Qur'an and Science

This section is +18 and not for people who are easily offended. Respect other people's beliefs.
Forum rules
This section is not for people who are easily offended (hence 18+).
Respect other people's beliefs.
Material in this section may not be suitable for all audiences.
53 posts Page 3 of 6

GreaTSaN

GreaTSaN
Radio Manager

by GreaTSaN » November 1, 2017, 8:39 am
Robin wrote :
Water has weight, pretty heavy in large numbers
There comes water out of clouds.
Big clouds = lot of water = heavy.
Clouds are heavy wtf it was god not just the most logical logic at all!!!

Wouldn't even waste my time in explaining you anything. Read all above miracles if you've doubts.

GreaTSaN

GreaTSaN
Radio Manager

by GreaTSaN » November 1, 2017, 9:05 am
Miracle #5: Darkness in the sea and internal waves.
In deep seas and oceans, the darkness is found at a depth of 200 meters and deeper. At this depth, there is almost no light, and below a depth of 1,000 meters there is no light at all.

Today, we know about the general formation of the sea, the characteristics of the living things in it, its salinity, as well as the amount of water it contains, and its surface area and depth. Submarines and special equipment, developed with modern technology, have enabled scientists to obtain such information.

God mentions in Chapter 24:40:
Or like utter darkness in the deep sea: there covers it a wave above which is another wave, above which is a cloud, (layers of) utter darkness one above another; when he holds out his hand, he is almost unable to see it; and to whomsoever Allah does not give light, he has no light.

Human beings are not able to dive to a depth of more than 70 meters without the aid of special equipment. They cannot survive unaided in the dark depths of the oceans, such as at a depth of 200 meters. For these reasons, scientists have only recently been able to discover detailed information about the seas. However, that the depth of the sea is dark was revealed in the Qur'an 1,400 years ago. It is certainly one of the miracles of the Qur'an that such information was given at a time where no equipment to enable man to dive into the depths of the oceans was available.

Furthermore attention is drawn in the verse "...there covers it a wave above which is another wave, above which is a cloud, (layers of) utter darkness one above another...". Scientists have only recently discovered that there are sub-surface waves, which "occur on density interfaces between layers of different densities." These internal waves cover the deep waters of seas and oceans because deep water has a higher density than the water above it. Internal waves act like surface waves. They can break, just like surface waves. Internal waves cannot be discerned by the human eye, but they can be detected by studying temperature or salinity changes at a given location.

Here's the verse in Arabic:
أَوْ كَظُلُمَاتٍ فِي بَحْرٍ لُّجِّيٍّ يَغْشَاهُ مَوْجٌ مِّن فَوْقِهِ مَوْجٌ مِّن فَوْقِهِ سَحَابٌ ۚ ظُلُمَاتٌ بَعْضُهَا فَوْقَ بَعْضٍ إِذَا أَخْرَجَ يَدَهُ لَمْ يَكَدْ يَرَاهَا ۗ وَمَن لَّمْ يَجْعَلِ اللَّهُ لَهُ نُورًا فَمَا لَهُ مِن نُّورٍ - 24:40

For those who are willing to do more research in Arabic language. Here's the link for dictionary so that people won't come up and say I have twisted the words.

Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internal_wave
* Explanation is copied from Harun Yahya.

Gangsta19

Gangsta19
Game Administrator

by Gangsta19 » November 1, 2017, 11:04 am
GreaTSaN wrote :
Miracle #1: Creation of the universe.
Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe? - Chapter 21:30
This verse clearly tells us that origin of the heavens and the earth was same and that everything was joined together before Almighty clove them asunder which was what modern science is now telling us. Furthermore this verse tells us that every living things is made from water which turns out to be true also. All living things are made of cells and with the help of microscoep we now know that cells are mostly made of water. A man in the desert of arabia couldn't simply just know something and write it down which modern science comes to know now.

This can also be found in the Torah,about 900 years before the Quran.Look for the old testament's genesis and the first 10 lines talk about the creation of the universe and how heaven and earth were joined together then God separated them.
Also, "made from water every living thing" is not proof of "higher knowledge" ,it doesn't state anything about cells (while sure,they are about 70% water,they are also made up from other elements such as CARBON,which is also present in every living organism,now if carbon (a lesser known substance from "back in the day") was stated in the Quran,that would be undeniable proof of deeper knowledge of the universe,something truly a person form that time couldn't have known without the use of modern tools).

In science ,people don't just come up with a theory and then look for proof,it's kind of the opposite .. from the data gathered scientists come up with conclusions.

GreaTSaN

GreaTSaN
Radio Manager

by GreaTSaN » November 1, 2017, 12:34 pm
Gangsta19 wrote :
GreaTSaN wrote :
Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe? - Chapter 21:30
This verse clearly tells us that origin of the heavens and the earth was same and that everything was joined together before Almighty clove them asunder which was what modern science is now telling us. Furthermore this verse tells us that every living things is made from water which turns out to be true also. All living things are made of cells and with the help of microscoep we now know that cells are mostly made of water. A man in the desert of arabia couldn't simply just know something and write it down which modern science comes to know now.

This can also be found in the Torah,about 900 years before the Quran.Look for the old testament's genesis and the first 10 lines talk about the creation of the universe and how heaven and earth were joined together then God separated them.
Also, "made from water every living thing" is not proof of "higher knowledge" ,it doesn't state anything about cells (while sure,they are about 70% water,they are also made up from other elements such as CARBON,which is also present in every living organism,now if carbon (a lesser known substance from "back in the day") was stated in the Quran,that would be undeniable proof of deeper knowledge of the universe,something truly a person form that time couldn't have known without the use of modern tools).

In science ,people don't just come up with a theory and then look for proof,it's kind of the opposite .. from the data gathered scientists come up with conclusions.

We Muslims believe that God sent many other scriptures before Qur'an and Torah is one of them but those books were sent for only specific nations and not for the whole of mankind. Since then Torah and many other religious scriptures are changed and fabricated due to hands of man. So are you willing to talk about Torah and all other religious scriptures? If so, I'm ready for that but if I place many unscientific things from all these scriptures, what would you do? Since you're talking about Torah. Please talk with reference and put forward the verses. Thank you!

Also, there are many other things which are mentioned in the Qur'an which I would keep posting here as I complete my research. I've mentioned many other things apart from this so answer those too.

Gangsta19

Gangsta19
Game Administrator

by Gangsta19 » November 1, 2017, 3:51 pm
GreaTSaN wrote :
Gangsta19 wrote :
GreaTSaN wrote :

We Muslims believe that God sent many other scriptures before Qur'an and Torah is one of them but those books were sent for only specific nations and not for the whole of mankind. Since then Torah and many other religious scriptures are changed and fabricated due to hands of man.There is absolutely no proof that other religious scriptures have been changed by mankind,what is that assumption based on? So are you willing to talk about Torah and all other religious scriptures? Yes,but this topic is about Quran and science,i only mentioned the old testament as a reference where the scripture is ''copied'' fromIf so, I'm ready for that but if I place many unscientific things from all these scriptures, what would you do? The scriptures aren't supposed to be scientific,none of them are.Science and the holy books are as different as night and day. Since you're talking about Torah. Please talk with reference and put forward the verses. Thank you!

Also, there are many other things which are mentioned in the Qur'an which I would keep posting here as I complete my research. I've mentioned many other things apart from this so answer those too.

Here are the verses with translation:

Chapter 1 , verse 1-9 wrote :
1.In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth. אבְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ:
2.Now the earth was astonishingly empty, and darkness was on the face of the deep, and the spirit of God was hovering over the face of the water. בוְהָאָ֗רֶץ הָֽיְתָ֥ה תֹ֨הוּ֙ וָבֹ֔הוּ וְח֖שֶׁךְ עַל־פְּנֵ֣י תְה֑וֹם וְר֣וּחַ אֱלֹהִ֔ים מְרַחֶ֖פֶת עַל־פְּנֵ֥י הַמָּֽיִם:
3.And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. גוַיֹּ֥אמֶר אֱלֹהִ֖ים יְהִי־א֑וֹר וַֽיְהִי־אֽוֹר:
4.And God saw the light that it was good, and God separated between the light and between the darkness. דוַיַּ֧רְא אֱלֹהִ֛ים אֶת־הָא֖וֹר כִּי־ט֑וֹב וַיַּבְדֵּ֣ל אֱלֹהִ֔ים בֵּ֥ין הָא֖וֹר וּבֵ֥ין הַחֽשֶׁךְ:
5.And God called the light day, and the darkness He called night, and it was evening and it was morning, one day. הוַיִּקְרָ֨א אֱלֹהִ֤ים | לָאוֹר֙ י֔וֹם וְלַח֖שֶׁךְ קָ֣רָא לָ֑יְלָה וַֽיְהִי־עֶ֥רֶב וַֽיְהִי־בֹ֖קֶר י֥וֹם אֶחָֽד:
6.And God said, "Let there be an expanse in the midst of the water, and let it be a separation between water and water." ווַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֱלֹהִ֔ים יְהִ֥י רָקִ֖יעַ בְּת֣וֹךְ הַמָּ֑יִם וִיהִ֣י מַבְדִּ֔יל בֵּ֥ין מַ֖יִם לָמָֽיִם:
7.And God made the expanse and it separated between the water that was below the expanse and the water that was above the expanse, and it was so. זוַיַּ֣עַשׂ אֱלֹהִים֘ אֶת־הָֽרָקִיעַ֒ וַיַּבְדֵּ֗ל בֵּ֤ין הַמַּ֨יִם֙ אֲשֶׁר֙ מִתַּ֣חַת לָֽרָקִ֔יעַ וּבֵ֣ין הַמַּ֔יִם אֲשֶׁ֖ר מֵעַ֣ל לָֽרָקִ֑יעַ וַֽיְהִי־כֵֽן:
8.And God called the expanse Heaven, and it was evening, and it was morning, a second day. חוַיִּקְרָ֧א אֱלֹהִ֛ים לָֽרָקִ֖יעַ שָׁמָ֑יִם וַֽיְהִי־עֶ֥רֶב וַֽיְהִי־בֹ֖קֶר י֥וֹם שֵׁנִֽי:
9.And God said, "Let the water that is beneath the heavens gather into one place, and let the dry land appear," and it was so. טוַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֱלֹהִ֗ים יִקָּו֨וּ הַמַּ֜יִם מִתַּ֤חַת הַשָּׁמַ֨יִם֙ אֶל־מָק֣וֹם אֶחָ֔ד וְתֵֽרָאֶ֖ה הַיַּבָּשָׁ֑ה וַֽיְהִי־כֵֽן:

GreaTSaN

GreaTSaN
Radio Manager

by GreaTSaN » November 1, 2017, 4:38 pm
Gangsta19 wrote :
There is absolutely no proof that other religious scriptures have been changed by mankind,what is that assumption based on?Yes,but this topic is about Quran and science,i only mentioned the old testament as a reference where the scripture is ''copied'' from

There is proof otherwise I wouldn't be saying such a thing. I don't rely on assumptions and my answers are based on research. There is plenty of proofs and first and foremost is the mistakes. If you read Bible, you'd find many verses contradiction each other and I'd soon create a topic on that too but I want to ask you what is your assumption based on that Quran is copied?

The scriptures aren't supposed to be scientific,none of them are.Science and the holy books are as different as night and day.

Oh that is why Qur'an contains many miracles which are so accurate with the modern science. It's just when you go deep, just as you go with other things, you'd realize this. The above miracles which I've mentioned cannot be the word of man and if you think so then bring your proofs rather than being irrational and false claims. I'm very open in this case and when people say that Qur'an is not a word of God then I hear them and listen to them on why they think that. If there is something which I've left in Qur'an then tell me and I'd listen to you rather than arguing blindly. People claim that there are many contradictions in Qur'an and most of them are answered on my other topic which is "Contradictions in Qur'an". Furthermore, I'd soon post some more contradictions (which were thought to be contradictions) but now modern science confirms that.

If you're sincere enough in this topic, we can have a conversation freely.

1.In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth. אבְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ:
2.Now the earth was astonishingly empty, and darkness was on the face of the deep, and the spirit of God was hovering over the face of the water. בוְהָאָ֗רֶץ הָֽיְתָ֥ה תֹ֨הוּ֙ וָבֹ֔הוּ וְח֖שֶׁךְ עַל־פְּנֵ֣י תְה֑וֹם וְר֣וּחַ אֱלֹהִ֔ים מְרַחֶ֖פֶת עַל־פְּנֵ֥י הַמָּֽיִם:
3.And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. גוַיֹּ֥אמֶר אֱלֹהִ֖ים יְהִי־א֑וֹר וַֽיְהִי־אֽוֹר:
4.And God saw the light that it was good, and God separated between the light and between the darkness. דוַיַּ֧רְא אֱלֹהִ֛ים אֶת־הָא֖וֹר כִּי־ט֑וֹב וַיַּבְדֵּ֣ל אֱלֹהִ֔ים בֵּ֥ין הָא֖וֹר וּבֵ֥ין הַחֽשֶׁךְ:
5.And God called the light day, and the darkness He called night, and it was evening and it was morning, one day. הוַיִּקְרָ֨א אֱלֹהִ֤ים | לָאוֹר֙ י֔וֹם וְלַח֖שֶׁךְ קָ֣רָא לָ֑יְלָה וַֽיְהִי־עֶ֥רֶב וַֽיְהִי־בֹ֖קֶר י֥וֹם אֶחָֽד:
6.And God said, "Let there be an expanse in the midst of the water, and let it be a separation between water and water." ווַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֱלֹהִ֔ים יְהִ֥י רָקִ֖יעַ בְּת֣וֹךְ הַמָּ֑יִם וִיהִ֣י מַבְדִּ֔יל בֵּ֥ין מַ֖יִם לָמָֽיִם:
7.And God made the expanse and it separated between the water that was below the expanse and the water that was above the expanse, and it was so. זוַיַּ֣עַשׂ אֱלֹהִים֘ אֶת־הָֽרָקִיעַ֒ וַיַּבְדֵּ֗ל בֵּ֤ין הַמַּ֨יִם֙ אֲשֶׁר֙ מִתַּ֣חַת לָֽרָקִ֔יעַ וּבֵ֣ין הַמַּ֔יִם אֲשֶׁ֖ר מֵעַ֣ל לָֽרָקִ֑יעַ וַֽיְהִי־כֵֽן:
8.And God called the expanse Heaven, and it was evening, and it was morning, a second day. חוַיִּקְרָ֧א אֱלֹהִ֛ים לָֽרָקִ֖יעַ שָׁמָ֑יִם וַֽיְהִי־עֶ֥רֶב וַֽיְהִי־בֹ֖קֶר י֥וֹם שֵׁנִֽי:
9.And God said, "Let the water that is beneath the heavens gather into one place, and let the dry land appear," and it was so. טוַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֱלֹהִ֗ים יִקָּו֨וּ הַמַּ֜יִם מִתַּ֤חַת הַשָּׁמַ֨יִם֙ אֶל־מָק֣וֹם אֶחָ֔ד וְתֵֽרָאֶ֖ה הַיַּבָּשָׁ֑ה וַֽיְהִי־כֵֽן:

Umm... where does it mention about the Big bang, expansion of heavens, smoke which Qur'an tells us? Maybe I can't see so point out the verse in bold letters.

Just before I end, here are some verses from Bible which I would be happy if you could answer me:
And the devil, taking Him up onto a high mountain, showed unto Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. - Luke Chapter 4 Verse 5
Again, the devil took Him up onto an exceeding high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and the glory of them. - Mathew Chapter 4 Verse 8

So in your opinion what is this? Since when we're able to see the whole world from a high mountain? This is only possible when the Earth is flat and with some amazing vision.

Kaosx234

kaosx234

by Kaosx234 » November 1, 2017, 5:30 pm
GreaTSaN wrote :
Gangsta19 wrote :
There is absolutely no proof that other religious scriptures have been changed by mankind,what is that assumption based on?Yes,but this topic is about Quran and science,i only mentioned the old testament as a reference where the scripture is ''copied'' from

There is proof otherwise I wouldn't be saying such a thing. I don't rely on assumptions and my answers are based on research. There is plenty of proofs and first and foremost is the mistakes. If you read Bible, you'd find many verses contradiction each other and I'd soon create a topic on that too but I want to ask you what is your assumption based on that Quran is copied?

The scriptures aren't supposed to be scientific,none of them are.Science and the holy books are as different as night and day.

Oh that is why Qur'an contains many miracles which are so accurate with the modern science. It's just when you go deep, just as you go with other things, you'd realize this. The above miracles which I've mentioned cannot be the word of man and if you think so then bring your proofs rather than being irrational and false claims. I'm very open in this case and when people say that Qur'an is not a word of God then I hear them and listen to them on why they think that. If there is something which I've left in Qur'an then tell me and I'd listen to you rather than arguing blindly. People claim that there are many contradictions in Qur'an and most of them are answered on my other topic which is "Contradictions in Qur'an". Furthermore, I'd soon post some more contradictions (which were thought to be contradictions) but now modern science confirms that.

If you're sincere enough in this topic, we can have a conversation freely.

Umm... where does it mention about the Big bang, expansion of heavens, smoke which Qur'an tells us? Maybe I can't see so point out the verse in bold letters.

Just before I end, here are some verses from Bible which I would be happy if you could answer me:
And the devil, taking Him up onto a high mountain, showed unto Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. - Luke Chapter 4 Verse 5
Again, the devil took Him up onto an exceeding high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and the glory of them. - Mathew Chapter 4 Verse 8

So in your opinion what is this? Since when we're able to see the whole world from a high mountain? This is only possible when the Earth is flat and with some amazing vision.

Bible doesn't contradict itself, maybe you're too narrow minded to read it. I don't recommend reading it if you cannot comprehend basic stuff.

Zoroark wrote :
I've given people in game money
His life is fulfilled now

GreaTSaN

GreaTSaN
Radio Manager

by GreaTSaN » November 1, 2017, 5:37 pm
Kaosx234 wrote :
Bible doesn't contradict itself, maybe you're too narrow minded to read it. I don't recommend reading it if you cannot comprehend basic stuff.

Believe me or not but I was just thinking about you. Please I am not knowledgeable so give me knowledge. Just tell me what that verse is trying to say. I was already planning to create a topic on this. It's really nice that I've got you here to correct my mistakes, it'd really help me. Since I don't want to spam this topic with Bible conversation, I would simply ask for an answer for those two verses and then I'd bring more new amazing stuff from Bible on a different topic.

P.S: Don't think I'm bringing up things myself. It's been 3 months since I've been reading Bible too and with the help of amazing Bible scholars I've learned a lot. Cheers!
And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Geri

Geri
Donator

by Geri » November 1, 2017, 6:15 pm
So, let me ask you a question.
How, do you prove that this ''god'' exist?
No theories, no common senses, i want a proof that anyone can see it and believe it. If it exists then why didn't it come in front of me saying ''yo what's up, i exist''?
Answer this, please.
glgy geri

GreaTSaN

GreaTSaN
Radio Manager

by GreaTSaN » November 1, 2017, 6:28 pm
GalaxyGeri wrote :
So, let me ask you a question.
How, do you prove that this ''god'' exist?
No theories, no common senses, i want a proof that anyone can see it and believe it. If it exists then why didn't it come in front of me saying ''yo what's up, i exist''?
Answer this, please.

It's a topic regarding Qur'an and Science. Please ask such questions on this topic and hopefully someone will reply you.
53 posts Page 3 of 6
Return to “Religion & Culture”