Possible significant shock & taze changes [SURVEY ADDED]

Duplicates or suggestions on hold are moved into here.

Moderators: Suggestions helpers, Developers

65 posts Page 4 of 7

Crazymix

CrazyMix
Retired Administrator

by Crazymix » May 20, 2019, 6:41 pm
Negative from my side
This will affect us players who are bad at aiming. Although its something roleplayish but what about those guys who are bad at aiming? they'll surely be caught or killed. The current tazer and shock system is fine, just atleast remove the once so we called TAZE RECHARGE. Its annoying in a 3v1 fight in where you are only able to taze 2-3 times while shock is unlimited. Or allow us LEO's to type a command while being shocked just like the days before. And also if possible bring those days back before in where cops can do taze alot of times(but can be reported though) and criminals can only use their shocks 6 times.

Mastro

Mastro
Senior Administrator
Supporter

by Mastro » May 20, 2019, 6:47 pm
Ghetto wrote :
Negative from my side
This will affect us players who are bad at aiming. Although its something roleplayish but what about those guys who are bad at aiming? they'll surely be caught or killed. The current tazer and shock system is fine, just atleast remove the once so we called TAZE RECHARGE. Its annoying in a 3v1 fight in where you are only able to taze 2-3 times while shock is unlimited. Or allow us LEO's to type a command while being shocked just like the days before. And also if possible bring those days back before in where cops can do taze alot of times(but can be reported though) and criminals can only use their shocks 6 times.

But that's the point, don't you think? You should be good at the game in order to do something sucessfully, obviously others will have an advantage if they are better at it. It's all about practice. It's the same with two sawn-off users for example. The one who is better at using it wins.

Indognito

Indognito

by Indognito » May 20, 2019, 6:55 pm
The one I like is the shock/taze gun being an actual gun instead of a command with 100% accuracy (Lsrcr policeofficer’s old suggestion) i feel that it would be a better outcome for the whole situation (ofc depending on how it’s implemented) because now players can’t just command spam and they have to utilize tactics instead of relying on a simple command to carry them through the situation however the drawback is the community these days is so reliant on easy tactics that it will most likely cause them to complain constantly but that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be implemented because this will indefinitely better the gameplay in regards to spasific situation where it was next to impossible to exercise. I will try to read and understand more when I have the time and possibly vote on the rest but I just wanted to put this out there.

Crazymix

CrazyMix
Retired Administrator

by Crazymix » May 20, 2019, 7:06 pm
Mastro wrote :
Ghetto wrote :
Negative from my side

But that's the point, don't you think? You should be good at the game in order to do something sucessfully, obviously others will have an advantage if they are better at it. It's all about practice. It's the same with two sawn-off users for example. The one who is better at using it wins.

I got your point.
Just atleast allow us to have unlimited tazers and being able to type a command while being shocked. Anyway I'm Negative with this idea. In my own perspective, the current system is just fine, just allow us to type a command while being shocked and have unlimited tazers. That would be all.
Last edited by Crazymix on May 20, 2019, 7:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Whiskey

Whiskey
Retired Senior Administrator

by Whiskey » May 20, 2019, 7:06 pm
I also don't see tasing/shocking trough walls/objects using commands to be even remotely realistic. It's complete sorcery to be running on one side of the wall and all of a sudden get shocked by the wanted running on the other side of the same concrete wall while the two can't even physically see each other.

The gameplay choices would have to be more thought out, luring LEOs into narrow ally ways & stairs in order to have a more comfortable position to use the shock gun and so on. Skillfully using cover to avoid the taser or shock shots would become a thing. Running/fleeing would have to be more tactical and mindful instead of the current, rather dull style. And by the end of the day, whoever has the better aim and upper hand in mind games and maneuvering around the environment is likely to come out on top. Individual plays, as I said previously, would start to matter even more.

Would it be harder? Most definitely but not everything is supposed to be easy. These generations seem to be wanting everything the easy way, little to no effort to get themselves trough as long as they don't really have to work or put effort into it. Making something more challenging can add more depth & fun to the place, contrary to popular belief.

Nikola

Nikola

by Nikola » May 20, 2019, 7:50 pm

First up this will be very impractiical due to lag, and it doesn't solve the issue of 5 criminals shocking one or two LEOs, and killing them in seconds.

Wouldn't a better alternative be to revert it as it was before?

These suggestions and nerfing only leads to more future suggestions and nerfing. Take a look at last two years, so many nerfs were introduced, and members have never been more unhappy.

To be honest, this game used to be pretty cool and fun before when we were at equal field regarding /sh and /taze.

My personal suggestion is to make both shock gun and taze gun equal in terms of recharging and how many time you can use it, just like before. With the exception of criminals having a free shock gun, or LEOs having to purchase it, like criminals do in shops.

Shiny

Shiny

by Shiny » May 20, 2019, 8:02 pm
Current state of the taze/shock is good and doesn't need to be amended. Some players say that criminals have big advantages over Leos in usage of shock but if you review it from both sides, you'd realize they're equal, how?

Leos have rechargeable taser after 3 uses & limited cuffs, criminals have rechargeable shocks 4 uses and sometimes other blackmarket's stuff (note that not everyone has access to blackmarket as it's restricted for 1500 score players). Imagine a solo cop against bunch of wanteds and vice versa, it happens ordinarily, you cannot always find the amount of leos/criminals equivalents in the server. Adding the taser gun won't help that much, it will eventually end up with combat.

Sowhat

Sowhat
Retired Senior Administrator

by Sowhat » May 20, 2019, 8:06 pm
A nice game-play concept but I don't think it will work out here.
There are plenty of scenarios and ways that will ruin the whole idea of implementing this, starting by Ping and FPS. Some players will surely have advantage over others, way superior advantage depending on these two, a person can have a super smooth game-play that will let him aim more preciously and success while other can be very much lagging that it will be hard to catch in this intense combat - We are talking about few seconds that determines if you will taze or be killed by 4shot sawnoff - which I doubt it will be fair in most of time.

Assuming the first reason is ignored or the player base has to live with it, some cops might just go kamikaze riding bikes, reach out the criminal, gets off and just shots at the criminal very easy in order to cuff afterwards.

The concept of cop having to taze first in order to be able to cuff won't work out at all as the taze period is just 1 second or less than 2, you'll need to aim; taze; cuff in these two seconds to manage to do it. If we increase taze period then the second reason I mentioned will be a lot worse. Assuming that we allow it some how that cop can cuff criminal after being tazed once without the need of having the criminal being tazed (in other words, giving cop 10 seconds to cuff the criminal after he taze him), will still lead us to the second reason I mentioned that the cop would just taze, run in loops to cuff the criminal.

Another theory is that the cophunting will start using silencers to shock, 4 players using silencer while one using sawnoff to just kill cops one by one, knowing that silencer can have infinite ammo.

Assuming that we some how make it impossible to own more than 50 bullets of silenced 9mm, then these 50 bullets will be enough to encounter the cops in the cophunting and refill afterwards.

Assuming all of what I said didn't make any sense then the following might do:
How would cops manage to hunt down criminal to taze with silencer 9mm knowing that the cops needs to stand still in order to hit while the success hit is not very high - knowing that it would be super stupid to increase width of the taze because by then you won't land a successful hit on the person you want to target - thus making the cop gets killed very easily by sawnoff.

Assuming the criminal running on foot, same as the cop, how would the cop manage to catch the suspect knowing that he has to aim with the silenced 9mm which will force him to lose a lot of distance while aiming?

Using of a weapons such as 9mm silenced will promote C-bug to cancel animations to have superior advantage in shock/taze.

Changing the taze/shock to another weapon than 9mm silenced will still give same result and it would be insane to add a running-stun weapon.

Still didn't finish, have more to write but gotta go
Have a drink, get buzzed, chill and enjoy.

Mastro

Mastro
Senior Administrator
Supporter

by Mastro » May 20, 2019, 10:19 pm
Sowhat wrote :
A nice game-play concept but I don't think it will work out here.
There are plenty of scenarios and ways that will ruin the whole idea of implementing this, starting by Ping and FPS. Some players will surely have advantage over others, way superior advantage depending on these two, a person can have a super smooth game-play that will let him aim more preciously and success while other can be very much lagging that it will be hard to catch in this intense combat - We are talking about few seconds that determines if you will taze or be killed by 4shot sawnoff - which I doubt it will be fair in most of time.

FPs is an issue in every single scenario no matter what, dueling, chasing and what not. Sometimes you are bad at dueling due to low FPs, for example. Same with ping difference. Often you have a hard time hitting someone due to this. You are sometimes unable to cuff someone properly due to the high ping difference. Or taze them, shock them. That's inevitable and it affects our/their gameplay in every single aspect already.

Sowhat wrote :
Assuming the first reason is ignored or the player base has to live with it, some cops might just go kamikaze riding bikes, reach out the criminal, gets off and just shots at the criminal very easy in order to cuff afterwards.

That way it will be harder for them to do so. Nowadays they can just press F, instantly type taze/cuff and the player is in jail before they realise. Sometimes they don't even taze, or it takes less than a second to arrest one. Isn't that significantly easier and non-realistic?

Sowhat wrote :
The concept of cop having to taze first in order to be able to cuff won't work out at all as the taze period is just 1 second or less than 2, you'll need to aim; taze; cuff in these two seconds to manage to do it. If we increase taze period then the second reason I mentioned will be a lot worse. Assuming that we allow it some how that cop can cuff criminal after being tazed once without the need of having the criminal being tazed (in other words, giving cop 10 seconds to cuff the criminal after he taze him), will still lead us to the second reason I mentioned that the cop would just taze, run in loops to cuff the criminal.

This is definitely possible. Once they aim at the criminal they have to run to them and cuff them . Criminal is unable to move for 1-2 seconds. It takes less than that to reach them.

Sowhat wrote :
Another theory is that the cophunting will start using silencers to shock, 4 players using silencer while one using sawnoff to just kill cops one by one, knowing that silencer can have infinite ammo.

I mean, isn't that what's happening nowadays? Criminals (or cops) shocking the same cop again and again (shock/taze spam) while the other is 4-shooting? Also they will not have unlimited ammo, 3 'bullets' or so, then recharging.

Sowhat"Assuming that we some how make it impossible to own more than 50 bullets of silenced 9mm, then these 50 bullets will be enough to encounter the cops in the cophunting and refill afterwards.[/quote]
^

[quote="Sowhat wrote :
Assuming all of what I said didn't make any sense then the following might do:
How would cops manage to hunt down criminal to taze with silencer 9mm knowing that the cops needs to stand still in order to hit while the success hit is not very high - knowing that it would be super stupid to increase width of the taze because by then you won't land a successful hit on the person you want to target - thus making the cop gets killed very easily by sawnoff. Assuming the criminal running on foot, same as the cop, how would the cop manage to catch the suspect knowing that he has to aim with the silenced 9mm which will force him to lose a lot of distance while aiming?

You don't need to stand still to use the 9mm. Moreover, they ought to go pretty close then immediately aim at them. Taze range could also be increased by a bit (or other minor tweaks) since they will have to slow down for a few milliseconds and aim. That requires skill aswell - till this day they can execute the command while jumping. Zero skill required.

Sowhat wrote :
Using of a weapons such as 9mm silenced will promote C-bug to cancel animations to have superior advantage in shock/taze.

You can't really cbug with 9mm, you can however with the silenced 9mm which is not needed to be added.

Sowhat wrote :
Changing the taze/shock to another weapon than 9mm silenced will still give same result and it would be insane to add a running-stun weapon.

Why? Currently you can taze/shock whilst running/jumping, what's the difference here? You also cannot run with 9mm, but jog only. It's actually easier now.

The main issue here is how easy it is to use those commands without necessarily being skilled enough. There are new players to the game that can easily face very experienced players since all they have to do is type a command (which they can also keybind and pre-type making it easier). You can taze/shock players through the wall. Cuff them through the wall. You can press F from a car and arrest a criminal within 1 second while they are in the middle of entering-a-car animation. So many things to mention. This shouldn't be easy.

We should focus more on a CnR gameplay. Yes it is going to be harder, more challenging. It will be more about actual skill. Players will have to use tactics, try to better their aim and whatnot.

I can assure you if it was the other way around and we were thinking of switching from guns to commands in order to taze/cuff then we would all start talking about so many disadvantages, being extremely against it. We shouldn't be afraid of possible changes.

Rally3

[2F2F]jimmyfallon

by Rally3 » May 20, 2019, 10:26 pm
My first draft reply is done.

Due to character/size constraints, you'll have to see the file hosted elsewhere/download it to your machine and see it there.

You'll note that there's only a small number of people addressed while there was a large number of replies to this thread - take that as a sign that only 10% of the replies have actually contributed anything to the discussion (even with that I'm being generous, some of the points I had to address shouldn't even have been made in the first place...)

Anyways, here's the link:
https://pastebin.com/yX48yccM

I suggest you download the text and look at it in a window of at least 140 characters width, so that it makes reading it easier.
65 posts Page 4 of 7
Return to “Database”