Regarding SWAT Shock Bomb

Duplicates or suggestions on hold are moved into here.

Moderators: Suggestions helpers, Developers

29 posts Page 2 of 3

Mr.DollarMan

Mrs.RupeeWoman

by Mr.DollarMan » April 18, 2019, 1:09 pm
If 0 criminal:
- Do not detonate bomb, inform SWAT
If 2 criminal:
- No eject.
- No auto-turning off of the engine.
- No shock disable.
If more than 2 criminals:
- Normal effects, Taze time = (0,5*targets)

I have edited what you quoted. What do you think about this?

Signature Credit: King_Mahathir.

CXdur

CXdur
Server Co-owner

by CXdur » April 18, 2019, 1:12 pm
Mr.DollarMan wrote :
If 0 criminal:
- Do not detonate bomb, inform SWAT
If 2 criminal:
- No eject.
- No auto-turning off of the engine.
- No shock disable.
If more than 2 criminals:
- Normal effects, Taze time = (0,5*targets)

I have edited what you quoted. What do you think about this?

This is overkill. From my impression, people really do not see the SWAT shock bomb to be as big as an issue as it was in the past. The issue in the past was its instant kill effect and how you could quickly take down cophunting teams. The suggestions back then also got far more replies. A lot of the people who had an issue with the old shock bomb are far happier with the new one from my understanding (I asked a bit around last night). I don't really want to overnerf it because SWAT will still have to drag you all the way to LSPD or any checkpoint. It's not like your chance is gone when you are cuffed. If SWAT was able to arrest, the situation would obviously be very different.
signature

BeaTen.

BeatEn

by BeaTen. » April 18, 2019, 1:15 pm
Spoiler: show
CXdur wrote :
Mr.DollarMan wrote :
BeaTen. wrote :
Mountain bike has tires which are not popped even after shooting it. Mountain bike is soooo heavily armoured that even after a missile from the rhino tank, it doesn't get broken. I agree to remove the auto ejection if mountain bikes are completely removed from the server.

We all know that it doesn't breaks after getting shot by the canon of a tank but we also know that the player riding it gets damage and most of the times gets killed if the shot is fired on the rider of the mountain bike.
It will be useless to use a Mountain bike against a swat members who has SSB if it doesn't gets nerfed. This concludes that there will be no vehicle which can be used against the swat members who has ssb in order to run away from them or give them a tough time.
To catch a mountain bike rider isn't really difficult and it shouldn't be for a swat member. If you can't catch the rider, you can still kill him.
The problem is that you guys want to drag every criminal, you don't want to see some criminals escaping with the help of mountain bike. What if you can't drag the rider, at least you can kill him.

Alright, enough discussion about removing auto-eject completely, it can be changed however. The auto-eject won't be removed because mountain bikes and such themself are controversial. There have been suggestions to remove them in the past etc, or make them damageable. Mountain bikes and such are pretty overpowered themselves seeing as they can't be destroyed, so I don't believe this to be an inappopriate counter.

With my suggestion, if you read my post, there would be no auto eject for people who drive around mountain bikes alone. If there are two or more however, on a mountain bike, I think the shock bomb having auto eject is far more than appropriate.

I agree with what CX said and I agree with the nerfs he has stated. Its not easy to kill someone on mountain bike, you can jump and swat sultan can not jump. Even if we have a team, the shots in samp are not registered sometimes (sniper shots) which makes it easier for the driver to escape. SWAT members are not gods that they should be able to take down a mountain bike rider, its not an easy job to do that. If you can do that you should be proud of yourselves but dont expect everyone to do the same.
XXOOOOXXOXXXXXOXXXXOXXXXOOOOOOO
XOXXXXOXOXXXXXOXXXOXOXXXXXXOXXXX
XOXXXXXXXOXOXOXXXOXXXOXXXXXOXXXX
XXOOOOXXXOXOXOXXOOOOOOXXXXOXXXX
XXXXXXOXXOOXOOXXOXXXXXOXXXXOXXXX
XOXXXXOXXOXXXOXXOXXXXXOXXXXOXXXX
XXOOOOXXXOXXXOXXOXXXXXOXXXXOXXXX

(Credits: TheDragon.)
Currently under custody of PETA for disrespecting a very important living being. I hope I recover soon. Wish me luck. In order to improve my attitude (towards humans as well as cats), I have taken a brave step to pet cats. I am owner of 2 cats now and will sue anyone who tries to harm my cat in anyway (verbally and physically).

Mr.DollarMan

Mrs.RupeeWoman

by Mr.DollarMan » April 18, 2019, 1:17 pm
CXdur wrote :
Mountain bikes and such are pretty overpowered themselves seeing as they can't be destroyed, so I don't believe this to be an inappopriate counter.

Do you only see the advantages of the mountain bike? Don't you know that it's slow?
Two swat members teaming(having ssb) vs 2 criminals on a mountain bike. They get close to the mountain bike and plant the ssb, the driver gets ejected and the teaming member gets freezed. They taze, cuff and search them and can take both of the criminals easily.
Nerf the Mountain bike as well. Give it a specific HP. But also increase it's speed.

Mr.DollarMan

Mrs.RupeeWoman

by Mr.DollarMan » April 18, 2019, 1:21 pm
CXdur wrote :
This is overkill. From my impression, people really do not see the SWAT shock bomb to be as big as an issue as it was in the past. The issue in the past was its instant kill effect and how you could quickly take down cophunting teams

I will be okay if the old swat bomb gets back. With everything same about it. No alternations should be made. Don't change tge range or anything else and bring it back. I will be fine with it.

CXdur

CXdur
Server Co-owner

by CXdur » April 18, 2019, 1:25 pm
Mr.DollarMan wrote :
CXdur wrote :
Mountain bikes and such are pretty overpowered themselves seeing as they can't be destroyed, so I don't believe this to be an inappopriate counter.

Do you only see the advantages of the mountain bike? Don't you know that it's slow?
Two swat members teaming(having ssb) vs 2 criminals on a mountain bike. They get close to the mountain bike and plant the ssb, the driver gets ejected and the teaming member gets freezed. They taze, cuff and search them and can take both of the criminals easily.
Nerf the Mountain bike as well. Give it a specific HP. But also increase it's speed.

No, but the mountain bike can also jump and if you are good at riding a mountain bike, it's extremely hard to be followed in areas the mountain bike rider knows well. There are tons of stunts and unreachable places you can not reach with vehicles, and those are easily accessible all over San Andreas.

Mr.DollarMan wrote :
CXdur wrote :
This is overkill. From my impression, people really do not see the SWAT shock bomb to be as big as an issue as it was in the past. The issue in the past was its instant kill effect and how you could quickly take down cophunting teams

I will be okay if the old swat bomb gets back. With everything same about it. No alternations should be made. Don't change tge range or anything else and bring it back. I will be fine with it.

The old SWAT bomb will obviously not be added back because the community had major problems with it. Far more issues than they have with the current SWAT bomb. You will be okay, but the majority of the community would not be.
signature

BeaTen.

BeatEn

by BeaTen. » April 18, 2019, 1:30 pm
I'm pretty sure most of the members would be ok if the old bomb is added since it used to kill you but the new bomb makes you goto jail. But that wouldn't last long, 2 months after you add the old bomb (assuming you do), they will start another topic regarding it being overpowered, which is exactly what is happening right now....
XXOOOOXXOXXXXXOXXXXOXXXXOOOOOOO
XOXXXXOXOXXXXXOXXXOXOXXXXXXOXXXX
XOXXXXXXXOXOXOXXXOXXXOXXXXXOXXXX
XXOOOOXXXOXOXOXXOOOOOOXXXXOXXXX
XXXXXXOXXOOXOOXXOXXXXXOXXXXOXXXX
XOXXXXOXXOXXXOXXOXXXXXOXXXXOXXXX
XXOOOOXXXOXXXOXXOXXXXXOXXXXOXXXX

(Credits: TheDragon.)
Currently under custody of PETA for disrespecting a very important living being. I hope I recover soon. Wish me luck. In order to improve my attitude (towards humans as well as cats), I have taken a brave step to pet cats. I am owner of 2 cats now and will sue anyone who tries to harm my cat in anyway (verbally and physically).

Mr.DollarMan

Mrs.RupeeWoman

by Mr.DollarMan » April 18, 2019, 1:30 pm
CXdur wrote :
No, but the mountain bike can also jump and if you are good at riding a mountain bike, it's extremely hard to be followed in areas the mountain bike rider knows well. There are tons of stunts and unreachable places you can not reach with vehicles, and those are easily accessible all over San Andreas.

In order to catch a mountain bike rider, swat members can also use mountain bike and they have been using them in the past to catch the criminals. Those unreachable places can be reached by swat members as well. You just have to use a Mountain bike against a Mountain bike.

Mr.DollarMan

Mrs.RupeeWoman

by Mr.DollarMan » April 18, 2019, 1:32 pm
BeaTen. wrote :
I'm pretty sure most of the members would be ok if the old bomb is added since it used to kill you but the new bomb makes you goto jail. But that wouldn't last long, 2 months after you add the old bomb (assuming you do), they will start another topic regarding it being overpowered, which is exactly what is happening right now....

Don't worry, I will not complain about it ever if the old swat bomb gets added. Also you are right. Getting killed is better than getting jailed.

Hilda

Hilda
Retired Administrator

by Hilda » April 18, 2019, 1:52 pm
- What is the over-powered part about the SSB?

Large time of shock, should be slightly less.

- Which perk of the SSB should be completely removed?

None as it is already complicated to use in a team of 3 or less members.

- Which perk of the SSB should be nerfed?

The time of shock after blowing up alongside the disarm effect, people within the range of the bomb should be shocked for slightly less time and be able to shoot from the shocked vehicle even if it wont move. (Vortex users may be happy)

- Which perk of the SSB should be boosted?

Probably make it stronger or weak depending on how many players are affected by the bomb/how many members are online.

In my opinion, SWAT bomb is fine but could use some tweaks.

It is hard to use the bomb in a sense, particularly for teams of 3 or less members online, the deployer still has the animation of placing the bomb even of its blown right away, hence we lose about 2 seconds to take chase on suspects, another thing is even if bomb is deployed, you cannot expect 3 members to take cuffs or take down a team of around 6 players, add the fact that they can /pc and /bc right away when the shock effect is done.

You cannot expect for 1, 2 or 3 members online to be able to catch (cuff/kill, please note that I said cuff only, not even drag and drive to checkpoints) 5, 6, 7 or plus criminals just with a single bomb.

People can appraise us for being good, they can hate on us saying we suck and we need a team to win, either way, nothing can change the fact it is still quite hard for some of us (community, criminal teams/leo teams) to keep up against big groups of criminals without dying over and over just to give chase and take down 1 by 1, we have experience and abilities, but in most situations the majority of us have no idea of how to take care of a vehicle full of mechanics.
29 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “Database”