S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Great game for any PC

Here you can discuss games not related to SA-MP or GTA in general.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Karu_Tepes

Lost_Soul
Pagati Don
Supporter

by Karu_Tepes » August 25, 2020, 8:25 am

I found this gem on steam dirt friggen cheap, and bought it on a whim, just because I'm very interested in radiation and Chernobyl. I didn't really expect much, it's from 2008...

Lemme tell ya, I could not have been more impressed.

The game itself plays and drives itself as if the Soviet Union bred Fallout, Dayz, and Call of Duty together, and then fixed the resulting mutations of the bastard child made (or in this case, the bugs).

STALKER plays fairly straight forward: You awaken with no memories in a tiny camp, get some work, do some missions. The whole time there are bandits, radiation, and "anomalies", glowing bubbles of "fuck you" that are pretty much death by creative method. Couple I fell victim too tore me limb from limb by wind, electrocuted me to dust, and one was just a giant middle finger as it vaporized me.

The gunplay is incredible. You can actually feel each guns weakness or strength, pick third person crosshairs or first person iron sights at will, an due to a hard weight limit, you have to pick your guns carefully. You also can only hold 2 guns at a time: a handgun and a larger weapon. Now you can carry a shotgun and an assault rifle, but you have to enter your inventory and switch them out if you need the other. Guns also slowly degrade and can start jamming, requiring a reload. Enemies also are truly frustrating. They WILL take cover, they WILL take cheap shots at you, and sometimes you'll see enemies marked on the map that don't fire. Are they lying in wait, or are they wounded and unable to hurt you? Well, hope you figure it out before you get plugged.

The most impressive part of this game though is how undraining it is. The graphics and effects are stunning, especially given it's age, and it looks and plays far better than GTA SA, but the surprising fact is... if your computer is capable of running SAMP, your computer can and will run STALKER with no issue. At first I really didn't get how such a wide open and detailed game could use such little resources, but playing through I figured out that the devs REALLY trickered this game together in a way that maximized gameplay without sacrificing needed power. So if you think it looks like something you want to play, and can sun SAMP, you can play STALKER.

Really, the game is a hidden masterpiece that many people overlooked, and it's really worth a play. You can get all three games on steam, and it does have a multiplayer mode if you want it. It's also pretty good if you want to really immerse yourself for a few hours. Just know the game takes combat and such VERY seriously. A headshot will put you and others down, and a shotgun to the face at 3 feet will make you reload your last save while a shotgun to the face at 100 feet won't do anything.

Good hunting, STALKERs.

Fady

Fady

by Fady » August 25, 2020, 10:08 am
Looks fun but I am a full-time samper!

"Embrace the mini-mod within you" -Fady2020

LSPD United Staff Member & Instructor
S.W.A.T. Master Sergeant

Tolis.

Tolis
Donator

by Tolis. » September 18, 2020, 10:51 am
Played it fairly recently, in July if im not mistaken. Holds up surprisingly well, minus some random crashes. It's a really good game even a decade later. Since you liked this you might wanna give Metro 2033 a shot, it's amazing.

Rally3

[2F2F]jimmyfallon

by Rally3 » September 18, 2020, 9:37 pm
Stalker is a good series, and it has a huge fan base. It's modding community is pretty large too.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Other Games”