FiniSheD

Marishal

by FiniSheD » September 23, 2022, 9:49 pm
Your name: Im_Finished
Suggestion headline: Add GPS in Las Venturas and San Fierro same Los Santos
Picture: Keep the picture in this
Spoiler: show

Importance of suggestion: 10/10
Why should it be accepted: Everyone will We deserve it and we will benefit from it a lot on an occasion such as Christmas and the egg event to search for places that we miss, how much easier the way is for us. I will agree with you when you say that cities are not as active as Los Santos, this is a simple thing and does not prevent the entire map being equipped with GPS and not only in Los Santos.
It really is a useful thing to use.

Faraon78910

Faraon
S.A. Army General
Event Host Supporter

by Faraon78910 » September 24, 2022, 7:16 am
I'm sure it would be never used, useless. -1

Game Administrator
Army General HTO & HEO
Vic's Gang Owner

Hiresh

Hiresh
Developer

by Hiresh » October 7, 2022, 8:58 pm
FiniSheD wrote :
Everyone will We deserve it and we will benefit from it a lot on an occasion such as Christmas and the egg event to search for places that we miss, how much easier the way is for us.

On these 'occasions' locations are announced by their actual location and not at which carshop it is?

Currently the /gps serves it purpose by showing players the locations of the blackmarket, carshops etc. It's mostly for newbies I would say. So do you want to add every location of SF & LV to /gps or..? And if so, this should just be your own map knowledge in my opinion. Especially for these occasions. After a while of playing GTA you would know most locations already. I don't know.. I feel like this isn't needed.

Rally3

[2F2F]jimmyfallon

by Rally3 » October 9, 2022, 7:01 pm
I think the idea of making location-based events more accessible for newbies would be good. However, I'd -1 for two reasons:

1. If you're a new player then, you can ask others to help you out. You get to meet new friends and also learn about the map and participate in the event.
2. Implementation-wise this isn't trivial. Have to find locations that are suitable for each neighborhood, and then add those either in db/code, logic for them/etc. I don't think that there are that many completely new players to warrant the time to add this feature in vs other ones that could benefit the entire player base.

There may be map mods that can describe sections to new players of the game. I haven't tried but something like it where the neighborhood names are included.

Wajeeh

WajeehiZONFIR333==]
Developer

by Wajeeh » October 14, 2022, 9:41 am
Rally3 wrote :
I think the idea of making location-based events more accessible for newbies would be good. However, I'd -1 for two reasons:

1. If you're a new player then, you can ask others to help you out. You get to meet new friends and also learn about the map and participate in the event.
2. Implementation-wise this isn't trivial. Have to find locations that are suitable for each neighborhood, and then add those either in db/code, logic for them/etc. I don't think that there are that many completely new players to warrant the time to add this feature in vs other ones that could benefit the entire player base.

There may be map mods that can describe sections to new players of the game. I haven't tried but something like it where the neighborhood names are included.

Map knowledge is always good to have if you want to make progress in game. Or you can install a map-mod which shows the names of all the areas in map, which Rally provided. I have also been using the map-mod in the past just for learning the names, it was really helpful.

I also feel like it will not be used as much, as others have stated in their replies. But we can add it in the to-do list for future improvements if more people want it to be implemented and are positive about this suggestion.

Weeb|Admin|Developer

Thursday

Thursday

by Thursday » October 14, 2022, 6:39 pm
I will go with negative, not really needed
Retired Community Member of Ls-rcr

2013-2021

Tenior

by Tenior » October 14, 2022, 6:44 pm
its negative
i agree with Rally3

e.e

e.e

by e.e » October 15, 2022, 11:15 am
Rally3 wrote :

got this one myself since years https://i.imgur.com/C0JUAF7.png and its honestly the best one you can get, easy to find players/locations (i think its even the same one)

i really don't think we need a gps in this game.

Mateej

Mateej
Donator

by Mateej » October 15, 2022, 6:53 pm
e.e wrote :
Rally3 wrote :

got this one myself since years https://i.imgur.com/C0JUAF7.png and its honestly the best one you can get, easy to find players/locations (i think its even the same one)

i really don't think we need a gps in this game.

FiniSheD

Marishal

by FiniSheD » October 15, 2022, 11:58 pm
I thought it was something simple and helpful for beginners. I didn't know it was that bad as you said, you can reject it whenever you want.
(-)
14 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Accepted”