Donator

by Funderburk » January 14, 2023, 1:01 am
Your name: Jeremy
Suggestion headline: Removal or nerf of Dweap
Picture: :
Spoiler: show
:ugeek:

Importance of suggestion: 10/10
Why should it be accepted: The only active criminal playerbase exists only when cops are not online, or whenever the criminals are using pay to win options like Dweap, I can not spawn at my base and get guns anymore and I am negative thousands of dollars because whenever I die I lose all of my money and get billed from the hospital?(I died why am i getting billed for medical services). The only option I have to get into the game and get guns is to spawn cop, and it's not really fair that players can jump into the game with 5000 of any ammo for their guns with items and drugs.
Spoiler: show

Meow

by Meow » January 14, 2023, 1:27 am
How about all the donators who paid 10 DPS for it.. will they get a refund? if they do then sure go a head.

Karu_Tepes

Lost_Soul
Pagati Don
Supporter

by Karu_Tepes » January 14, 2023, 3:46 am
We literally pay IRL cash and aren't getting anything nearly OP. Free guns on spawn? I can go across the room and get guns, drugs, items, and more from Pagati. Black market items? It's very limited. Items? Again, not hard... the only real OP benefit is the fact I get auto /bc, and again, im BUYING this... remove /dweap, and what's to motivate me to donate? Colored text? No. And if no one donates, the server dies when Energ runs out of money. Nothing in it is OP enough to warrant removing it, it's the best way to get donations, and if you want what it offers... FUCKING BUY IT THEN! No one has ever stopped you from chipping in for the server funding, so toss Energ and CX a dime and get it yourself.

Awful suggestion, and completely selfish.

Abstract

Abstract
Senior Administrator

by Abstract » January 14, 2023, 8:21 am
Karu_Tepes wrote :
We literally pay IRL cash and aren't getting anything nearly OP. Free guns on spawn? I can go across the room and get guns, drugs, items, and more from Pagati. Black market items? It's very limited. Items? Again, not hard... the only real OP benefit is the fact I get auto /bc, and again, im BUYING this... remove /dweap, and what's to motivate me to donate? Colored text? No. And if no one donates, the server dies when Energ runs out of money. Nothing in it is OP enough to warrant removing it, it's the best way to get donations, and if you want what it offers... FUCKING BUY IT THEN! No one has ever stopped you from chipping in for the server funding, so toss Energ and CX a dime and get it yourself.

Funderburk has contributed his fair share to the community, no need for hostility.

We are open to any suggestions anyone has. While we may not be open on removing vip packet entirely, we are open to suggestions on how to rework it so that it's not completely overpowered.

Karu is right that a lot of people donate for the features of vip packet, so its only fair that they get some benefit from it.

What type of nerfs would you suggest? 5k ammo seems a bit much so it could possibly be reduced.

Karu_Tepes

Lost_Soul
Pagati Don
Supporter

by Karu_Tepes » January 14, 2023, 8:33 am
Abstract wrote :
Karu_Tepes wrote :

Funderburk has contributed his fair share to the community, no need for hostility.

We are open to any suggestions anyone has. While we may not be open on removing vip packet entirely, we are open to suggestions on how to rework it so that it's not completely overpowered.

Karu is right that a lot of people donate for the features of vip packet, so its only fair that they get some benefit from it.

What type of nerfs would you suggest? 5k ammo seems a bit much so it could possibly be reduced.

I wasn't being hostile, more of just shocked he thought it was a good idea. I apologize if it came across that way.

I wouldn't really bother with ammo, or the auto /bc, but maybe remove the 250 grams of drugs? That's a friggen lot, and with the new system I can heal from dear death about 50 times, and that's the most unfair part of it. Plus, spawn with a drug bag.

Faraon78910

Faraon
S.A. Army General
Event Host Supporter

by Faraon78910 » January 14, 2023, 8:57 am
yeah we pay irl money for it so its okay to keep this pay2win feature? we (group owners) also paid 12x more irl money for very similar pay2win features but they got removed anyway

remove all vip packets +1

Game Administrator
Army General HTO & HEO
Vic's Gang Owner

Karu_Tepes

Lost_Soul
Pagati Don
Supporter

by Karu_Tepes » January 14, 2023, 9:04 am
Faraon78910 wrote :
yeah we pay irl money for it so its okay to keep this pay2win feature? we (group owners) also paid 12x more irl money for very similar pay2win features but they got removed anyway

remove all vip packets +1

You paid for EVERYONE to get stuff, and it was used most of the time for TDM. I pay solely for me, and I can get guns, drugs, and so on for free/cheap if I just spend the time collecting it all after death. It's not hard, just time consuming. The only thing /dweap really does is get me my stuff instantly, nothing more. If you wanna 'remove all VIP' lets also...

Remove everything from DDOME
Remove Regular Players Club with its free drugs, items, and cars
Remove drugs, guns, and items from Black Market
and make everyone pay the same price for everything.

Oh, and let's make ARMY pay for guns, injections, and items are the same price as everyone else, since I'm guessing your racks still work the same.

You were also told you'd be reimbursed for your racks and such. Likely, that will be months upon months of free /dweap. Do you really want to get /dweap as a compensation, then have it removed so you ultimately get nothing? That'd be funny to watch, but I really wouldn't wish it even on you.

And let's not forget that again, without /dweap, our donations will plummet and the server will go bankrupt.

Nyut

Nyut
Game Administrator
Event Host

by Nyut » January 14, 2023, 9:21 am
Karu_Tepes wrote :
And let's not forget that again, without /dweap, our donations will plummet and the server will go bankrupt.

i don't think it'll go that badly lol. I do agree with Karu's points about all LEOs still got free weapons, but i believe that's for another suggestion topic.

To be honest, keeping the /dweap as it is, i kinda agree with funder. But instead of removing it, nerfing it sounds more plausible and acceptable. As it is, dweap currently is a little bit too OP, although i understand the appeal behind it, it is kinda unfair to the ones that aren't paying for dweap. Instead of making it overpowered, i suggest downgrading it a little bit, example going from 5k ammos to like 1k-2k ammos instead, etc. Point is, dweap will still keep its appeal of "donating to get more" without being too overpowered.

Rally3

[2F2F]jimmyfallon

by Rally3 » January 14, 2023, 4:20 pm
I was afraid the nomenclature of "donator", "DPs", "perks" could be misinterpreted by players, and it was/is. The donation is to help the server keep running, and the motivation to donate should be that alone. I agree with rewarding those that donate, but that can be done in non-gameplay, cosmetic ways (ranks on forum, messages in game thanking a current donator, sponsored admin events with donators' names, etc).

How it is interpreted now:
- donation ~ reimbursable paid feature rental
- donator ~ reimbursable paid feature renter

How it is/should be interpreted:
- donation ~ non-reimbursable expense to help the server keep running
- donator ~ someone that's donated 1+ times

OT: +1.
Last edited by Rally3 on January 14, 2023, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rally3

[2F2F]jimmyfallon

by Rally3 » January 14, 2023, 4:27 pm
Karu_Tepes wrote :
You paid for EVERYONE to get stuff, and it was used most of the time for TDM. I pay solely for me, and I can get guns, drugs, and so on for free/cheap if I just spend the time collecting it all after death. It's not hard, just time consuming.

I couldn't be making this up, though it was obviously something that was foreseeable. See: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=95121. Not to mention that you'd effectively be circumventing the point of the new feature of losing your in-hand money on death.

TLDR:
Rally3 wrote :
When you think of a suggestion with the aim of "being an alternative" or even worse, from the standpoint of "I'm lazy to do this so lets make a short monotonous way to do it - as a command for example", then you are effectively killing parts of our server gameplay little by little, or worse, by large amounts like groups do.
25 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Rejected”