Possible significant shock & taze changes [SURVEY ADDED]

Duplicates or suggestions on hold are moved into here.

Moderators: Suggestions helpers, Developers

65 posts Page 5 of 7

ackman

Ackman
Donator
Duel Master

by ackman » May 20, 2019, 11:23 pm
Juicy wrote :
This will cause catastrophical gameplay issues. Y'all should nerf the shock gun cause its super op.

Well Juicy, you're wrong here. This system is being used by every second CnR game mode server, if you don't mind and got free time then I'd avise you to have an overall experience as a cop from different servers. You'll find this suggested system most common so I don't think this will be a problem here.

I'm going Positive with the suggestion as I've tested this system earlier in some other servers and it is fun. It requires skills to use it and it wouldn't be spammed by unskilled players like it has always used to be, these days there's an easy way to kill a cop if he/she is coming to arrest you. All you gotta do prepare /sh id > 4 shot > /sh id again > 4 shot again > Killed. This requires no skills and thus this system needs to be updated.

It would bring fun & challenge among both the sides only if it gets added with balanced range.

About me:

Hello, I am Ackman and I am from Pakistan. I'm a part time Epic Gamer. Coming to the Criminal Career I'd like to mention that I am the founder of Blackouts group. It was founded on 19th of April, in 2017. Other than that, I am the leader of DreamTeam group. Coming to the LEO Career, I am currently serving the Army faction as a Major [MAJ].

Current memberships:

• Blackouts
  • DreamTeam
  • Akatsuki
  • NCS
  • Saints
  • VLA
  • Durcrew
  • Beta Tester
  • [Lsrcr] tag.

Activity Status:

• In-game: 6/10
  • TeamSpeak: 1/10
  • Discord: 9/10 (ackman #7476)
  • Forums: 5/10

OldSchool:

Spoiler: show
ImageImage ImageImage[/center]

[spoiler]Image

Ducati.

Ducati

by Ducati. » May 21, 2019, 1:50 am
Juicy wrote :
Ducati. wrote :
Juicy wrote :
Y'all should nerf the shock gun cause its super op.

Cops have to arrest criminals.
Criminals have to kill Swat
Cop
Army

Don't you think shock should be a little buff than tazer.

Being able to taze 2 times vs being able to shock 6 times in a row is a whole different story. The range on the shock gun is ridiculous too.

Are you perfectly fine?
You didn't put effort what I wrote. You just pull out the same lines which you write everywhere.
Criminals have to fight against cops swat and army that means 3 factions.
If still we are not getting a little more advantage then how will criminal survive.

If you still can't understand what I am trying to say I can't help it. You have to move on and stop crying over the taze/shock thing.
You should realise the fact that why criminals have shock guns, taze ref, cuff kit etc.

Stop thinking from 1 perspective. Widen your thinking and maybe it will help you to understand what I wrote.
I am same!

e.e

e.e

by e.e » May 21, 2019, 1:59 am
Honestly, I like this idea, but I think it just won't work in the lsrcr system. It's a rp server, sure - but after all not a hardcore rp server. They would need to remove 2 shot as well then/sniper cbug and all this stuff, since it's way too op for criminals to kill someone while the cop is trying to taze the person (especially if the tazer needs to recharge). This will just change the current system (better aimer vs faster typer)

Dunno, I'd also like to play in a system where this server goes hardcore rp (no car surfing, no 2 shot, no cbug and all this stuff), but then again, it wouldn't be lsrcr and this server is known for what it is today.

Milyn

Milyn
Donator

by Milyn » May 21, 2019, 11:47 am
My vote will be a Negative
The idea is too complex
Reasons:
-The game must not be purely skill based not everyone is skilled.
-When it comes to newbies as leos or criminals it takes more time for them to get to know about this game ,the complexity of this idea may result in player leaving this game in his first attempt in joining the server because you need to aim at the criminal jump and cuff and ths criminals need to aim at leos failure in aiming results in criminal getting cuffed him which is too annoying a disadvantage for straight cuffers too.
-Imagine a swat team of 5 members would be coming after you anyways you would be getting taze spammed but in return the criminal cant do anything as he has to save himself from going to jail by the time you aim those swats your dragged already.
-When it comes to leos either they save their life or die on spot there isnt much loss in leo classes but when in case of criminals they have to spend their time in jail.
-People often chose to duel in this idea the leo/criminal has to aim first which will waste some amount of their time and then u need to switch in order to kill you're opponent at this point of time the player has to decide either he is going to shock/taze or straight kill if any mistakes done he is dead you need to completely depend on your decisions when it comes to 1 vs 2 case( 1 is the criminal).
-if in case this idea is added then freezing while you're cuffed by swats also need to be removed as a cuffed player should be able to move while you're cuffed i dont get the logic behind this.

ackman

Ackman
Donator
Duel Master

by ackman » May 21, 2019, 2:04 pm
Demon. wrote :
Can’t you just make it to the way it was? Max 3 shocks for criminals the cops would also have 3 tazes before the cooldown. Lemme explain

So whoever tazes or shocks first he’ll activate the cooldown/run out of shocks

If the cop tazes first, the criminal would have the last shock, ex:

Cop tazes Crim
Crim shocks Cop
Cop tazes Crim
Crim shocks Cop
Cop tazes Crim
Crim gets the last shock or vice versa.

12 shocks is like waaaay too op and this has been suggested countless of times I think, but idk seems a bit too much aiming with ur tazer n shit, neutral anyway

or this ^

About me:

Hello, I am Ackman and I am from Pakistan. I'm a part time Epic Gamer. Coming to the Criminal Career I'd like to mention that I am the founder of Blackouts group. It was founded on 19th of April, in 2017. Other than that, I am the leader of DreamTeam group. Coming to the LEO Career, I am currently serving the Army faction as a Major [MAJ].

Current memberships:

• Blackouts
  • DreamTeam
  • Akatsuki
  • NCS
  • Saints
  • VLA
  • Durcrew
  • Beta Tester
  • [Lsrcr] tag.

Activity Status:

• In-game: 6/10
  • TeamSpeak: 1/10
  • Discord: 9/10 (ackman #7476)
  • Forums: 5/10

OldSchool:

Spoiler: show
ImageImage ImageImage[/center]

[spoiler]Image

Sowhat

Sowhat
Retired Senior Administrator

by Sowhat » May 21, 2019, 2:24 pm
Mastro wrote :
Sowhat wrote :
A nice game-play concept but I don't think it will work out here.
There are plenty of scenarios and ways that will ruin the whole idea of implementing this, starting by Ping and FPS. Some players will surely have advantage over others, way superior advantage depending on these two, a person can have a super smooth game-play that will let him aim more preciously and success while other can be very much lagging that it will be hard to catch in this intense combat - We are talking about few seconds that determines if you will taze or be killed by 4shot sawnoff - which I doubt it will be fair in most of time.

FPs is an issue in every single scenario no matter what, dueling, chasing and what not. Sometimes you are bad at dueling due to low FPs, for example. Same with ping difference. Often you have a hard time hitting someone due to this. You are sometimes unable to cuff someone properly due to the high ping difference. Or taze them, shock them. That's inevitable and it affects our/their gameplay in every single aspect already.

We can't deny it is issue in every single scenario but it differs on how much would it effect, with the actual gun added it will bring much more trouble.

Mastro wrote :
Sowhat wrote :
Assuming the first reason is ignored or the player base has to live with it, some cops might just go kamikaze riding bikes, reach out the criminal, gets off and just shots at the criminal very easy in order to cuff afterwards.

That way it will be harder for them to do so. Nowadays they can just press F, instantly type taze/cuff and the player is in jail before they realise. Sometimes they don't even taze, or it takes less than a second to arrest one. Isn't that significantly easier and non-realistic?

Sowhat wrote :
The concept of cop having to taze first in order to be able to cuff won't work out at all as the taze period is just 1 second or less than 2, you'll need to aim; taze; cuff in these two seconds to manage to do it. If we increase taze period then the second reason I mentioned will be a lot worse. Assuming that we allow it some how that cop can cuff criminal after being tazed once without the need of having the criminal being tazed (in other words, giving cop 10 seconds to cuff the criminal after he taze him), will still lead us to the second reason I mentioned that the cop would just taze, run in loops to cuff the criminal.

This is definitely possible. Once they aim at the criminal they have to run to them and cuff them . Criminal is unable to move for 1-2 seconds. It takes less than that to reach them.

But it is still not enough to reach out the suspect before getting killed or having the period of needing to taze before cuff ends.

Mastro wrote :
Sowhat wrote :
Another theory is that the cophunting will start using silencers to shock, 4 players using silencer while one using sawnoff to just kill cops one by one, knowing that silencer can have infinite ammo.

I mean, isn't that what's happening nowadays? Criminals (or cops) shocking the same cop again and again (shock/taze spam) while the other is 4-shooting? Also they will not have unlimited ammo, 3 'bullets' or so, then recharging.

So you're assuming that the player will have only 3 bullets to use? do you know how the 9mm actually work? Also, you're asking the developers to regenerate the ammo each time a bullet used? I can toggle ammo cheat to get advantage and it won't be easy to detect it if used properly in such situations. You're missing a lot of loopholes.

Mastro wrote :
Sowhat wrote :
Assuming that we some how make it impossible to own more than 50 bullets of silenced 9mm, then these 50 bullets will be enough to encounter the cops in the cophunting and refill afterwards.

^

You still missing a lot of scenarios where this won't work out at all

Mastro wrote :
Sowhat wrote :
Assuming all of what I said didn't make any sense then the following might do:
How would cops manage to hunt down criminal to taze with silencer 9mm knowing that the cops needs to stand still in order to hit while the success hit is not very high - knowing that it would be super stupid to increase width of the taze because by then you won't land a successful hit on the person you want to target - thus making the cop gets killed very easily by sawnoff. Assuming the criminal running on foot, same as the cop, how would the cop manage to catch the suspect knowing that he has to aim with the silenced 9mm which will force him to lose a lot of distance while aiming?

You don't need to stand still to use the 9mm. Moreover, they ought to go pretty close then immediately aim at them. Taze range could also be increased by a bit (or other minor tweaks) since they will have to slow down for a few milliseconds and aim. That requires skill aswell - till this day they can execute the command while jumping. Zero skill required.

A zero kill you're mentioning is used since day one Lsrcr hosted.

Mastro wrote :
Sowhat wrote :
Using of a weapons such as 9mm silenced will promote C-bug to cancel animations to have superior advantage in shock/taze.

You can't really cbug with 9mm, you can however with the silenced 9mm which is not needed to be added.

Still not enough

Mastro wrote :
Sowhat wrote :
Changing the taze/shock to another weapon than 9mm silenced will still give same result and it would be insane to add a running-stun weapon.

Why? Currently you can taze/shock whilst running/jumping, what's the difference here? You also cannot run with 9mm, but jog only. It's actually easier now.

You cannot run with 9mm? you mean while shooting? you've mentioned it will only have 3 bullets then I doubt someone would waste his bullets doing such things

Mastro wrote :
The main issue here is how easy it is to use those commands without necessarily being skilled enough. There are new players to the game that can easily face very experienced players since all they have to do is type a command (which they can also keybind and pre-type making it easier). You can taze/shock players through the wall. Cuff them through the wall. You can press F from a car and arrest a criminal within 1 second while they are in the middle of entering-a-car animation. So many things to mention. This shouldn't be easy.

We should focus more on a CnR gameplay. Yes it is going to be harder, more challenging. It will be more about actual skill. Players will have to use tactics, try to better their aim and whatnot.

I can assure you if it was the other way around and we were thinking of switching from guns to commands in order to taze/cuff then we would all start talking about so many disadvantages, being extremely against it. We shouldn't be afraid of possible changes.

Changing the concept of the game-play due other mistakes we did is not acceptable, instead of jumping to a very sensitive subject which is taze/shock, you can change the concept of how people gets jailed, what they do in jail, give them opportunity to get out from jail easier, multiple the amount of jailcards, implement activities to do in jail that you can gain score/money. Plenty of stuff you can do to advertise the CnR gameplay but you ignored them and focused on this little part which would ruin everything.

However, e.e posted a nice reply
e.e wrote :
Honestly, I like this idea, but I think it just won't work in the lsrcr system. It's a rp server, sure - but after all not a hardcore rp server. They would need to remove 2 shot as well then/sniper cbug and all this stuff, since it's way too op for criminals to kill someone while the cop is trying to taze the person (especially if the tazer needs to recharge). This will just change the current system (better aimer vs faster typer)

Dunno, I'd also like to play in a system where this server goes hardcore rp (no car surfing, no 2 shot, no cbug and all this stuff), but then again, it wouldn't be lsrcr and this server is known for what it is today.

As he mentioned, you'll need to remove sawnoff itself, no c-bug and no freaking car surf, no more insta /arrest, a lot more stuff will need to be adjusted to make it fair.

A reply from developers to know if this would actually be scripted would be appreciated, the idea of having 3 9mm bullets which will be regenerated and have cooldown to use the actual weapon.
Have a drink, get buzzed, chill and enjoy.

Kawish

Kawish
Donator

by Kawish » May 21, 2019, 3:34 pm
Current system is good the way it is.
Just make the recharge time equal and one change i wanna talk about is
Criminal should be able to buy 3 shocks from Item shops and 6 shocks from Black Market, 12 is a lot don't you guys think?
Or it can be like 4 shocks from item shops & 8 from Black Market (I would suggest to add this if recharge time gonna be same)

SWAT Sergeant First Class

Rally3

[2F2F]jimmyfallon

by Rally3 » May 21, 2019, 3:58 pm
Most of these replies (including some of server staff) embarrass me of even spending my time writing a proper reply to this.

You're incompetent to the point where you can't think/reason at all; all you do is rush posts and replies while being completely incoherent. YOU ARE NOT MANDATED TO REPLY IMMEDIATELY - take your time, gather your thoughts properly, AND THEN WRITE A RESPONSE.

Your shitty run-on sentences, non-thought out commentary/ideas, and just overall inability to express yourselves make reading this thread an experience worse than the Holocaust.

Faraon78910

Faraon
S.A. Army General
Event Host Supporter

by Faraon78910 » May 21, 2019, 4:00 pm
Horrible idea
But this could be really good if you disable all fast skins and make auto kick for players with 150+ ping (it's already hard to hit laggers that use fast skin by sawnoff now imagine using 9mm to taze/shock them)

Game Administrator
Army General HTO & HEO
Vic's Gang Owner

BoSS

BoSS
Donator

by BoSS » May 21, 2019, 10:57 pm
Mastro wrote :
Many of you mention how it will be easier for LEOs to direct cuff someone, which is partially true, however we could always counter this.

We could possibly make it so LEOs ought to taze before cuffing someone which definitely makes sense. You can't really apply cuffs to someone who is resisting/running, but when they are immobilized.

The reason why we suggest this is because we are trying to focus on a CnR gameplay. Currently all we encounter is shock vs taze fights/spam, and players with little to no skill (because they are new to the game) manage to take down experienced players without much effort.

No no no. Lsrcr was never a serious role-playing server so I don't agree with the taze and then cuff. Honestly all of these new additions to the server literally caused a problem for everyone. Like many have said above just revert back to 3 taze and 3 shocks rule. Shocks can be stacked till 9 I guess but it means you will have to be cautious.
65 posts Page 5 of 7
Return to “Database”