Atheists Can't Justify Caring About Animals!

This section is +18 and not for people who are easily offended. Respect other people's beliefs.
Forum rules
This section is not for people who are easily offended (hence 18+).
Respect other people's beliefs.
Material in this section may not be suitable for all audiences.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

GreaTSaN

GreaTSaN
Radio Manager

by GreaTSaN » January 2, 2020, 8:03 pm

Robin

Robin
Donator

by Robin » January 2, 2020, 8:29 pm
Do we need to justify caring about something?
Retired community player 2013-2020
★ Retired LSPD United Chief of Police ★
★ Retired S.A. Army General ★

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Spoiler: show
All Former Positions and Titles
LSPD United Chief of Police & Founder
S.A. Army General, Commander-In-Chief
& High Command & Head Event Officer

Lsrcr Website & Server Developer
La Famiglia Assassini Pagati Underboss

LS-RCR Radio Manager & DJ
LS-RCR Newspaper Head Editor
SAPT Advisor & Driving Instructor
Blackouts Advisor
Saints Training Officer & Rookie
Absynth's Crew Assassin
Comrades Worker
And much more...

GreaTSaN

GreaTSaN
Radio Manager

by GreaTSaN » January 2, 2020, 10:52 pm
Robin wrote :
Do we need to justify caring about something?

Did you even play the video lol?

Geri

Geri
Donator

by Geri » January 2, 2020, 11:45 pm
Okay so the video title is a bit of clickbait. I didn't watch it all, but some parts of it and to save everyone's time, it basically says that in the UK law you must stun an animal before slaughtering them, unless this activity is done by a religion. So muslims can kill animals without slaughtering them. On my view caring about animals is not about religion, but about character instead. I don't feel pity or sorry for animals that are being killed or while eating meat, however it highly disturbs me when I see one getting murdered. Psychologically it has to do with our mind seeing the animal as an innocent creature and we see it as unfair and evil. Anyways, that guy is debating to someone religious he is wasting his time debating with unlogic.
glgy geri

Karu_Tepes

Lost_Soul
Pagati Don
Supporter

by Karu_Tepes » January 3, 2020, 12:58 am
I like how it says "You must stun an animal before slaughtering it" as if that's being kind. It's not. As someone who's family has butchered animals for food for centuries, I can assure you this NOT in kindness. It's in practicality. See, if the animal is scared when you kill it, it will tense up and the meat becomes extremely tough. However, if you stun or paralyze it first, the animal cannot tense up and so the meat is much softer. It's not done to be nice.

However, I do not see any reason an atheist cannot care for and love an animal. Love for a dog or cat is common among atheist, and many would not have it in them to harm an animal even if they needed to. Once of the strongest instincts to break in a new hunter is the idea of taking an animals life. They HATE it. But as my family has to hunt to survive, it's something we have to do. So atheist do not need a reason to care for animals, just can.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Religion & Culture”