Qur'an and Science

This section is +18 and not for people who are easily offended. Respect other people's beliefs.
Forum rules
This section is not for people who are easily offended (hence 18+).
Respect other people's beliefs.
Material in this section may not be suitable for all audiences.
53 posts Page 2 of 6

[Lsrcr]Oggy

Oggy

by [Lsrcr]Oggy » October 30, 2017, 2:57 pm
Is evolution a fact yet? Is evolution answer to all things? It's better not to consider a theory as a fact since it would remain a theory unless completely confirmed. There are many things which evolution can't answer and Jaker already asked you one thing on "God's existence" topic which you haven't reply. If you go back on replies of that topic, you'd see many questions which either you are not willing to reply or you don't have the answer to reply.

Okay so where did you confirm that Quran is not just a theory but a fact? You don't have any proofs nor evidences but just some twisted and turned arrangements of words.

[Lsrcr]Oggy wrote :
and big bang?
What?

Replace evolution with big bang in my question.

Once again, my question, which translations are twisted as you said? Reply this if you're truthful.

The verses you mentioned in the 'Shape of the Earth' part. Pure bullshit but those twists and turns damn..
Last edited by [Lsrcr]Oggy on October 30, 2017, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreaTSaN

GreaTSaN
Radio Manager

by GreaTSaN » October 30, 2017, 3:01 pm
[Lsrcr]Oggy wrote :
GreaTSaN wrote :
[Lsrcr]Oggy wrote :
Your proofs for saying that evolution is wrong in the "God's existence" topic? and big bang?
Is evolution a fact yet? Is evolution answer to all things? It's better not to consider a theory as a fact since it would remain a theory unless completely confirmed. There are many things which evolution can't answer and Jaker already asked you one thing on "God's existence" topic which you haven't reply. If you go back on replies of that topic, you'd see many questions which either you are not willing to reply or you don't have the answer to reply.

[Lsrcr]Oggy wrote :
and big bang?
What?

Once again, my question, which translations are twisted as you said? Reply this if you're truthful.
Okay so where did you confirm that Quran is not just a theory but a fact? You don't have any proofs nor evidences but just some twisted and turned arrangements of words.

What?
Replace evolution with big bang in my question.

The verses you mentioned in the 'Shape of the Earth' part. Pure bullshit but those twists and turns damn..

Where do you bring this twisted thing? Do you've proofs to prove me wrong? If you've then put forward. Don't just use words. You keep saying twisted and twisted then just prove it that such and such doesn't mean this in Arabic. Bring your proofs rather than just putting up words. Your words wouldn't change the fact. It clearly shows here who's willing to look for truth and who's just assuming himself to have known the truth. I see you talk a lot about evolution. Let's talk about Evolution on God's existence topic.

[Lsrcr]Oggy

Oggy

by [Lsrcr]Oggy » October 30, 2017, 3:07 pm
GreaTSaN wrote :
[Lsrcr]Oggy wrote :
GreaTSaN wrote :

What?

Where do you bring this twisted thing? Do you've proofs to prove me wrong? If you've then put forward. Don't just use words. You keep saying twisted and twisted then just prove it that such and such doesn't mean this in Arabic. Bring your proofs rather than just putting up words. Your words wouldn't change the fact. It clearly shows here who's willing to look for truth and who's just assuming himself to have known the truth. I see you talk a lot about evolution. Let's talk about Evolution on God's existence topic.

I don't know how it is in Arabic but in English, it's just crap and people like you interpret it in such ways.
Here's my proof:-

GreaTSaN

GreaTSaN
Radio Manager

by GreaTSaN » October 30, 2017, 3:11 pm
[Lsrcr]Oggy wrote :
GreaTSaN wrote :
[Lsrcr]Oggy wrote :

I don't know how it is in Arabic but in English, it's just crap and people like you interpret it in such ways.

Aww! Boy doesn't have any proofs to justify his own statement. :lol:
If only you had proofs to prove me wrong then I would have said that yeah this man is perfect in what he says but now even you twist your words. From "so-called miracles" to "twisted words".
Deaf, dumb and blind - so they will not return [to the right path]. - 2:18

[Lsrcr]Oggy

Oggy

by [Lsrcr]Oggy » October 30, 2017, 3:23 pm
GreaTSaN wrote :
[Lsrcr]Oggy wrote :
GreaTSaN wrote :

If only you had proofs to prove me wrong then I would have said that yeah this man is perfect in what he says but now even you twist your words. From "so-called miracles" to "twisted words".

Seest thou not that Allah merges Night into Day and he merges Day into Night
He created the heavens and earth in truth. He wraps the night over the day and wraps the day over the night and has subjected the sun and the moon, each running [its course] for a specified term.

The word shape or earth wasn't mentioned a single time in these verses. So where's your proofs that the writer actually meant the shape of earth in these verses? It's pure shit. Just look at these stupid lines. It's all a matter of interpreting them. It's just common sense to understand that these verses are twisted and turned.

GreaTSaN

GreaTSaN
Radio Manager

by GreaTSaN » October 30, 2017, 3:32 pm
[Lsrcr]Oggy wrote :
GreaTSaN wrote :
[Lsrcr]Oggy wrote :

He created the heavens and earth in truth. He wraps the night over the day and wraps the day over the night and has subjected the sun and the moon, each running [its course] for a specified term.

The word shape or earth wasn't mentioned a single time in these verses. So where's your proofs that the writer actually meant the shape of earth in these verses? It's pure shit. Just look at these stupid lines. It's all a matter of interpreting them. It's just common sense to understand that these verses are twisted and turned.

Either you're stupid or you're trying to be stupid. The word wrap in Arabic is "Kawwara" and it specifically means wrapping something around spherical object. Go and do your research on this if you think I am wrong. I cannot just bring my own English translation to satisfy you. I've to read and do research myself. Read the words and read their meanings. Qur'an could have used some other word but it specifically uses the word which is used to wrap something around an spherical object. Go ask your wikipedia if you think I am wrong. "Pure shit" you act like Krauss. I remember his debate with Tzortzis where he just came up and criticize Islam instead of putting up his points in proving it wrong and later he was made to sit in a corner like a baby as Tzortzis bashed his points.

[Lsrcr]Oggy

Oggy

by [Lsrcr]Oggy » October 30, 2017, 4:50 pm
GreaTSaN wrote :
[Lsrcr]Oggy wrote :
GreaTSaN wrote :

Either you're stupid or you're trying to be stupid. The word wrap in Arabic is "Kawwara" and it specifically means wrapping something around spherical object. Go and do your research on this if you think I am wrong. I cannot just bring my own English translation to satisfy you. I've to read and do research myself. Read the words and read their meanings. Qur'an could have used some other word but it specifically uses the word which is used to wrap something around an spherical object. Go ask your wikipedia if you think I am wrong. "Pure shit" you act like Krauss. I remember his debate with Tzortzis where he just came up and criticize Islam instead of putting up his points in proving it wrong and later he was made to sit in a corner like a baby as Tzortzis bashed his points.

Oh so the verse indirectly means the earth is spherical from one of the parts of one of the words in it? Since you are looking for deep meanings, let's get deep. As you said, I asked Wikipedia and all it said was the word "Kawwara" means to roll up or to coil. The word "spherical" is not mentioned anywhere. Something can be coiled on a cylindrical surface as well. The word 'round' is just the shape of the cross-section of a shape. What's said in the verse is also applicable for a flat surface. Imagine a table and raise a lamp around the table slowly. One side of the table will be in the dark and the other side in the light. Besides, it's been mentioned at various places in Quran that the earth is flat (2:149, 2:187, 17:78, 88:20 and 71:19). From all this, it's very clear that the writer had no idea that the earth is spherical in shape but flat.

GreaTSaN

GreaTSaN
Radio Manager

by GreaTSaN » October 31, 2017, 9:47 am
[Lsrcr]Oggy wrote :
Oh so the verse indirectly means the earth is spherical from one of the parts of one of the words in it? Since you are looking for deep meanings, let's get deep. As you said, I asked Wikipedia and all it said was the word "Kawwara" means to roll up or to coil. The word "spherical" is not mentioned anywhere. Something can be coiled on a cylindrical surface as well. The word 'round' is just the shape of the cross-section of a shape. What's said in the verse is also applicable for a flat surface. Imagine a table and raise a lamp around the table slowly. One side of the table will be in the dark and the other side in the light. Besides, it's been mentioned at various places in Quran that the earth is flat (2:149, 2:187, 17:78, 88:20 and 71:19). From all this, it's very clear that the writer had no idea that the earth is spherical in shape but flat.

Glad that now you're looking into deep words and meanings. Just before I explain you something, I'd like you to understand what is classical Arabic:
Arabic is a root driven language, and you can base your understanding of a word using its root. You can also understand what message is being conveyed using the root of a single word or a combination of words. You can also get a visual representation of the word using the root. Why? That is the nature and power of the language. That is one reason why it is revealed, and preservation of the recitation is in the Arabic language. If you have a problem with that, then go study linguistics and try to disprove the above statements.

Arabic is not a dead language, we still use it today.. Quranic or classical Arabic is based on the medieval dialects of Arab tribes. The sentence structure is the same as is used in the modern standard Arabic used today. The groupings, context and some of the words used are vastly different.

Now let's move to the verses once again. Since you've posed another four verses which you claim to have said that the Earth is flat and you assumed everything yourself so I'd keep it aside for now and answer it after I clear your doubts regarding first verse. Now you said that Wikipedia told you that "Kawwara" means roll up or to coil and no where it mentioned anything about spherical or I'd say the shape of the Earth. Even if you use the Google Translator it'd give you the proper meaning. Word "Kawwara" has several meanings and it comes from the root word "Kura" and both literal meaning is "ball" or "to wrap something on a ball" or "to wrap something around (i.e turban on head)". Here's the literal meaning from Translator and yes I don't use Translator for my work but it's just to show you the literal meaning of it. Because if I were to bring meanings from an Arabic website or from the books of scholars you'd say those words are twisted. Now don't say that Google Translator is also twisting the words. Here's the image of what Translator gives us:
Image and here's the link.

If we get all the literal meanings and the usages of the word, it is as follows:
(Source given below)

You said that the verse is also applicable for a flat surface and that is completely wrong. Flat in Arabic is "musattah مسطح" and its verb (to make flat) is "sataha سطح" however neither were used in the entire Quran. Furthermore, Qur'an says that Earth has a diameter (diameter is simply twice the radius) in Chapter 55:33:
O company of jinn and mankind, if you are able to pass beyond the regions (Aktar in Arabic اقطار) of the heavens and the earth, then pass. You will not pass except by authority.
Diameter in Arabic is Kutr قطر. Its plural is Aktar اقطار. Radii and diameters are properties of circles or spheres only. This conforms with the previus verse, to make into a ball [Yukawer يُكَوِّرُ].

I've provided Google Translator and wiki link also so you wouldn't say that I've twisted the word myself. I didn't quote anything from a scholar just so that you wouldn't say that they've twisted these words. First I need your words on this and then I'll proceed on other verses you gave me. I've already got answer for that but it is way much important for me to clear statement of "twisted words".

Source:
https://quran.com/55/33
http://www.lexilogos.com/english/arabic_dictionary.htm
https://ar.forvo.com/search/قطر/ar/
https://ar.forvo.com/search/اقطار/ar/
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/كور#Arabic

GreaTSaN

GreaTSaN
Radio Manager

by GreaTSaN » November 1, 2017, 7:43 am
Miracle #4: The weight of the clouds.
The weight of clouds can reach quite astonishing proportions. According to scientists, the weight of the average cumulus cloud is 1.1 million pounds! Think about that for a moment. This means that at any given moment, there are millions of pounds of water floating above your head. Attention is drawn to the weight of clouds in verses of the Holy Qur'an in Chapter 7:57:
And it is He who sends the winds as good tidings before His mercy until, when they have carried heavy rainclouds, We drive them to a dead land and We send down rain therein and bring forth thereby [some] of all the fruits. Thus will We bring forth the dead; perhaps you may be reminded.

In another verse of Chapter 13:12 it says as follows:
It is He who shows you lightening, [causing] fear and aspiration, and generates the heavy clouds.

At the time when the Qur'an was revealed, of course, it was quite impossible to have any information about the weight of clouds. This information, revealed in the Qur'an, but discovered only recently is yet another proof that the Holy Qur'an is the Word of Allah.

Source:
http://mentalfloss.com/article/49786/how-much-does-cloud-weigh
https://headsup.boyslife.org/how-much-d ... oud-weigh/
https://www.sciencealert.com/this-is-ho ... oud-weighs

Robin

Robin
Donator

by Robin » November 1, 2017, 8:23 am
GreaTSaN wrote :
Miracle #4: The weight of the clouds.
The weight of clouds can reach quite astonishing proportions. According to scientists, the weight of the average cumulus cloud is 1.1 million pounds! Think about that for a moment. This means that at any given moment, there are millions of pounds of water floating above your head. Attention is drawn to the weight of clouds in verses of the Holy Qur'an in Chapter 7:57:
And it is He who sends the winds as good tidings before His mercy until, when they have carried heavy rainclouds, We drive them to a dead land and We send down rain therein and bring forth thereby [some] of all the fruits. Thus will We bring forth the dead; perhaps you may be reminded.

In another verse of Chapter 13:12 it says as follows:
It is He who shows you lightening, [causing] fear and aspiration, and generates the heavy clouds.

At the time when the Qur'an was revealed, of course, it was quite impossible to have any information about the weight of clouds. This information, revealed in the Qur'an, but discovered only recently is yet another proof that the Holy Qur'an is the Word of Allah.

Source:
http://mentalfloss.com/article/49786/how-much-does-cloud-weigh
https://headsup.boyslife.org/how-much-d ... oud-weigh/
https://www.sciencealert.com/this-is-ho ... oud-weighs

Water has weight, pretty heavy in large numbers
There comes water out of clouds.
Big clouds = lot of water = heavy.
Clouds are heavy wtf it was god not just the most logical logic at all!!!
Retired community player 2013-2020
★ Retired LSPD United Chief of Police ★
★ Retired S.A. Army General ★

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Spoiler: show
All Former Positions and Titles
LSPD United Chief of Police & Founder
S.A. Army General, Commander-In-Chief
& High Command & Head Event Officer

Lsrcr Website & Server Developer
La Famiglia Assassini Pagati Underboss

LS-RCR Radio Manager & DJ
LS-RCR Newspaper Head Editor
SAPT Advisor & Driving Instructor
Blackouts Advisor
Saints Training Officer & Rookie