Tagged & Non-tagged members.

The place to have serious & thoughtful discussions on subjects that are important in the grand scheme of things.
42 posts Page 2 of 5

StormWind

StormWind
Retired Administrator

by StormWind » March 24, 2015, 7:46 pm
Hello,

This is a topic that I've been expecting for a long time and I want to thank Dani6 for making this topic.

First of all, having the tag is not only about "helping other players". It's not even "acting friendly with others", but it is BEING friendly with others. Moreover, being friendly with the new/non-tagged players is not a responsibility. To my mind, it's something that comes with your personality. You cannot be friendly just because you're thinking like this: "I am a tagged member and I MUST be friendly.". This is totally wrong. You got the tag because you deserved it, not because you acted nice to the others.

New players must be treated with respect, maybe with more respect than the tagged members. It may seem weird to you, but in fact being respectful to the new players makes them want to stick around the server and that makes our Community grow, it makes it bigger and better.

Every tagged member must be aware that he is an example for the other players. He is a combination of qualities that new/non-tagged members want to gain, so why not help them out? Why not show them the way?

What is the reason for tagged members to act disrespectful, what is the reason to discriminate? Remember the day you first joined the server, remember that more than 60% of the tagged members ignored you. How did you feel back then? Do you really want to do the same now? Put yourself in the new player's shoes. How would you feel?

This is all I had to say for now, thanks for your time to read this.

iFanta

Deluxe
Donator

by iFanta » April 28, 2015, 12:36 am
I agree with you dani6
People who die by suicide don't want to end their lives, they want to end their pain.

Hilda

Hilda
Retired Administrator

by Hilda » April 28, 2015, 1:23 am
StormWind wrote :
Hello,

This is a topic that I've been expecting for a long time and I want to thank Dani6 for making this topic.

First of all, having the tag is not only about "helping other players". It's not even "acting friendly with others", but it is BEING friendly with others. Moreover, being friendly with the new/non-tagged players is not a responsibility. To my mind, it's something that comes with your personality. You cannot be friendly just because you're thinking like this: "I am a tagged member and I MUST be friendly.". This is totally wrong. You got the tag because you deserved it, not because you acted nice to the others.

New players must be treated with respect, maybe with more respect than the tagged members. It may seem weird to you, but in fact being respectful to the new players makes them want to stick around the server and that makes our Community grow, it makes it bigger and better.

Every tagged member must be aware that he is an example for the other players. He is a combination of qualities that new/non-tagged members want to gain, so why not help them out? Why not show them the way?

What is the reason for tagged members to act disrespectful, what is the reason to discriminate? Remember the day you first joined the server, remember that more than 60% of the tagged members ignored you. How did you feel back then? Do you really want to do the same now? Put yourself in the new player's shoes. How would you feel?

This is all I had to say for now, thanks for your time to read this.

I'd like to thank you & everyone who have seen this topic, I'm grateful that these kind of topics are giving a hand to everyone around the server!

iFanTasTiC wrote :
I agree with you dani6

Thanks, i hope that you find this useful!

WEED

Weed

by WEED » April 28, 2015, 1:36 am
YES MY BROTHER TELL THEM THAT DISCRIMINATING OTHER LIKE US NEWBIE :D :D :D :D

If I may?
I'd like to pose an interesting question.
Are all human beings truly equal?

These days everywhere you go there's talk about the fight for equality. As a wise man once said heaven does not create one person above or below another. People like to throw his words around but that's not the whole quote. He goes on to say that while we are all equal at birth, pretty soon things begin to change. Academic effort is what sets some people apart to rise above the others.

At any rate, humans change over time based on their actions. Truth be told, at the end of the day, equality is just a fantasy and most of us go through life denying the fact that we live in a meritocracy.

Game_BoOster

Game_Booster

by Game_BoOster » May 1, 2015, 2:21 pm
NO i think that tagged members dont ignore non-tagged members, tagged members are helpful except someone but i wont say his name..
ImageImage Image ImageImage

StormWind

StormWind
Retired Administrator

by StormWind » May 5, 2015, 5:55 am
Game_BoOster wrote :
NO i think that tagged members dont ignore non-tagged members, tagged members are helpful except someone but i wont say his name..

This is a very big community and this means there are tons of different personalities. Some might act in a way, thinking that it's the right one, whereas some other players think it's actually wrong. That is why we have these rules that must be followed precisely, no "but"s.

Drin

Drin

by Drin » May 5, 2015, 9:29 pm
I was roaming and chilling in San Fierro and my car exploded in middle of no-where.A random guy picked me up and we had a conversation and at the end he said to me "You are nice for a tagged player".At that moment I realised that lots of tagged players usually ignore un tagged players and treat them like newbies.This is a community we should communicate/share things with everyone not only wtih superior players.We should stop ignoring,insulting,being bad and treating like newbies the un tagged players,we should communicate and be friends.In that way we'll be able to meet new and interesting peronalities.That's what keeps a community together.
Regards,
Thanks for reading.

Spoiler: show

StormWind

StormWind
Retired Administrator

by StormWind » May 6, 2015, 6:52 am
[Lsrcr]Drin wrote :
I was roaming and chilling in San Fierro and my car exploded in middle of no-where.A random guy picked me up and we had a conversation and at the end he said to me "You are nice for a tagged player".At that moment I realised that lots of tagged players usually ignore un tagged players and treat them like newbies.This is a community we should communicate/share things with everyone not only wtih superior players.We should stop ignoring,insulting,being bad and treating like newbies the un tagged players,we should communicate and be friends.In that way we'll be able to meet new and interesting peronalities.That's what keeps a community together.
Regards,
Thanks for reading.

Exactly my point.

Jawzom

Jawzom
Retired Administrator

by Jawzom » May 6, 2015, 7:53 am
Just read this post.
I have to admit that players without tag does get ignored. I've seen it multiple times, where people ask for something and they just pretend they didnt read the pm. I don't actually know why, just because a player doesnt have tag doesnt mean he's not a good person. I actually sometimes prefer playing with the people without tag, because they are usually nicer people. Every tagged member isn't like that, but alot of them are.
I feel back in 2013 before I went inactive people had more fun together, I might be wrong tho.

The_Fury

Fury

by The_Fury » May 6, 2015, 7:56 am
I agree with u dani and with drin and stormwind

Awsome topic
When we hit our lowest point we are open to the greatest change.
42 posts Page 2 of 5
Return to “General Discussion”