Introduction: [Lsrcr]StormWind

Here you can find the introduction topics of former staff members who have retired.
1 post Page 1 of 1

StormWind

StormWind
Retired Administrator

by StormWind » October 31, 2015, 10:29 am
Identity

My name is Mike, but my in-game nickname is StormWind. I am 21 years old and I live in Romania. Currently, I am studying Engineering and Management in the Mechanical field. I am in the 3rd year out of 4. In the same time, I'm a part-time employee at Telekom Romania as a debt collector and a sales agent. Working and going to College in the same time is indeed tiring, but it is also rewardig, as you get experience in the line of work.

SA-MP playtime

It all started in 2007, when I was introduced to SA-MP by some friends. I remember me having some problems with SA-MP due to my antivirus (Kaspersky at the time) and I couldn’t play. We were 5 guys on Skype, from wich I was the only one that couldn’t play. I remember crying that it didn't work. It was a long time ago, but great memories if you ask me. I reinstalled my Windows eventually (after a few weeks and we all started playing on a Dutch server for 2 years. After the first year, I became a lvl1 Administrator. I was promoted very fast and I did my job as best as I could. Eventually I reached lvl4 Administrator, but due to some hosting problems, the server had to be closed in 2009. I also had to learn a bit of Dutch, but sadly I forgot most of it.

Los Santos Roleplay Cops and Robbers

I still don't know when was the first time that I joined the server, but I believe it was somewhere in 2010. A friend showed me the server, but to be honest, I didn't enjoy it that much. I found it hard to earn money and score, and it was quite difficult for me to play constantly. I remember a day in which I robbed a lot of shops and raised my pocket money to 600k, then somebody came and robbed it all. I was really sad and I quit playing for a few weeks.
My real comeback was in the summer of 2014, when I started to play day-by-day. I knew most of the old players already, but they didn’t know me. I started to enjoy the server very much. I got the tag at the end of the summer and never lost it since. I started with the Saints, then Stunt Kings, but I won't forget San Fierro Cruisers.

Community Preferences

Moving on to the things I like and I don’t about our Community, I’d say I can find more positive aspects in comparison with the negative ones. I like the fact that we are “online friends”, we like to joke, we bond, we learn new cultures and traditions. The fact that people from so many countries can get along, speak the same language and understand each other is simply mind-blowing for me. I managed to make a lot of “online friends” and it’s very rewarding if you ask me.
It’s needless to say that the negative aspects will always exist. Why? We are so many people from so many different countries, we can’t just *get along* with everybody. You can’t force people to be your friend. The fact that disappoints me the most is the religious war. It existed since the beginning of our era and will not end too soon. I’d like to see a Community with no religious discussions, a Community in which we can play in peace, no matter of our skin color, religious beliefs, traditions and so on.

Staff Introduction

I’ve been introduced to the staff team on 14 of October 2015. I always enjoyed helping new-comers, supporting them in any way, and the Moderator position is only an official way to do so. I want to thank Drastic in particular for trusting me and I personally believe I’m doing a good job *not being cocky*.

Real-Life hobbies

You might be asking what I'm doing when not playing SA-MP. Well, apart from work and university, I like to go out with my friends, I love traveling. Until a few months ago, I played football weekly, but both my ankles took a beating and it seems like I'm done with football for many years. It's a huge drawback that I have to live with. So now that I can't play football, I play FIFA with some of my mates. We usually gather at one's house and play for hours. Also, I watch TV shows, saw at least 25 until now, but recent activities don't give me enough spare time to watch.

Personal Motto

“I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.” – Albert Einstein
Last edited by StormWind on November 2, 2015, 6:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1 post Page 1 of 1
Return to “Past Staff”