New Discord Channel - #discussion

The place to have serious & thoughtful discussions on subjects that are important in the grand scheme of things.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Rally3

[2F2F]jimmyfallon

by Rally3 » March 21, 2019, 5:02 pm
Hey all, will try to keep this message short for once.

There's a new discord channel in place, called #discussion, where you can read/write about your/others' opinions on anything related to the server. The channel was created with the idea of thoughtful discussion and to specifically avoid what has happened to the suggestions forum where the conversation is quickly lost and it turns into name calling or just overall pointless chatter.

For that, there are three roles in place:
  • discussion-spectator: for people that are interested in reading the discussions going on, but not in participating (sending messages)

• discussion-participant: for people that want to participate (send messages/read) in discussions

• discussion-overseer: makes sure that conversation stays on track, can give/take the above two roles, and also join in discussion

Messages sent should be kept concise and to the point, and each message should bring something new to the conversation. This means that replies such as "I agree" or "+1" are not acceptable and will be deleted; doing this multiple times may lead to your role being revoked. If you want to show that you agree/disagree with a message, simply react to it with a thumbs up/thumbs down emoji. Pointless messages should be relegated to #sa-mp.

If you want to join, send me a direct message or discord/IG with what role you want and why you think you should have it. Everyone will have a chance to get 'discussion-participant' if they behave accordingly, so nobody will be kept out of any loop as long as they act civilized.

Hopefully this will lead to better suggestions being proposed, and for all of us to think more about the impacts that certain suggestions can have on *everyone's* gameplay, not just the team/faction/group you happen to be in.

Zainhasan125125

Zain_Anda

by Zainhasan125125 » March 21, 2019, 5:13 pm
Rally3 wrote :
  • discussion-overseer: makes sure that conversation stays on track, can give/take the above two roles, and also join in discussion
  • [/ul]

is this race
    Army:
    Spoiler: show

Swat:
    ]Image

Cops:

KillList:

Milyn

Milyn
    Donator

by Milyn » March 21, 2019, 5:17 pm
    This is Makaniki

Robin

Robin
    Donator

by Robin » March 21, 2019, 6:50 pm
    This can't possibly go wrong!
    Retired community player 2013-2020
    ★ Retired LSPD United Chief of Police ★
    ★ Retired S.A. Army General ★

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

All Former Positions and Titles
    LSPD United Chief of Police & Founder
    S.A. Army General, Commander-In-Chief
    & High Command & Head Event Officer

Lsrcr Website & Server Developer
    La Famiglia Assassini Pagati Underboss

LS-RCR Radio Manager & DJ
    LS-RCR Newspaper Head Editor
    SAPT Advisor & Driving Instructor
    Blackouts Advisor
    Saints Training Officer & Rookie
    Absynth's Crew Assassin
    Comrades Worker
    And much more...

Ducati.

Ducati

by Ducati. » March 22, 2019, 3:49 am
    Common.
    Its the only place to chill out. Implying rules for discord aswell is something shit. And there is a suggestion topic in forums I don't think we need anymore thing to extend it. If your suggestion is not worthy it instantly gets denied.
    Not supporting.
    We all are not so free that first go on discord suggest 1 thing then wait for veiws then go to forums then suggest it again just because there are little bit controversies.
    I am same!

Rally3

[2F2F]jimmyfallon

by Rally3 » March 22, 2019, 3:57 am
    Ducati. wrote :
    Common.
    Its the only place to chill out. Implying rules for discord aswell is something shit. And there is a suggestion topic in forums I don't think we need anymore thing to extend it. If your suggestion is not worthy it instantly gets denied.
    Not supporting.
    We all are not so free that first go on discord suggest 1 thing then wait for veiws then go to forums then suggest it again just because there are little bit controversies.

And this is why there are roles to even get the messages for the channel, and why the channel exists in the first place.

If you can’t bother to put some effort into a “suggestion” (if you can even call what has been posted on forums that) and to have an actual discussion over it I’m glad you’re choosing not to participate in it.

You’ll get to hear about the suggestions after they’re discussed, and then posted here I guess. You can then reply with the usual useful insight that is all over the suggestion forum.

Ducati.

Ducati

by Ducati. » March 22, 2019, 6:57 am
    Rally3 wrote :
    Ducati. wrote :
    Common.
    Not supporting.

And this is why there are roles to even get the messages for the channel, and why the channel exists in the first place.

If you can’t bother to put some effort into a “suggestion” (if you can even call what has been posted on forums that) and to have an actual discussion over it I’m glad you’re choosing not to participate in it.

You’ll get to hear about the suggestions after they’re discussed, and then posted here I guess. You can then reply with the usual useful insight that is all over the suggestion forum.

What kind of replies are you expecting after the suggestion is being discussed on discord?
    So basically on forums you have to just write +1 -1 as you have already discussed it on the channel. Is this what you are trying to say?
    What will be the use of it lol. Keep it at 1 place either discord or forums. Many use only forums. What about their feedbacks.
    And and and on discord when 5-7 people are talking chat could easily get out of context. For eg. 7-8 person are talking everyone is writing there will be a mess. No one will understand that whom they are reffering to. Its just better as it is.
    I am same!

Rally3

[2F2F]jimmyfallon

by Rally3 » March 22, 2019, 12:08 pm
    Ducati. wrote :
    Rally3 wrote :
    Ducati. wrote :
    Common.
    Not supporting.

What kind of replies are you expecting after the suggestion is being discussed on discord?
    So basically on forums you have to just write +1 -1 as you have already discussed it on the channel. Is this what you are trying to say?
    What will be the use of it lol. Keep it at 1 place either discord or forums. Many use only forums. What about their feedbacks.
    And and and on discord when 5-7 people are talking chat could easily get out of context. For eg. 7-8 person are talking everyone is writing there will be a mess. No one will understand that whom they are reffering to. Its just better as it is.

You didn’t understand anything I said, you may want to look into what sarcasm is. The “feedbacks” of people that are only interested in forums is meaningless - most of them are the reason the suggestions forum has gone to shit. All the problems you listed are avoided as most of the idiots are left behind here and people act civilized in the discord.
    8 posts Page 1 of 1
    Return to “General Discussion”