Possible significant shock & taze changes [SURVEY ADDED]

Duplicates or suggestions on hold are moved into here.

Moderators: Suggestions helpers, Developers

65 posts Page 6 of 7

Nyut

Nyut
Game Administrator
Event Host

by Nyut » May 22, 2019, 2:16 am
Rally3 wrote :
Most of these replies (including some of server staff) embarrass me of even spending my time writing a proper reply to this.

You're incompetent to the point where you can't think/reason at all; all you do is rush posts and replies while being completely incoherent. YOU ARE NOT MANDATED TO REPLY IMMEDIATELY - take your time, gather your thoughts properly, AND THEN WRITE A RESPONSE.

Your shitty run-on sentences, non-thought out commentary/ideas, and just overall inability to express yourselves make reading this thread an experience worse than the Holocaust.

Basically what Rally said, the replies are clusterfucks.

On a serious note, i like the idea of shooting taze/shocks as a replacement for commands, honestly the best idea so far on the suggestion forum so far. I do think it is a pretty good idea, i'm going to go with a positive.

However, after reading a bit of the arguments provided both by the negative and positive votes, arguments stated by those who thinks that this is a semi-roleplay server / it took skills to do that, i do think it poses a bit of a problem. As of now i have no argumentation because some of the arguments is basically true. In short, i like the idea, it is a brilliant idea, but i do think adjustments were to made if the developers decided to implement this.

I don't have any further idea just yet, and as a friendly reminder, keep it under control. We don't pick sides here, as we, the whole community, all wants a balanced gameplay. Do not think from one side, consider the others before you reply.

Mastro

Mastro
Senior Administrator
Supporter

by Mastro » May 22, 2019, 10:16 am
Most of the community members disagree with this, therefore it will most likely not get implemented, for now.

I have personally seen this myself in other servers and it worked just fine. Yes, some changes would have to be made to make it fit more since currently our server is not so CnR based. That's our goal anyway, to focus more on the gamemode.

Lag was mentioned a lot of times, but it already affects everything and everyone on the server. Even with commands. The reason why we brought this up is because we believe it would he a great change and skilled players would possibly stand out, unlike now (check threads talking about newbies being able to take down experienced players etc which is true).

I will probably do a survery since taser/shock guns are already out of the picture currently so we can come to a conclusion and see what most community members want.

If you have more suggestions feel free to reply below.

Santiago

Santiago
Donator

by Santiago » May 22, 2019, 11:53 am
People are afraid of change. There should be at least a testing period and see how it turns out

killdahobo99 wrote :
Santiago wrote :
fuck u

listen here u fucking mexican little turd. I will molest you in the mouth while your dog watches and then I'll fuck your dog while you watch.

Mastro

Mastro
Senior Administrator
Supporter

by Mastro » May 22, 2019, 12:22 pm
Alright so, I have done a short survey.

SURVEY: https://forms.gle/a4hmFLoausz9BSK77

The questions asked are mostly ideas from different community members. We would like everyone to vote and take part if possible.

Thanks!

Nyut

Nyut
Game Administrator
Event Host

by Nyut » May 22, 2019, 1:06 pm
Here's an idea, give me your opinion about this; No baseless comments, i will disregard it if it is.

First, changes to the Shocks and Taze. Currently, criminals can have up to 12 shocks, spam able, and the LEOs have Unlimited taze, but with recharges every 3 tazes to prevent spam. In my opinion, changes could be made to:

1. Shocks; put only 3 charges of shocks in shops (24/7) and limit the shocks to 6 or 9 charges, the rest of the charges can be bought via Blackmarket. Also, implement recharges for 1 shock (3 charges), so the system will be the same as the LEOs and could avoid spamming.
2. Taze; Taze should not be unlimited. Taze should be refilled/recharged at the PD or weapons checkpoint for LEOs, and the charges should be around the same as the Shocks i explained above (1 taze = 3 charges, LEOs can have up to 6 or 9 charges). Basically the same system as Shocks. And maybe, you can refill at the nearest Ammu-Nation for a refill/recharge of your tazer.

Second, I have filled the submission that Mastro gave, and i saw a form which says something about a percentage of misses in shocking / tazing. This is a pretty good idea since it could be the first step of changes that is not too drastic and could be acceptable in the community as of now. Add around 10%-20% chances of missing your taze / shock shots, so that it adds an RP ish feeling to it and could be more challenging to arrest / kill someone.

That's my suggestion for now, if you guys have any opinions or want to add something, be my guest.

Mr.Nightmare

Knight
Donator

by Mr.Nightmare » May 22, 2019, 1:16 pm
A huge no since you said it yourself, tazing and shocking will be super hard now especially when you miss your target but why not nerf the shock gun a bit for example
If a player is being shocked a cooldown kicks in and he can't be shocked continiously, this will nerf criminals mostly since they tend to go out in packs an d spam shock a single target however by adding this we will give that target a way to escape or even get an arrest before he dies.

Mason

Mason
Donator

by Mason » May 22, 2019, 1:44 pm
Cuff range is already too short. It should be reverted. Impossible to cuff without tazing, forcing me to use taze...

Best would be to either revert to old shock taze cuff system with exact ranges and rules

OR

Remove taze and shock entirely. And make the cuff range slightly greater.

and if theres added a 9mm silenced tazer, which I think is a bad idea (lame mechanics) at least give it a yellow tint?
ER

Mastro

Mastro
Senior Administrator
Supporter

by Mastro » May 22, 2019, 4:14 pm
Mason wrote :
Cuff range is already too short. It should be reverted. Impossible to cuff without tazing, forcing me to use taze...

Best would be to either revert to old shock taze cuff system with exact ranges and rules

OR

Remove taze and shock entirely. And make the cuff range slightly greater.

and if theres added a 9mm silenced tazer, which I think is a bad idea (lame mechanics) at least give it a yellow tint?

I believe the cuff range is fine currently. I remember back in the days it was so easy for me and other cops to arrest someone, the range was ridiculously long.

Removing the taze and shock wouldn't be the best idea either. I believe for now making shock and taze recharge times equal would be a good step, and perhaps other tweaks I mentioned in that survey. The recharge times is the biggest issue from what I can see.

Adding a 9mm taser/shock gun is what was initially suggested by some of us, but I believe it would be a huge step for the community as some mentioned, and they are right. We would also have to make other changes aswell. This can happen eventually, we will see.

Overdose

Overdose

by Overdose » May 22, 2019, 8:14 pm
Mastro wrote :
Immortal wrote :
The second you try to aim at the cop, you'd actually realize you're in Alcatraz

That's a good arguement but cuff range has already been shortened by a lot and we could also make it even shorter in case this gets implemented, or maybe something else that won't make cuffing someone so easy. Currently it's more of a shock vs taze spam which looks terrible.

We don't have to necessarily remove the command, this was just an idea. We could possibly make other not so significant changes/tweaks.

Some exaples:

- Adding a shock reflector similar to taze one
- Make recharge times equal
- Cooldowns on tazing/shocking

-Firstly, swat cuff range should be fixed(reduced)
-The only good thing about this suggestion if it gets implemented is it might discourage players to taze/shock as often as they used to.
We have to see how this will get implemented (Cuff range / the taze/shock) we cannot imagine how this will affect the gameplay
In my opinion it should be like this :
-Limit max shocks to 10 as they are buyable (a criminal has to be wise using his shocks) (Max 6 from 24/7 and 10 from BM)
-Limit max tazes to 4 on 1 suspect since cops can Cuff /Ar
-a Cop/Swat can only use MAX 4 tazes on 1 suspect (i mean Leos can have unlimited tazes but they can use only 4 Max Tazes on 1 suspect) with a 10 second recharge time on 1 suspect
-a 10s recharge time after using 4 tazes/shocks on one Target

Mastro

Mastro
Senior Administrator
Supporter

by Mastro » May 22, 2019, 9:12 pm
I have added one more option for those who want to talk/suggest something that is not on the list. Please try to make it as short as possible and readable enough:

https://forms.gle/a4hmFLoausz9BSK77

65 posts Page 6 of 7
Return to “Database”