Ramadan Discussion

This section is +18 and not for people who are easily offended. Respect other people's beliefs.
Forum rules
This section is not for people who are easily offended (hence 18+).
Respect other people's beliefs.
Material in this section may not be suitable for all audiences.
41 posts Page 3 of 5

Robin

Robin
Donator

by Robin » May 11, 2019, 7:09 pm
Aamir wrote :
Aamir wrote :
I will tell you guys much about Ramadan and about fasting

So first of all Ramadan is an Islamic Month of 29 or 30 days in which whole Muslim community who are totally able to fast can fast. Its compulsory for every Muslim man and woman to fast in this holy month (Unless there is some sickness or something which can be effected if a person is fasting example some medical conditions which requires drips or medicine which has to be taken during the timing of fasting and without taking these, a person can get seriously damaged or can come in critical danger. In such case the its not necessary to fast).

Now lets talk about FAST. Fasting physically means that keeping yourself away from food and drink for a specific amount of time that is the time from Namaz-e-Fajar (Time when sun rises) till Namaz-e-Maghrib(Time when sun sets). Now this is not what fasting really means. There is a broad meaning of fasting in Islam. Fasting does not only means keeping yourself away from eatables but its true meaning is keeping yourself away from any kind of act that is forbidden or considered wrong in Islam. This include Cheating, Lies, Abusing, Fighting, Keeping yourself away from sex and all the other acts. Any act which in any case is wrong is not allowed in condition of fasting. Moreover it also shows a sign of unity among Muslim Ummah as only during the month of ramadan, The whole Muslim community eats together for two times in a day that is at time of Fajar, when our fasting period starts, and at time of Maghrib, Where it ends.

Adding further to this it also makes us feel like we all are one. The poors and the rich are equal in Islam as we are not allowed to eat during the specific time period which tells us how poor feels and what they go through when they dont find anything to eat and stay hungry for all day long or maybe for days. It also encourages us to help them as this month tells us about their serious condition and a feeling of helping others is generated in out hearts that we should help them and our help can make their day better than what it was expected to be.

Now about fasting only in the month of ramadan, So i would like to tell you this that in Islam, We are not restricted to fast only in the month of Ramadan. A person who wishes to continue fasting can continue even after ramzan or in any month as long as its allowed. There are some days on which fasting is not allowed which include the EID days that is the first day of Shawal, Islamic month that comes just after Ramadan. fasting in the month of Ramadan is an compulsory however a person willing to fast for the whole year can fast for the whole year (Except the restricted days for fasting)

Last thing about fasting is that we fast only between the sunrise time and sunset time that means after sunser and before sunrise we are allowed to eat and drink but still we are not strictly not allowed to do any wrong act that can hurt someone or is not allowed in Islam.

Note: Tell me if i wrote anything wrong as this is what i know atleast or what i heard about ramadan so far. I can be wrong too so please correct me if i am wrong.

I hope this will answer all your questions and queries. If you still got some about anything, Feel free to PM me or quote it here and i will find the best possible answer that will totally answer your questions.

Nice explanation, it gives me a better insight.

But, more important to me personally: what is YOUR personal opinion about it?
Last edited by Robin on May 11, 2019, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired community player 2013-2020
★ Retired LSPD United Chief of Police ★
★ Retired S.A. Army General ★

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

All Former Positions and Titles
LSPD United Chief of Police & Founder
S.A. Army General, Commander-In-Chief
& High Command & Head Event Officer

Lsrcr Website & Server Developer
La Famiglia Assassini Pagati Underboss

LS-RCR Radio Manager & DJ
LS-RCR Newspaper Head Editor
SAPT Advisor & Driving Instructor
Blackouts Advisor
Saints Training Officer & Rookie
Absynth's Crew Assassin
Comrades Worker
And much more...

Aamir

Aamir

by Aamir » May 11, 2019, 7:38 pm
Robin wrote :
Aamir wrote :
Aamir wrote :
I will tell you guys much about Ramadan and about fasting

So first of all Ramadan is an Islamic Month of 29 or 30 days in which whole Muslim community who are totally able to fast can fast. Its compulsory for every Muslim man and woman to fast in this holy month (Unless there is some sickness or something which can be effected if a person is fasting example some medical conditions which requires drips or medicine which has to be taken during the timing of fasting and without taking these, a person can get seriously damaged or can come in critical danger. In such case the its not necessary to fast).

Now lets talk about FAST. Fasting physically means that keeping yourself away from food and drink for a specific amount of time that is the time from Namaz-e-Fajar (Time when sun rises) till Namaz-e-Maghrib(Time when sun sets). Now this is not what fasting really means. There is a broad meaning of fasting in Islam. Fasting does not only means keeping yourself away from eatables but its true meaning is keeping yourself away from any kind of act that is forbidden or considered wrong in Islam. This include Cheating, Lies, Abusing, Fighting, Keeping yourself away from sex and all the other acts. Any act which in any case is wrong is not allowed in condition of fasting. Moreover it also shows a sign of unity among Muslim Ummah as only during the month of ramadan, The whole Muslim community eats together for two times in a day that is at time of Fajar, when our fasting period starts, and at time of Maghrib, Where it ends.

Adding further to this it also makes us feel like we all are one. The poors and the rich are equal in Islam as we are not allowed to eat during the specific time period which tells us how poor feels and what they go through when they dont find anything to eat and stay hungry for all day long or maybe for days. It also encourages us to help them as this month tells us about their serious condition and a feeling of helping others is generated in out hearts that we should help them and our help can make their day better than what it was expected to be.

Now about fasting only in the month of ramadan, So i would like to tell you this that in Islam, We are not restricted to fast only in the month of Ramadan. A person who wishes to continue fasting can continue even after ramzan or in any month as long as its allowed. There are some days on which fasting is not allowed which include the EID days that is the first day of Shawal, Islamic month that comes just after Ramadan. fasting in the month of Ramadan is an compulsory however a person willing to fast for the whole year can fast for the whole year (Except the restricted days for fasting)

Last thing about fasting is that we fast only between the sunrise time and sunset time that means after sunser and before sunrise we are allowed to eat and drink but still we are not strictly not allowed to do any wrong act that can hurt someone or is not allowed in Islam.

Note: Tell me if i wrote anything wrong as this is what i know atleast or what i heard about ramadan so far. I can be wrong too so please correct me if i am wrong.

I hope this will answer all your questions and queries. If you still got some about anything, Feel free to PM me or quote it here and i will find the best possible answer that will totally answer your questions.

Nice explanation, it gives me a better insight.

But, more important to me personally: what do YOUR personal opinion about it?

My opinion so personally, i really love this month of ramadan and personally i don't know if anyone else feels like this but during this month i internally get motivated to help the peoples who are in needs. Weather i know them or no it doesn't matter i personally like helping peoples and especially in this month this help exponentially increases. Moreover this month is in my opinion the best month for muslim to do good works. I consider this month as a period where a Muslim can earn as much good deeds as he wants and During fasting he gets so much free time as he is free of all bad and time wasting works that he can actually work for welfare of public.Now just imagine that you are not allowed to waste anytime and all of your time should used in helping or doing good works, What would you do? Help others, Pray at most, Read and gain some knowledge etc etc and these acts are like the most beautiful acts in the world that will always come in handy in one way or the other.

Moreover I personally have been fasting for the whole month for about last 5 to 6 years and my experience about this month has always been great. It has taken my life in a good routine where i sleep early and then wakeup early and fresh. My work is getting completed on time. I have enough extra time to read some news, Blogs, Information or maybe prepare for exams too. I also have enough motivation to help others who seems to be in need, I get the experience of how poor peoples lives. We also get an idea of how to survive critical condition as during fasting if your mind is getting diverted towards any bad act so you need to counter it which helps us in our ordinary life too.

For now i will leave my opinion uptill here as i am studying currently for my EXAMS. I will surely add up a bit tomorrow when i am fresh and have an open mind to think about it more deeply.
◘○◘○◘○◘○◘○◘○◘○◘○◘○◘○◘○◘○◘○◘○◘○◘○◘○◘○◘○◘○
    Aamir Vakeel

Thanks to Likewise for such a beautiful signature.
signature

ImageImage

☆ | Proud Muslim | Proud Pakistani |☆

Mastro

Mastro
Senior Administrator
Supporter

by Mastro » May 11, 2019, 9:06 pm
I have removed a few replies that were deemed inappropriate.

Even though that's a +18 section you still need to be polite and respect other people's beliefs. You can express your opinion freely but only as long as you stay civilized and nice. Statements such us "this is stupid", for example, do not belong here.

Religion and Culture section exists to encourage constructive discussions, so please be sure to follow that. Failing to do so might lead to section-restrictions for some users.

BeaTen.

BeatEn

by BeaTen. » May 11, 2019, 10:16 pm
I don't know if fasting is wrong/right as long as you're not forcing yourselves, its good. But you fast to feed the poor people whole can not afford food or something like that (according to above replies), poor people are poor because of no job, they need job, not sympathy. I'm a Hindu and we also fast (I don't), because I just don't get how can myself being hungry will help other people get food.
XXOOOOXXOXXXXXOXXXXOXXXXOOOOOOO
XOXXXXOXOXXXXXOXXXOXOXXXXXXOXXXX
XOXXXXXXXOXOXOXXXOXXXOXXXXXOXXXX
XXOOOOXXXOXOXOXXOOOOOOXXXXOXXXX
XXXXXXOXXOOXOOXXOXXXXXOXXXXOXXXX
XOXXXXOXXOXXXOXXOXXXXXOXXXXOXXXX
XXOOOOXXXOXXXOXXOXXXXXOXXXXOXXXX

(Credits: TheDragon.)
Currently under custody of PETA for disrespecting a very important living being. I hope I recover soon. Wish me luck. In order to improve my attitude (towards humans as well as cats), I have taken a brave step to pet cats. I am owner of 2 cats now and will sue anyone who tries to harm my cat in anyway (verbally and physically).

Fla$h

eg_Fla$h
Game Administrator+
Supporter

by Fla$h » May 12, 2019, 2:22 am
BeaTen. wrote :
I don't know if fasting is wrong/right as long as you're not forcing yourselves, its good. But you fast to feed the poor people whole can not afford food or something like that (according to above replies), poor people are poor because of no job, they need job, not sympathy. I'm a Hindu and we also fast (I don't), because I just don't get how can myself being hungry will help other people get food.

The thing is:
When you are used to eat whenever you are hungry is not like when you are in the desert without food and water and want just a little drop of a water in your mouth, that's what it feels when you are poor enough and you just sitting there on the streets without anything to do you are just waiting until someone will notice you so maybe that person will help you by giving you some food or money and it will not last forever.
So what Ramadan does is that when you are fasting you will think about how much time left so i can eat again but if you thought about all those people who you saw sitting there too down the streets with no food and water or anything really waiting for help, when you think about them and how they are feeling all the time, you will do anything to help them because you just felt like what
they are feeling all the year not just in Ramadan.

So it's a good experience to let yourself feel how other people are living without anything really, and trying to help those people is awesome thing to do and when you see their faces after helping them and their beautiful smile that you will never forget it means the world to me and to them too cause they feel very thankful that there are still some people that wants to help others and still
cares about others. :)

Of course you don't need to start fasting so you can feel the poor people and start to help them but Ramadan is a reminder and a break of everything in your life and it makes you to start focusing about positive things and one of them is feeling the poor people and trying to help them with anything you can and that's a positive thing, and the part about getting them a job is also a good way to help them too so they can live on their own and they can help more people just like what you did with them and that's another positive thing to do too. :)

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say and thanks for reading.

Snipaxxyy

Snipaxxyy

by Snipaxxyy » May 12, 2019, 4:13 am
Faraon78910 wrote :
OG.Loc. wrote :
Faraon78910 wrote :
Honestly, with no offense, this seems like stupid tradition to me.

It's not a tradition it's an obligation of each muslim.I believe this obligation is much better than celebrating someone's comeback which never happend.It helps you in so in so many ways.If you fast there are chances you can lose weight,you remove all the toxins from your body.

Robin if you're interested to fast tell me,I can send you a schedule(Greenwich Mean Time+1)

It'd be really good if you try fasting one day,it keeps you healthy as Friday said.

How the Ramadan works is pretty much easy,we're allowed to eat and drink until a specific time (Time goes 2minutes earlier everyday except some days).Then we usually work,sleep,play games to spend the time but one thing you should never do is complain about it (e.g say repeatedly you're hungry or thirsty).Then iftar comes,Iftar time means it's the time we're allowed to eat and drink again until a specific time.Ramadan lasts 30 days and after the last day we celebrate the whole month of Ramadan,known as Eid.We cook a lot of different kind of foods and cakes.

It doesnt make sense to me because you do these all good things only 1 month and care about them. 'Normal' person who cares about himself and others tries to be that kind of person everyday whole year.

As Aamir said you can fast the whole year,I personally know someone who fasts 6 months a year but Ramadan is the month when everyone's obligated to fast.You can get a year schedule by any mosque and you can fast the whole year if you want.

BeaTen. wrote :

Ramadan is the month of kindness,it doesn't keep people away from eating and drinking only,it keeps them away from swearing,lying,sex,"masturbating".We try to be as kind as we can in this month,in my city there's like 10 places where people who can't afford a below average life,can eat Food for free for Iftar.Ramadan basically is the month of kindness,family re-unites.

"Embrace the mini-mod within you" -Fady2020

Aamir

Aamir

by Aamir » May 12, 2019, 5:54 am
BeaTen. wrote :

Yes you are completely and absolutely right. If a person is poor he needs a job and not sympathy.
Now first of all i would like to correct you in your definition of poor. Poor in Islam is considered as the guy who can't afford to eat two times a day. Now no matter if a person works or not, If he cant afford to eat two times a day he will be considered as poor. (As far as i read it)
But lets dig a bit deeper through this. There are certain peoples who can't work due to some disability. Now think of a disabled person living around your house who you know can't work and is totally dependent on what he gets from peoples. Ramadan is like a gift for these kind of peoples as other than Ramadan, these peoples see other peoples eating and drinking while that disabled person can't afford it. This will create a feeling of inequality in his mind.Now in Ramadan since we ain't allowed to eat and drink for a specific time period, This will create a feeling among those kind of person as they are equal too.
Secondly, Ramadan generates a feeling of sympathy and a motivation to help others. Now in underdeveloped countries where child labor is normal and you see kids everywhere working to survive, A gift from a random person which contains food for one time or two time is like a magic for them as what they were struggling to get all day is given to them without any struggle. This shows them that they are like our brothers, our sisters, our kids and our old mans. This shows them that whole Muslim community is a family where i a person is starving the other one will help him just like a family does.

I hope this will answer your question.
    Aamir Vakeel

signature

ImageImage

Aamir

Aamir

by Aamir » May 12, 2019, 6:12 am
My opinion about Ramadan as robin asked.
First of all i would like to quote what i wrote before.
My opinion so personally, i really love this month of ramadan and personally i don't know if anyone else feels like this but during this month i internally get motivated to help the peoples who are in needs. Weather i know them or no it doesn't matter i personally like helping peoples and especially in this month this help exponentially increases. Moreover this month is in my opinion the best month for muslim to do good works. I consider this month as a period where a Muslim can earn as much good deeds as he wants and During fasting he gets so much free time as he is free of all bad and time wasting works that he can actually work for welfare of public.Now just imagine that you are not allowed to waste anytime and all of your time should used in helping or doing good works, What would you do? Help others, Pray at most, Read and gain some knowledge etc etc and these acts are like the most beautiful acts in the world that will always come in handy in one way or the other.

Moreover I personally have been fasting for the whole month for about last 5 to 6 years and my experience about this month has always been great. It has taken my life in a good routine where i sleep early and then wakeup early and fresh. My work is getting completed on time. I have enough extra time to read some news, Blogs, Information or maybe prepare for exams too. I also have enough motivation to help others who seems to be in need, I get the experience of how poor peoples lives. We also get an idea of how to survive critical condition as during fasting if your mind is getting diverted towards any bad act so you need to counter it which helps us in our ordinary life too.

Now i will add further to this. So Ramadan is a great month no doubt every Muslims loves this month. Apart from the things i mentioned above i will get something more interesting about Ramadan. Recently i was reading a blog in which a person wrote some of the physical benefits of Ramadan. It included:
Boost Your Brain:
No doubt you’ll be aware of the positive effects fasting can have on your mental wellbeing and spiritual focus, but the brain-boosting powers of Ramadan are even more significant than you might think. A study carried out by scientists in the USA found that the mental focus achieved during Ramadan increases the level of brain-derived neurotrophic factor, which causes the body to produce more brain cells, thus improving brain function.

Likewise, a distinct reduction in the amount of the hormone cortisol, produced by the adrenal gland, means that stress levels are greatly reduced both during and after Ramadan.

Ditch Bad Habits:
Because you will be fasting during the day, Ramadan is the perfect time to ditch your bad habits for good. Vices such as smoking and sugary foods should not be indulged during Ramadan, and as you abstain from them your body will gradually acclimatise to their absence, until your addiction is kicked for good.

It’s also much easier to quit habits when you do so in a group, which should be easy to find during Ramadan. Fasting’s ability to help you cut out bad habits is so significant that the UK’s National Health Service recommends it as the ideal time to ditch smoking.

Lasting Appetite Reduction:
One of the main problems with extreme fad diets is that any weight lost is often quickly put back on, sometimes even with a little added extra. This isn’t the case with Ramadan. The reduction in food consumed throughout fasting causes your stomach to gradually shrink, meaning you’ll need to eat less food to feel full.

If you want to get into the habit of healthy eating then Ramadan is a great time to start. When it’s finished your appetite will be lower than it was before, and you’ll be far less likely to overindulge with your eating.

Absorb More Nutrients:
By not eating throughout the day during Ramadan you’ll find that your metabolism becomes more efficient, meaning the amount of nutrients you absorb from food improves. This is because of an increase in a hormone called adiponectin, which is produced by a combination of fasting and eating late at night, and allows your muscles to absorb more nutrients.

This will lead to health benefits all around the body, as various areas are able to better absorb and make use of the nutrients they need to function.

Now personally i have experienced more efficiency in any work during Ramadan and especially during fasting. People tends to say that a person fasting gets tired and can even die and so and so. I will surely oppose such statements saying that i personally don't sleep during fasting. I have spent about 12 to 13 hours of my fasting time in university working on my project (which i will definitely share if i get enough time to explain that). Now a person who does not enjoy month of Ramadan or does not fast will think that i would be starving at that point however i literally didn't knew this much time has passed and i literally had no hunger or thrust at that point of time. I was like "this is great. I can do this all month".
Now about ditching bad habits so everyone here knows that every person in this world has a dark side. I have it too and probably the person reading this will have too. This month is the best to get rid of that DARK SIDE and change your BAD HABITS into GOOD ONE. This is really beneficial as i personally have ditched many of my bad habits that used to be a part of me and i was literally ashamed having them on me but now i am happy enough to ditch them.(No i never did drugs if you are thinking about it)
About appetite reduction and nutrients i would say yes it is totally true that in Ramadan due to limited eating time the appetite reduction and fat control is great during the month of Ramadan. And metabolism of your body in Ramadan is more efficient and even after Ramadan since your body is used to of it, it remains that way making you more energetic and more productive.

Now one more thing. This whole passage does not means i love Ramadan for this kind of benefits. These are additional benefits. Ramadan is month that everyone loves and it is an internal feeling that i don't think can be described with words. The thing that i just posted are the benefits of Ramadan that in my opinion makes Ramadan great for us but there is much more than this that words can't explain.

The best opinion i could find about Ramadan is quoted as

Month of Ramadan is the month of the most eagerly anticipated by all Muslims as this month , a thousand blessings promised by Allah, the Lord of the universe . Even for Muslims this month is not just hunger and thirst , but an academy to train yourself to increase your faith and devotion to God . It can also provide training on how the situation of the poor , the hungry days and provide awareness what a blessing that Allah has for us . If we assume that the fast will reduce the effectiveness of our daily activities , we must take heed of the prophet Muhammad and the first Muslims to fight to uphold Islam in this month and gained the victory .

If you want to discuss more about Ramadan or Islam, Feel free to PM me on discord or on forums
    Aamir Vakeel

signature

ImageImage

Ducati.

Ducati

by Ducati. » May 12, 2019, 6:59 am
@rockingjhonson
Basic thing I am trying to say is that,
None of you mentioned that you provide them food and other comforts. So fasting is for understanding their feelings. Except fasting wouldn't it be more beneficial if you provide them basic amenities which they actually need. It will help them in real.
@amir
The advantages you mentioned are not of ramdan. It's advantages of "fasting". Fasting is a good thing no doubt but the fact is that it's a festival and you don't need to keep fasts for your own advantages. And fasting according to me is not the correct solution for the poor people. You need to think practically if you really want to understand the problem of poor people. If you will provide them such things you will get blessings.
Understand what I am trying to say. I am not showing any disrespect towards your religion. I just want you to think practically.
A simple question
What will be poor people happy with?
1. People keep fasts for them to understand their feelings?
2. People give/provide them(poor) basic amenities and understand their feelings?
Choose 1
I am same!

Aamir

Aamir

by Aamir » May 12, 2019, 7:15 am
Ducati. wrote :
@rockingjhonson
Basic thing I am trying to say is that,
None of you mentioned that you provide them food and other comforts. So fasting is for understanding their feelings. Except fasting wouldn't it be more beneficial if you provide them basic amenities which they actually need. It will help them in real.
@amir
The advantages you mentioned are not of ramdan. It's advantages of "fasting". Fasting is a good thing no doubt but the fact is that it's a festival and you don't need to keep fasts for your own advantages. And fasting according to me is not the correct solution for the poor people. You need to think practically if you really want to understand the problem of poor people. If you will provide them such things you will get blessings.
Understand what I am trying to say. I am not showing any disrespect towards your religion. I just want you to think practically.
A simple question
What will be poor people happy with?
1. People keep fasts for them to understand their feelings?
2. People give/provide them(poor) basic amenities and understand their feelings?
Choose 1

First advantages: These advantages are only for continuous fasting and not for a single day fasting. Ramadan is a month of fasting for 30 days so thats why these are benefits of Ramadan and not of fasting as single day of fasting won't give any of this to you.

I would preferably choose first one instead of the second one.
I will be talking a little bit about human psychology. So i don't know if you know about this or not i will try my best to explain this to you.
According to human psychology, If a person is getting what he needs without any struggle, he will then avoid doing any struggles thinking that he will get what he wants no matter if he struggles or not so why should he struggle if he is getting that thing anyway.
Now its very simple and easy to understand. In my country At least, I have seen people begging just so they don't have to work. This is a real incident where a beggar in one of the most expensive area of our city, came to us(We were about 5 to 6 peoples just chilling and having tea) and asked us for money and something to eat. Now we were just sitting there so we ordered tea along with some samosa (I really don't know its English translation) and he just sat on other table enjoying that. About few minutes later he just got into his pocket and took his Cell phone out and it turns out to be iPhone which is considered as an expensive asset in my country. We all were sitting there like what was that. So there are people like this who just beg for money without working and when they gets it they just rely on that begging system which in Islam is considered as one of the worst act. Now i don't want to talk about how he got his phone and all but just assume what if i had given this to someone who really needed it.
Now how would we know someone who really needs it. So according to my personal knowledge and experience, A person who is in need of money or food never ask or seeks for food until his condition is critical. They just sit in silence and peace hoping that someone would help them however they won't ask someone to help them. Yes its a bit hard to understand but this is like this. I personally grew up in a very underdeveloped area and my grand father used to help poor a lot. We knew a rickshaw driver who was not able to support his huge family with this work. My grand father used to observe alot around us and already knew his condition so about few months later my grand father just asked him to work for us like picking and dropping us from school etc etc and my grand father used to pay for his family. He could have earned it in some other ways too or my grandfather would have just given that to him but he preferred to work over begging and that how you spot a person in need vs a person who is just wasting his time in hopes.
Conclusively, You need to understand their feelings that how they really feel and when you know this feeling you will easily spot a person who is really in need so you can help him so yes option 1 seems suitable to me.

Note: I cannot explain it much better since i am an engineer not a psychology student but yes i love to read about human psychology thats why i know it. and its my personal experience to so yes its all true.
    Aamir Vakeel

signature

ImageImage

41 posts Page 3 of 5
Return to “Religion & Culture”