Global Unban

Accepted suggestions are moved in here.

Moderators: Suggestions helpers, Developers

85 posts Page 9 of 9

PjokerOrange

PjokerOrange

by PjokerOrange » August 19, 2022, 4:44 pm
I have a good point of view I think everyone goes back to the game I see no one in the game give them a chance
#unban_all_ban

Enchantress

Enchantress
Donator

by Enchantress » August 19, 2022, 4:45 pm
PjokerOrange wrote :
I have a good point of view I think everyone goes back to the game I see no one in the game give them a chance
#unban_all_ban

neTwork

netwoRk
Donator

by neTwork » August 19, 2022, 7:13 pm
I am not really an active member on your community but I will give you my input on this topic.

Your "global unban", as you refer to it for unbanning everyone, will genuinely not solve the lack of playerbase.

It is 2022 and people generally might not be satisfied with the server's mode and features nor SA-MP. I will however give you an example of myself, which is the complete opposite of the other percentage of players who eventually quit SA-MP for good after some time or many years being around it. I have been part of SA-MP and different communities ever since early 2010 to this day. This game never bores me, if I have needed factors in servers, which one of them is clearly "alive" playerbase, I will likely play on daily basis like I did play in the past, here, and other communities where I have been a part of. And about your mode, I do like it as I am the type of player who likes the action, shooting and everything your server offers, however, players are not entertained because server might not offer anything worthy of staying active other than the "kill/arrest" mode which eventually bores players,

What likely would revive your community to a certain level are the new updates and changes, which I assume is no option to you because you've been running this mode for years, a decade or however long. Though I am not saying that you need to completely make different changes, but some updates and changes that might give players reasons to participate and work toward something that feels and is rewarding at the end of the day. More jobs, more events, more minigames, anything honestly. By more "events" I don't mean admin hosted events. I mean auto hosted events. This is just my opinion and that would genuinely have greater impact to "attract" older players willing to be legitimate members of the community again and newer generation SA-MP players than doing "global unban".

Of course, I am not claiming that you should not unban players. I take completely contrary approach. We are all human beings capable of making mistakes. I did many mistakes in the past as well. Not just in this community. I was banned for a very long time, which if you honestly ask me, was over the top exaggerated, and what I mean by that, is that players in general are capable to make a change to themselves and become worthy members of community again, not just here, but anywhere and life in general, and my ban duration was actually so long that players in most cases would lose the interest to actually try to come back and play. The only reason why I attempted to apply for unban again after four or however many years is because I wanted to play the mode that brought some nostalgia in the past when I played here many years ago, shooting, action and all that.

What I see wrongful are the ban durations. I completely agree that there are players who are heavy rulebreakers who commit severe damages. If there are players who constantly use cheats and get banned multiple times meaning they don't clearly learn to respect other members and be respectful to the rules, such players obviously shouldn't be welcome, at least not for a while before they might be worthy of giving an opportunity to see whether they're really reformed and ready to play.

I completely support the idea that cheaters and severe rulebreakers shouldn't be welcome if they constantly violate the rules, but, if they stay away from the community and don't commit ban evasions, and eventually look for an opportunity, should be given an opportunity because it only takes a click for admin to "return" them to permanent ban if they prove to not make a change to themselves.

What I'm saying is that some punishments are too severe and that every player deserves an opportunity, no matter of the violation, if they're found to be in position to be given an opportunity.

You might not have a hundred percent of those players staying and becoming healthy members of the community again but you will have some who will become valuable members, and that is the main goal here. Look at me. I was banned for years, I came back and I play normally, when I play, not as actively as I used to, but still, I am member now.

And those players who prove not to be reformed and changed to better, you can simply remove them again.

I hope that you understand what I'm saying here. Thank you very much for reading.

Thursday

Thursday

by Thursday » August 20, 2022, 7:15 am
neTwork wrote :
I am not really an active member on your community but I will give you my input on this topic.

Your "global unban", as you refer to it for unbanning everyone, will genuinely not solve the lack of playerbase.

It is 2022 and people generally might not be satisfied with the server's mode and features nor SA-MP. I will however give you an example of myself, which is the complete opposite of the other percentage of players who eventually quit SA-MP for good after some time or many years being around it. I have been part of SA-MP and different communities ever since early 2010 to this day. This game never bores me, if I have needed factors in servers, which one of them is clearly "alive" playerbase, I will likely play on daily basis like I did play in the past, here, and other communities where I have been a part of. And about your mode, I do like it as I am the type of player who likes the action, shooting and everything your server offers, however, players are not entertained because server might not offer anything worthy of staying active other than the "kill/arrest" mode which eventually bores players,

What likely would revive your community to a certain level are the new updates and changes, which I assume is no option to you because you've been running this mode for years, a decade or however long. Though I am not saying that you need to completely make different changes, but some updates and changes that might give players reasons to participate and work toward something that feels and is rewarding at the end of the day. More jobs, more events, more minigames, anything honestly. By more "events" I don't mean admin hosted events. I mean auto hosted events. This is just my opinion and that would genuinely have greater impact to "attract" older players willing to be legitimate members of the community again and newer generation SA-MP players than doing "global unban".

Of course, I am not claiming that you should not unban players. I take completely contrary approach. We are all human beings capable of making mistakes. I did many mistakes in the past as well. Not just in this community. I was banned for a very long time, which if you honestly ask me, was over the top exaggerated, and what I mean by that, is that players in general are capable to make a change to themselves and become worthy members of community again, not just here, but anywhere and life in general, and my ban duration was actually so long that players in most cases would lose the interest to actually try to come back and play. The only reason why I attempted to apply for unban again after four or however many years is because I wanted to play the mode that brought some nostalgia in the past when I played here many years ago, shooting, action and all that.

What I see wrongful are the ban durations. I completely agree that there are players who are heavy rulebreakers who commit severe damages. If there are players who constantly use cheats and get banned multiple times meaning they don't clearly learn to respect other members and be respectful to the rules, such players obviously shouldn't be welcome, at least not for a while before they might be worthy of giving an opportunity to see whether they're really reformed and ready to play.

I completely support the idea that cheaters and severe rulebreakers shouldn't be welcome if they constantly violate the rules, but, if they stay away from the community and don't commit ban evasions, and eventually look for an opportunity, should be given an opportunity because it only takes a click for admin to "return" them to permanent ban if they prove to not make a change to themselves.

What I'm saying is that some punishments are too severe and that every player deserves an opportunity, no matter of the violation, if they're found to be in position to be given an opportunity.

You might not have a hundred percent of those players staying and becoming healthy members of the community again but you will have some who will become valuable members, and that is the main goal here. Look at me. I was banned for years, I came back and I play normally, when I play, not as actively as I used to, but still, I am member now.

And those players who prove not to be reformed and changed to better, you can simply remove them again.

I hope that you understand what I'm saying here. Thank you very much for reading.

Tldr please
Retired Community Member of Ls-rcr

2013-2021

Fantastic

Fantastic
Senior Administrator
Duel Master Event Host

by Fantastic » September 5, 2022, 1:25 pm
Hello

Thank you to everyone who has shared their thoughts on this. The seniors are willing to reach a compromise on this matter which will be announced in the coming months. In the meantime, please bear with us and enjoy the game.

Best,
Seniors.
85 posts Page 9 of 9
Return to “Accepted”