Check if username exist - Resuggest (EXPLAINED).

Old Suggestions

Moderator: Developers

7 posts Page 1 of 1

Autodesk

Autodesk

by Autodesk » January 11, 2016, 2:19 pm
Your name: Autodesk
Suggestion headline:
[Lsrcr]11PM wrote :
Your name: [Lsrcr]11PM
Suggestion headline: Wouldnt it be nice to check if we can use/register a specific username before we go in game? Make it be a search bar with a button next to it, or whatever you want..
Picture: N/A
Why should we accept this: I believe there are people who change username(s) quite often (whatever the reason is), so, let's just make a "username checker" (if 'checker' is even a word :lol: ). This way, they/we do not have to go in game and try to register an account (and re-enter the game for another try). So ya, simple as it is, username check/validation would be nice.
By the way, i dont see how this could be abused, it's just a shortcut to the information everybody has access to.

Picture: NONE
Why would we accept this: It would be good if we had this, also add on the search result if the certain username is available/ban or what. Just like usernames: Admin, Staff, King they're not available and some user says its banned but it doesn't appear in the https://www.ls-rcr.com/user/NAME and if it doesnt appear, the user will have to try the username in-game but end up "BANNED" like the user "king".

ImageImage

Robin

Robin
Donator

by Robin » January 11, 2016, 2:27 pm
Maybe Tamer whould add a forbidden name system, the SA-MP Forum has tons of these systems.
Retired community player 2013-2020
★ Retired LSPD United Chief of Police ★
★ Retired S.A. Army General ★

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Spoiler: show
All Former Positions and Titles
LSPD United Chief of Police & Founder
S.A. Army General, Commander-In-Chief
& High Command & Head Event Officer

Lsrcr Website & Server Developer
La Famiglia Assassini Pagati Underboss

LS-RCR Radio Manager & DJ
LS-RCR Newspaper Head Editor
SAPT Advisor & Driving Instructor
Blackouts Advisor
Saints Training Officer & Rookie
Absynth's Crew Assassin
Comrades Worker
And much more...

Kissane

Kissane

by Kissane » January 11, 2016, 4:03 pm
I just really don't understand what the use for it is? Why do you need another way of checking usernames when you can use the profile URL?
Regards,
[Lsrcr]Kissane
Ls-rcr Website Administrator

Zoroark

Zoroark
Retired Administrator

by Zoroark » January 11, 2016, 5:09 pm
Kissane wrote :
I just really don't understand what the use for it is? Why do you need another way of checking usernames when you can use the profile URL?

Because my URL is broken it says "account does not exist" and suggests "are you looking for [Lsrcr]Realize?"

But I would suggest a search bar to look for player profiles because of this issue. Though I don't know if that'd even help.

I know this is a bit off topic but yeah.

Kissane

Kissane

by Kissane » January 11, 2016, 5:52 pm
Zoroark wrote :
Kissane wrote :

Because my URL is broken it says "account does not exist" and suggests "are you looking for [Lsrcr]Realize?"

But I would suggest a search bar to look for player profiles because of this issue. Though I don't know if that'd even help.

It works though, if an account exists it shows you, if it doesn't it doesn't show you.
Regards,
[Lsrcr]Kissane

Autodesk

Autodesk

by Autodesk » January 11, 2016, 6:05 pm
Kissane wrote :
Zoroark wrote :
Kissane wrote :

It works though, if an account exists it shows you, if it doesn't it doesn't show you.

Try https://www.ls-rcr.com/user/King - doesn't exist. But when you try it in-game. It is banned.

ImageImage

Kissane

Kissane

by Kissane » January 11, 2016, 6:18 pm
There is no user in the database called King
Regards,
[Lsrcr]Kissane
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Archive”