About the updates

The place to have serious & thoughtful discussions on subjects that are important in the grand scheme of things.
41 posts Page 1 of 5

*Sunday*

Sunday
Donator

by *Sunday* » March 7, 2023, 2:16 am
I believe the updates won't produce the desired outcome. I'm afraid they'll actually have the opposite effect. Before I dive into my critique I want to praise the new server administration for really working hard to keep the server alive. We might not agree on the ways you've chosen to do that, but you have my respect for your tireless efforts.

I could go on about how the house removal could have been handled better, how to improve the server economy but that's not really that important so I'll get straight to the main point - TDM. I sincerely believe TDM is one of the things that kept the server alive and unique for so long.

We have all played the actual game for a while, some longer some shorter. But we've all stayed for so long because of the people, not really the game. So socialization is the key to keep the server alive and TDM was one of the pillars of meeting and bonding with new people and in that regard it's irreplacable.

Some may say that a new player would just quit if he got killed by a full sultan in 2 seconds. But I'd argue the opposite, in my experience most newbs actually get excited and their interest spikes when encountered by such a situation. They're curious what that team is all about, some challenge themselves to beat the team, some attempt to join... you get the point.

You could also argue semantics and say that we're not a TDM server, but let's be real here, LSRCR is many things, not just roleplay and CNR. We've flourished through variety of gameplay, which gave every player a CHOICE to pick what interests them the most. Cracking down on one type of gameplay just because it's not in the name is quite frankly shortsighted. I'd say let's not limit ourselves to our name. In fact, we sholud embrace what we really are, and let our name reflect and follow it - not the other way around.

My constructive proposal would be to adapt the server in a way that people can play different gameplays. If you want to avoid TDM interferring with CNR, that's fine. In that case it might be advantageous to make a separate TDM mode, perhaps a gangwar mechanic (honestly I think a majority of us found that mechanic very fun in singleplayer). The separate mode could work by picking a specific skin (e.g. Ballas and Grove) and you'd engage in TDM versus other players who pick those skins which activate that mode for you. To other players, you'd be just civilians/wanted players and standard anti-DM rules/mechanics would apply. That's one way to satisfy both and the added bonus is that it would actually provide quite a good foundation for gang roleplay (perhaps a good replacement for the void that was left by removing some of the groups).

In conclusion, I'm very glad that the server staff is working hard, I wouldn't shy away from even calling it the best staff attitude we've ever seen. I have focused here on the updates I disagree with, but I think it's also important to mention that I agree with the other updates so it's overall a positive opinion from me. I just didn't go on about those updates to keep this relatively short; criticism is more important than praise after all :)

I hope that my feedback was helpful, I wish you the best of luck keeping Lsrcr alive.
| S.A. Army Master Sergeant | Former S.W.A.T. Commander | Former Pagati Consigliere |

Funderburk

me_omarr
Donator

by Funderburk » March 7, 2023, 2:34 am
Spoiler: show

Karu_Tepes

Lost_Soul
Pagati Don
Supporter

by Karu_Tepes » March 7, 2023, 3:34 am
I kind of hate to admit it, because I've been trying hard to enjoy V10's CNR but... I think you're right. I appreciate that staff worked so hard, they really tried their best. But ultimately, the CNR updates failed on two fronts:

1: There wasn't enough to actually enforce CNR, and the cops became WAY overpowered, and the 'lose all cash on death' thing backfired horrifically because cops would just gun you down and laugh about how all your work was gone. This lead to multiple 'fixes' but... it really still isn't working fully well.

2: There was so much focus on eliminating TDM that it pissed off people by removing so many loved features. Don't get me wrong, I HATE 2-shotting, it's a fucking cheap, shitty way to play. And the server somehow prioritized it to the point you absolutely had to learn how to 2-shot, or you wouldn't survive. Even official factions like SWAT/Army required 2-shotting skills. As much as it sucked, it had become a part of the server, and removing it ripped a core pillar of stability out of the community. Personally, I would have made 2-shotting harder, mostly by making the sawnoff harder to get and more expensive, but that's only my opinion.

So, that begs the question: what can be done to fix the server, without reverting everything? I mean, I have ideas, and I'll list them, but I am not staff, dev, or anything like that. These are just my personal ideas.

1: Bring back 2-shotting, but make the sawnoff hard to get. Blackmarket, ddome, and weapon dealers only, and make it expensive in blackmarket and dealers, we're talking 30 shells for $500.

2: Car surfing wasn't an issue, it was the activities people were doing with it that was an issue. Removing it didn't stop cop hunting, it only changed how it is done.

3: The official factions need serious updates. SWAT should be, at it's core, an arrest based heavy threat to criminals. It's literally Special Weapons And Tactics, but they only have a few tactics. Where are spike strips, car disablers (not the bomb), stun darts (as in make the country rifle like a tazer with a longer duration), and so on. Army, who focus on killing, have WAY! TOO MANY! RULES! The entire point of the army is to blow the criminals out of existence (insert immature giggle here). There's so many rhino/hydra rules and such... remove them. You wanna discourage cophunting, make it so army can see 4+ people in a sultan and have them able to grab a hydra and paint them across the pavement with rockets! That'll shut down a cophunt very quickly. But as far as Pagati, I think it should be more cross focused, with members RPing when they want, but also being the counter to SWAT/Army, and having most tasks to do, make it the legitimate criminal faction.

4: There needs to be more community focus. Planned events like fairs, carnivals, and so on, with prizes to encourage play. Christmas and Halloween bring us huge jumps in activity, so we'd get more players if we had more events. Doesn't need to be big treasure hunts. Could be sunday races where players bet on their favorite racer, racers put it all on the line, make it a big event. Have some holidays were you have fun minigames set up, prizes from a few dollars up to a rare car or something.

5: we need to ADVERTISE. There is a video on youtube with a very nice first act. I'll link it below. But if we copied that first act (criminals vs cops) and showed off some of the popular/better players and had a voice over like "In Ls-rcr, it's a constant war between the criminals who want to rob the city blind, and the police who's duty is to stop them at all cost". Then, we need to plaster it EVERYWHERE we can. We need to get it tending. We need to create interest.

6: I would like to see the tag become a community reward, not a special club. Instead of score and playtime then apply, just have it be after a certain playtime you get the tag to show "hey, I've been here a while. I'm a known part of this community. Join me and become family"

7: harder rule enforcement on players with long playtime and long histories. I don't need to put a name, because everyone reading this has someone in there head right as they are seeing this. And no matter who you jumped to, it's likely they have been warned time and time and time again. Thing is, I'm not talking about bans. Bans don't mean shit and can be evaded. We need to get medieval on their asses. instead of warning after warning, delete their score. Empty their bank. Remove them from the ability to be part of a group for a while. "Oh you wanna deathmatch by ramming people for no reason over and over after being told not to? Well I just deleted all the cars in your dealership and emptied your bank. Have fun buying them again." That's a punishment that'll make people consider their actions.

Now like I said, I am absolutely nobody to staff. If anything, I'm a massive pain in their ass and they have a collective groan anytime I speak. I haven't made suggestions on the above topics because I don't think they'd really get approved. I think it would be a waste of everyone's time to legitimately suggest them. I only put them here because I want to show my take, but I really have zero faith any will be considered.

ackman

Ackman
Donator
Duel Master

by ackman » March 7, 2023, 9:45 am
Couldn't be more accurate..

About me:

Hello, I am Ackman and I am from Pakistan. I'm a part time Epic Gamer. Coming to the Criminal Career I'd like to mention that I am the founder of Blackouts group. It was founded on 19th of April, in 2017. Other than that, I am the leader of DreamTeam group. Coming to the LEO Career, I am currently serving the Army faction as a Major [MAJ].

Current memberships:

• Blackouts
  • DreamTeam
  • Akatsuki
  • NCS
  • Saints
  • VLA
  • Durcrew
  • Beta Tester
  • [Lsrcr] tag.

Activity Status:

• In-game: 6/10
  • TeamSpeak: 1/10
  • Discord: 9/10 (ackman #7476)
  • Forums: 5/10

OldSchool:

ImageImage ImageImage[/center]

[spoiler]Image

Vic

Vic
Donator

by Vic » March 7, 2023, 10:13 am
We work hard, we play hard

Astrl

Astrl
Senior Administrator
Supporter

by Astrl » March 7, 2023, 12:36 pm
Hi Sunday thanks for writing this topic out how you have, this is actually the sort of feedback we wanted to hear and the reasons behind why you do/do not like an update or feature. Instead whenever we have tried to have reasonable discussions via Discord or on the forums we are met with "REVERT V10" or bullshit comments like that that are not helpful. Moaning and complaining about the updates is fine to an extent, I appreciate some people might not like the direction we're headed but when we as a staff team try to approach discussions we are often met with these unhelpful comments that take away good discussions like this.

If people can form feedback like yourself, Karu and others have, I can assure you that we will be starting to put these suggestions to the staff team to vote on them. We're trying to take community feedback as well to form decisions but we need to look at how we can collate feedback easily.

Karu - in response to the [Lsrcr] tag specifically, this was already put to a vote within the staff team to bring back tags for admins. Unfortunately this was denied as we received 20 negatives and 6 positive votes.

In response to sawn-off 2-shot returning, I have put this to a vote within the staff team that is now live. I won't say much more on this just yet, as discussions are ongoing.

Karu_Tepes wrote :
Now like I said, I am absolutely nobody to staff. If anything, I'm a massive pain in their ass and they have a collective groan anytime I speak. I haven't made suggestions on the above topics because I don't think they'd really get approved. I think it would be a waste of everyone's time to legitimately suggest them. I only put them here because I want to show my take, but I really have zero faith any will be considered.

Thanks for the laugh on this bit ;)
Senior Administrator | Server Developer | Army Sergeant Major | Head Supporter

Funderburk

me_omarr
Donator

by Funderburk » March 8, 2023, 1:45 am
Astrl wrote :
Hi Sunday thanks for writing this topic out how you have, this is actually the sort of feedback we wanted to hear and the reasons behind why you do/do not like an update or feature. Instead whenever we have tried to have reasonable discussions via Discord or on the forums we are met with "REVERT V10" or bullshit comments like that that are not helpful. Moaning and complaining about the updates is fine to an extent, I appreciate some people might not like the direction we're headed but when we as a staff team try to approach discussions we are often met with these unhelpful comments that take away good discussions like this.

If people can form feedback like yourself, Karu and others have, I can assure you that we will be starting to put these suggestions to the staff team to vote on them. We're trying to take community feedback as well to form decisions but we need to look at how we can collate feedback easily.

Karu - in response to the [Lsrcr] tag specifically, this was already put to a vote within the staff team to bring back tags for admins. Unfortunately this was denied as we received 20 negatives and 6 positive votes.

In response to sawn-off 2-shot returning, I have put this to a vote within the staff team that is now live. I won't say much more on this just yet, as discussions are ongoing.

Karu_Tepes wrote :

revert version 4 please

Balsa

Balsa

by Balsa » March 8, 2023, 6:30 pm
Astrl wrote :

Karu_Tepes wrote :

I believe the problem is that staff are voting, when most of them are not even playing. I think players should decide, after all they play much more than you guys do.

Deadly

Deadly
Donator

by Deadly » March 8, 2023, 11:55 pm
Astrl wrote :

Karu_Tepes wrote :

shut the fuck up skillz and revert update

lord sunday has spoken, hail
on a serious note, i've said it multiple times, I do believe it's too late now to revert, I'm sure shit tons of players are completely disappointed, I would blame the staff for the way they handled the flop, but I couldn't be bothered
bless
"People fear what they don't understand"

Thursday

Thursday

by Thursday » March 9, 2023, 8:29 am
Make a vote within staff team and selected community members.
Retired Community Member of Ls-rcr

2013-2021
41 posts Page 1 of 5
Return to “General Discussion”