Taxi drivers should get wanted by picking wanted [DENIED]

Rejected suggestions are moved in here.

Moderators: Suggestions helpers, Developers

5 posts Page 1 of 1

Rally3

[2F2F]jimmyfallon

Post by Rally3 » March 22, 2019, 2:31 pm
Your name: liszt
Suggestion headline: Taxi drivers should get the same "criminal" effect from picking up wanted players that civilians do
Picture: Keep the picture in this
Spoiler: show

Importance of suggestion: 5/10 (Shows how much it would mean to server/players)
Why should it be accepted:
Basically you as an innocent civilian are allowed to pick up players in your vehicle - however you'll slowly gain a wanted level based on how long you drive the criminal for, until you can become wanted yourself (orange).

As of right now, taxi drivers (whether onduty or offduty) can pick up criminals without getting wanted at all. Yes, the law enforcement/hitmen/etc can shoot the car and explode it as well as the criminal himself, but they cannot kill the driver (as he's innocent) and also, there is no sort of "punishment" for the driver for assisting a wanted criminal. I think it **should not** be an immediate wanted level, but work just like it does with civilians where it is a timer that takes the driver from being white->yellow->orange based on how long they drive the criminal for.

Also, needless to say that in any of the situations above where there is "cross class teamwork" (civilian driving cops/criminals or taxi driving cops/criminals or cop driving cops/criminals) the passengers should always be inside of the car and not carsurfing because if they are, then all the disadvantages listed above happen.

Milyn

Milyn
Donator

Post by Milyn » March 22, 2019, 2:44 pm
Taxi driver class is rarely used and when someone uses it either the taxi driver ends up getting his taxi stolen or some criminals would stand on roof of the taxi let the taxi driver class have some peace and let it not involve of getting wanted for carrying a criminal

Rally3

[2F2F]jimmyfallon

Post by Rally3 » March 22, 2019, 3:11 pm
Milyn wrote :
Taxi driver class is rarely used and when someone uses it either the taxi driver ends up getting his taxi stolen or some criminals would stand on roof of the taxi let the taxi driver class have some peace and let it not involve of getting wanted for carrying a criminal

Try to read the entire post before posting a reply....

The criminals cannot get on the roof - that would be abusing the dm system (the driver and the car itself wouldn't be damaged) (applies to when civilians drive criminals/law enforcement too).

It being rarely used is not an excuse for not fixing something related to it, actually I'd say is quite the opposite.

And yes, taxi drivers can get their vehicle stolen, it's cops and robbers after all. That allows for the taxi driver to later /hit the thief, encouraging hitman gameplay, which would then kill and get wanted and then encourage law enforcement gameplay, etc.

Indognito

Indognito

Post by Indognito » March 30, 2019, 12:04 am
I mean you even have the roleplayish aspect covered so I really cannot see how this wouldn’t make sense, I also agree that if a wanted level were to be added it shouldn’t be an immediate wanted level cause in roleplayish situations the driver might not know the passanger just robbed a gas station at gun point before hailing a cab etc. I will give a +1 since it’s an interesting enough suggestion but its not high on the priority list as of now.

Mastro

Mastro
Senior Administrator

Post by Mastro » June 19, 2019, 12:39 am
Even though it makes sense for taxi drivers to get wanted while picking up criminals, I am not quite sure about that.

Currently taxi driver class is pretty much useless, and will probably always be since that's a CnR server. I am not quite sure if much can be done about it unlike other classes like weapon and items dealer. Players constantly steal vehicles and try to get away as fast as possible, no one is ever willing to wait for someone to pick them up.

I believe the class is only being used in role-play situations which occur rarely lately.

Thid might be implemented in the future but for now it's low priority.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Rejected”