Programmer vs designer - Introduction.

3 posts Page 1 of 1

Its_shamnad

Its_Shamnad

by Its_shamnad » January 15, 2017, 6:21 am
Designers and programmers work together in the creation of websites and video games. Accordingly, the designer and the programmer often have duties that cross over into each others territories. Not surprisingly there are sometimes discrepancies when it comes to who does what, as the programmer incorporates the vision of the designer and the designer creates products that are controlled by computer languages.

Designers

Designers are the visionaries. They imagine and create everything that the viewer will see or interact with. If you've played a video game before and became confused by the story from an error in the video game, you can attribute that to bad design. When developing ideas, designers write detailed descriptions of all of the production's parts, which may include flow of material, core themes, interactivity and characters. During production, designers work with programmers and artists to oversee the implementation of their designs, and may even indulge use scripting languages to see how their ideas play out.

Programmers

Programmers live underneath the visuals that the designer has dreamed up. Programmers deal with lines of code integral in communication concepts in a language computers can understand. The computer languages used by programmers differ by field, with C++ being the standard for most video games. Programmers build the ideas of the designers from the ground floor, writing lines of code in computer programs that best achieve the designer's goals.
♫LS-RCR Radio DJ - Member♫|La Famiglia Assassini Pagati - Caporgime

Spoiler: show

Yuvi

Yuvi
Donator

by Yuvi » January 15, 2017, 10:46 am
I saw this topic around the forum already. What the point posting it again?
Anyway, who said always should be a programmer an d a designer, you can be both and work alone. But team work is always better and faster.

Its_shamnad

Its_Shamnad

by Its_shamnad » January 15, 2017, 11:47 am
Yuvi wrote :
I saw this topic around the forum already. What the point posting it again?

There are only two topics in this section before I post this one. So I just decided to post something related to programming. That's why I'm copied it to here.

Yuvi wrote :
Anyway, who said always should be a programmer an d a designer, you can be both and work alone. But team work is always better and faster.

Read the 1st paragraph.
♫LS-RCR Radio DJ - Member♫|La Famiglia Assassini Pagati - Caporgime

Spoiler: show

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Programming”