan wrote :
It is a good idea and will make game more enjoyable for Cops and Army playing as a team however this can be abused in a way which I will explain below:

Imagine a unskilled player wants to team with a skilled player and gain free score and cash he would abuse it in such a way that he will sit as a passenger in his car and the car will be parked within the area where the partner thing would work. He can get AFK or not while the other player is busy killing/arresting the criminals. Let's say he doesn't gets AFK in the car he just gets AFK at LSA or some other popular location where criminals mostly gather and hunt. His skilled partner can ask him to get AFK there and then he keeps on coming there to arrest/kill the criminals.

This way only one has to work for it and the other will get the score and cash for free. Some players can help their unskilled friends with this way to get score and money both for him. If this thing can be avoided then the suggestion is good and I would support it.

This could be counted as abuse and could be punished, instead of completely dismissing the idea. Or better yet, since the system is able to detect when someone is ESC abusing, why not use the same system to check if the player is paused or not - and if said player is in fact paused, not give him the reward?

I understand where you're coming from but there are plenty of workarounds - scoreboosting isn't tolerated in Ls-rcr so anyone found scoreboosting like this would most likely be punished harshly and have their score reduced.

Additionally, there could be a minimum amount of arrest score to use the command, say 150/250, to completely diminish new players from using the feature and possibly abusing it.

Appreciate your thoughts on the suggestion, Dollarman! :)

Robin

Robin
Donator

by Robin » January 2, 2020, 9:29 am
Mr.DollarMan wrote :

A minimum score requirement would be a fix.
This issue is also a thing with partnered robberies AFIAK.
Retired community player 2013-2020
★ Retired LSPD United Chief of Police ★
★ Retired S.A. Army General ★

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

All Former Positions and Titles
LSPD United Chief of Police & Founder
S.A. Army General, Commander-In-Chief
& High Command & Head Event Officer

Lsrcr Website & Server Developer
La Famiglia Assassini Pagati Underboss

LS-RCR Radio Manager & DJ
LS-RCR Newspaper Head Editor
SAPT Advisor & Driving Instructor
Blackouts Advisor
Saints Training Officer & Rookie
Absynth's Crew Assassin
Comrades Worker
And much more...

ackman

Ackman
Donator
Duel Master

by ackman » January 12, 2020, 5:20 pm
Robin wrote :
Swat already has assist score, so why not make it for the rest as well?

About me:

Hello, I am Ackman and I am from Pakistan. I'm a part time Epic Gamer. Coming to the Criminal Career I'd like to mention that I am the founder of Blackouts group. It was founded on 19th of April, in 2017. Other than that, I am the leader of DreamTeam group. Coming to the LEO Career, I am currently serving the Army faction as a Major [MAJ].

Current memberships:

• Blackouts
  • DreamTeam
  • Akatsuki
  • NCS
  • Saints
  • VLA
  • Durcrew
  • Beta Tester
  • [Lsrcr] tag.

Activity Status:

• In-game: 6/10
  • TeamSpeak: 1/10
  • Discord: 9/10 (ackman #7476)
  • Forums: 5/10

OldSchool:

ImageImage ImageImage[/center]

[spoiler]Image

Abstract

Abstract
Senior Administrator

by Abstract » January 12, 2020, 9:57 pm
Anyone else have thoughts on this? I hope this won't end up drowning in suggestions :)

CXdur

CXdur
Server Co-owner

by CXdur » January 13, 2020, 7:29 pm
ackman wrote :
Robin wrote :
Swat already has assist score, so why not make it for the rest as well?

Because only the driver is usually the player who drags even though everyone assists. This is not the case for army / LEO's where players kind of compete for the kill. The score you get for these assists would still be radically less than you would get if there were assists for kills or arrests. It's not a good way of making quick score.

I also think general assists would encourage "tagging" suspects. As in arrests / kills would be delayed until every player had harmed the suspect, so that they get assists.

So about that part I definitely think it's a bad idea but it's worth of its own separate suggestion.

As for /partner for army and cops I don't see any reason as to why this shouldn't be implemented. I think a score requirement is a bad idea to be honest, as partnering with new players could be a fun way for them to learn. As for AFK checks and such, we can definitely do that. We could also require that the player has assisted somehow.
signature

Abstract

Abstract
Senior Administrator

by Abstract » March 24, 2020, 8:41 pm
Any updates to where this is at or if anyone else has opinions on this?

JustCat

JustCat

by JustCat » March 24, 2020, 9:34 pm

!
Positive

!

For this like said swat hhh
Current Positions

National Crime Syndicate | Dom Famiglia | Unknowns | Renegades | Assassins | Stunt Kings | Leli's Squad | Durcrew | Saints | Akatsuki

Just directly paste it

JoEnemar

JoENeMaR

by JoEnemar » March 25, 2020, 6:03 pm

I like this :D

JoEnemar

JoENeMaR

by JoEnemar » March 25, 2020, 6:04 pm

I like this :D
35 posts Page 2 of 4
Return to “Accepted”