Possible significant shock & taze changes [SURVEY ADDED]

Duplicates or suggestions on hold are moved into here.

Moderators: Suggestions helpers, Developers

65 posts Page 3 of 7

Diplomatic.

Diplo
Game Administrator

by Diplomatic. » May 20, 2019, 6:19 pm
I remember suggesting the exact same thing about the shock gun and the taser but I have no clue where it is gone.

Anyways, I'd surely go with Positive on this since it'll satisfy both sides and put an end for the whole complaints the Community is getting nowadays.

Spoiler: show
RockingJohnson wrote :

Ginger

Ginger
Donator

by Ginger » May 20, 2019, 6:22 pm
+1 from my side

ImageImage

signature

Mastro

Mastro
Senior Administrator
Supporter

by Mastro » May 20, 2019, 6:22 pm
Immortal wrote :
Cops will never use the tazer gun. It's very easy to straight cuff and arrest even now. Imagine if this gets implemented, the criminals won't stand a chance against LEOs. We all know that they don't stand a chance vs SWAT/Army now, with this addition, I believe they won't be able to stand a chance even against cops. However, I think that the introduction of the Black Market was a mistake. Also the 12 shock guns criminals get. Back in the days, the maximum amount of shock guns you can own was 3 (Salesman | 24/7) and there were no issues. I don't believe criminals were complaining either. If you compare criminals vs LEOs, the LEOs obviously have more advantages. There are two LEO factions with special perks, while a criminal faction doesn't exist.

Army can't taze criminals anymore, and criminals cannot taze Army members. They are forced to fight and that's purely about skill (yes they can cuff but it's not happening as often at all).

SWAT usually take down suspects easily because they most of the times outnumber criminals. SWAT are forced to team up, you usually see more than two teamming up, whilst criminals often solo. They also have a mechanic with them most of the times. Obviously they are going to win when more effort has been made by their side. Tazer gun re-charges more often than shock gun. In a 5v5 fight, for example, criminals usually have a slight advantage.

Whiskey

Whiskey
Retired Senior Administrator

by Whiskey » May 20, 2019, 6:23 pm
It's perfectly realistic & roleplayish for the tase & shock commands to be replaced with at actual weapon that has the same effect. It's adds realism to both sides as well as removes the shallowness of what is "bunny hoping & spamming commands" type of confrontations between criminals and LEOs. Keep in mind that with this system around, there no longer would be a guaranteed chance of getting tased or shocked, landing a shock or tase would truly come down to individual tactics, plays and certainly, skill.

About the worry of being instantly sent to Alcatraz as a result of a straight cuff, there's a number of ways this could be countered, one of them being that in order to cuff the suspect, they would have to be tased first (which is again, how the taser is used in real life and for that purpose as well). The roleplayish & logical reasoning behind this would be that you couldn't really cuff and arrest a suspect that is actively resisting (read: running, fleeing) so in order to apply the cuffs, you'd have to hit them with the taser. If you're not that good of an aim with it then well, take it as a sign that there's room for improvements.

Robin

Robin
Donator

by Robin » May 20, 2019, 6:25 pm
Whiskey wrote :
About the worry of being instantly sent to Alcatraz as a result of a straight cuff, there's a number of ways this could be countered, one of them being that in order to cuff the suspect, they would have to be tased first (which is again, how the taser is used in real life and for that purpose as well). The roleplayish & logical reasoning behind this would be that you couldn't really cuff an arrest that is actively resisting (read: running, fleeing) so in order to apply the cuffs, you'd have to hit them with the taser. If you're not that good of an aim with it then well, take it as a sign that there's room for improvements.

Or what about getting away from the cops instead of being in (the super close) cuff range? You'd almost guess we're getting CnR gameplay again that way.
Retired community player 2013-2020
★ Retired LSPD United Chief of Police ★
★ Retired S.A. Army General ★

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

All Former Positions and Titles
LSPD United Chief of Police & Founder
S.A. Army General, Commander-In-Chief
& High Command & Head Event Officer

Lsrcr Website & Server Developer
La Famiglia Assassini Pagati Underboss

LS-RCR Radio Manager & DJ
LS-RCR Newspaper Head Editor
SAPT Advisor & Driving Instructor
Blackouts Advisor
Saints Training Officer & Rookie
Absynth's Crew Assassin
Comrades Worker
And much more...

Immortal

Immortal
Senior Administrator

by Immortal » May 20, 2019, 6:29 pm
Mastro wrote :

Army can't taze criminals anymore, and criminals cannot taze Army members. They are forced to fight and that's purely skill (yes they can cuff but it's not happening as often at all).
Nah, I don't think so. Kill them once or twice, they'd come to you with a Rhino which even a minigun can't destroy - you're all blown up (solo/10 suspects - it doesn't matter, you will always lose as a criminal).

SWAT usually take down suspects easily because they most of the times outnumbers criminals. SWAT are forced to team up, you usually see more than two teamming up, whilst criminals often solo. They also have a mechanic with them the most of the times too. Obviously they are going to win when more effort has been made by their side. Tazer gun re-charges more often than shock gun. In a 5v5 fight, for example, criminals usually have a slight advantage.
The only issue here is what Luka mentioned I guess.

Immortal

Immortal
Senior Administrator

by Immortal » May 20, 2019, 6:33 pm
Whiskey wrote :
About the worry of being instantly sent to Alcatraz as a result of a straight cuff, there's a number of ways this could be countered, one of them being that in order to cuff the suspect, they would have to be tased first (which is again, how the taser is used in real life and for that purpose as well). The roleplayish & logical reasoning behind this would be that you couldn't really cuff and arrest a suspect that is actively resisting (read: running, fleeing) so in order to apply the cuffs, you'd have to hit them with the taser. If you're not that good of an aim with it then well, take it as a sign that there's room for improvements.

I don't really know. If you get tazed first (you're frozen (can't turn left/right/up/down etc) *unless CX does some magic*), there's no way to shock back with the actual shock gun (even if you're not frozen lol), you'll get cuffed very easily, people even copy-paste the /cuff command. I still think the criminals won't stand a chance.

Mastro

Mastro
Senior Administrator
Supporter

by Mastro » May 20, 2019, 6:34 pm
Many of you mention how it will be easier for LEOs to direct cuff someone, which is partially true, however we could always counter this.

We could possibly make it so LEOs ought to taze before cuffing someone which definitely makes sense. You can't really apply cuffs to someone who is resisting/running, but when they are immobilized.

The reason why we suggest this is because we are trying to focus on a CnR gameplay. Currently all we encounter is shock vs taze fights/spam, and players with little to no skill (because they are new to the game) manage to take down experienced players without much effort.

Grand

Grand
Event Host
Duel Master Event Host Supporter

by Grand » May 20, 2019, 6:35 pm
+1, i was playing today as a cop and there were 4-5 criminals who were cophunting they shocked me more than 12 times and what i got to do is tazing one of them just 3 times, it kinda gives nonskilled players advantages than cops so it will be fair if we modified it, hope we can solve this issue as possible as we can!

Negative, i find the current system is kinda better
Last edited by Grand on May 20, 2019, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Demon.

Demon

by Demon. » May 20, 2019, 6:39 pm
Can’t you just make it to the way it was? Max 3 shocks for criminals the cops would also have 3 tazes before the cooldown. Lemme explain

So whoever tazes or shocks first he’ll activate the cooldown/run out of shocks

If the cop tazes first, the criminal would have the last shock, ex:

Cop tazes Crim
Crim shocks Cop
Cop tazes Crim
Crim shocks Cop
Cop tazes Crim
Crim gets the last shock or vice versa.

12 shocks is like waaaay too op and this has been suggested countless of times I think, but idk seems a bit too much aiming with ur tazer n shit, neutral anyway
65 posts Page 3 of 7
Return to “Database”