[HELP] Game Recommendations Needed - Story (& Freeroam)

Here you can discuss games not related to SA-MP or GTA in general.
19 posts Page 1 of 2

Robin

Robin
Donator

by Robin » May 28, 2018, 6:50 pm
Hey lads,

I am working a LOT lately, but I still want a bit of recommendations for some games.
I like lists, they are easier to read than a wall of text, so lets make a list:
  • STORY! I absolutely love games with a good story
  • Freeroam, I really like that also
  • Single player: I will torrent the game anyway so I won't have MP access, plus I'm not a big fan of multiplayer games anyway
  • DLCs are not an issue, cuz torrent
  • Minimum specs don't matter at all, I can run it for sure
  • Graphics don't matter too much, but is a nice plus

I heard that BioShock Infinite was a good story telling game, anyone that knows if it's true? I downloaded it but I'm unsure if I will actually install it...

Recently I installed the brand-new Far Cry 5 also, is it worth to actually start playing?

Some games that I liked for reference (and why)
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - No doubt one of the best story games I have ever played, amazing open-word freeroam story telling packed with adventure and things to discover. The side-quests are what makes it amazing; there's a story with each and every one of them making it worth the time.
  • Fallout 4 - Surely worth to mention for it's high amount of things to do and discover, although it got boring once the main quest(s) are finished since most of the the side-quests don't have too much to offer. I still have to play the Far Harbour
  • GTA San Andreas - No, not SA-MP, the actual SP part of it was quite cool
  • Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - Although said not to be that good, I really liked the game, mainly the stealth parts
  • Just Cause 3 - Great to kill time, especially with some slight modding. The story wasn't too great since the missions are nearly always to blow something up, but that's just how Just Cause is
  • Kerbal Space Program - No doubt, my favorite sandbox game, it offers challenge and though thinking along with the freedom of a whole fucking solar system to freely explore; you can do basically anything
  • Titanfall 2 - Although I could only play the campaign, I fell in love with it's outstanding story, unique missions and outstanding variation in gameplay and situations.
  • GTA V - Not too great, but the story was nice, I uninstalled it soon after I finished the story though, since the freeroam got boring rather quickly (one of the very few games where I wish I could play MP)
I guess that's the list, and why.

So, long story short, I need some good games. Preferring that they got a good story (and/or freeroaming).

If the recommendation turns out to be as good as I'm hoping, I will surely owe the person that recommends it a favor ;)

When posting your recommendation, I'd highly appreciate it if there's some sort of motivation for the recommendation.

Cheers,
Robin
Last edited by Robin on May 28, 2018, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired community player 2013-2020
★ Retired LSPD United Chief of Police ★
★ Retired S.A. Army General ★

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

All Former Positions and Titles
LSPD United Chief of Police & Founder
S.A. Army General, Commander-In-Chief
& High Command & Head Event Officer

Lsrcr Website & Server Developer
La Famiglia Assassini Pagati Underboss

LS-RCR Radio Manager & DJ
LS-RCR Newspaper Head Editor
SAPT Advisor & Driving Instructor
Blackouts Advisor
Saints Training Officer & Rookie
Absynth's Crew Assassin
Comrades Worker
And much more...

Kawish

Kawish
Donator

by Kawish » May 28, 2018, 6:52 pm
Prototype 1 & 2 ?

SWAT Sergeant First Class

Shady

Shady_Haru
Game Administrator

by Shady » May 28, 2018, 7:10 pm
I definitely recommend Dying Light if you're into zombie games - it's freeroam and got a cool storyline + multiplayer aswell

Another game i'd recommend is Subnautica although it doesn't really have a story it's a really cool freeroam / survival adventure game where you can explore an entire ocean. It also allows you to choose a mode of your preference: Creative,Hardcore or Freedom. More info here: http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Modes

MineJolle19

MineJolle
Donator

by MineJolle19 » May 28, 2018, 7:12 pm
I recommend far cry 4. Far cry 5 is nothing like the previous games. But if you want change and many new vehicles and features, I would say that it's worth buying.

Robin

Robin
Donator

by Robin » May 28, 2018, 7:38 pm
MineJolle19 wrote :
I recommend far cry 4. Far cry 5 is nothing like the previous games. But if you want change and many new vehicles and features, I would say that it's worth buying.

I'll install 4, is there a logical order to play them?

Shady wrote :
I definitely recommend Dying Light if you're into zombie games - it's freeroam and got a cool storyline + multiplayer aswell

Another game i'd recommend is Subnautica although it doesn't really have a story it's a really cool freeroam / survival adventure game where you can explore an entire ocean. It also allows you to choose a mode of your preference: Creative,Hardcore or Freedom. More info here: http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Modes

I used to have Dying Light installed but never got a chance to play, I'll reinstall it.
I heard a lot of good things about Subnautica, guess I'll install that one also :D

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Blackouts Advisor
Absynth's Crew Assassin
Comrades Worker
And much more...

Mateej

Mateej
Donator

by Mateej » May 28, 2018, 9:20 pm
Bro, you will fall in love with Far Cry Primal, it's the only game I love in Far Cry series, seriously, try it :D

jilla123

Jilla

by jilla123 » May 29, 2018, 1:57 am
Have you ever played Hitman collection?
Hitman games are dope.
Since you told you're a fan of free roam games you may not know..

StephenKelly

Stephen
Retired Administrator

by StephenKelly » May 29, 2018, 5:03 am
minecraft brother

forge your own story, battle relentless mobs, build your dream home, achieve greatness

all can be done... in minecraft

ill see you on the other side brother

MineJolle19

MineJolle
Donator

by MineJolle19 » May 29, 2018, 5:45 am
Robin wrote :
MineJolle19 wrote :

I do recommend starting with far cry 3, but some might say that it's old and the graphic is not the best. But you shouldn't have any problem with skipping the previous games and going straight to far cry 4 since it is a new story and new characters. It's quite fun actually.

Robin

Robin
Donator

by Robin » June 2, 2018, 9:19 pm
Mateej99 wrote :
Bro, you will fall in love with Far Cry Primal, it's the only game I love in Far Cry series, seriously, try it :D

I tried Far Cry Primal, it didn't really catch my attention to be honest...

jilla123 wrote :
Have you ever played Hitman collection?
Hitman games are dope.
Since you told you're a fan of free roam games you may not know..

Which one of the many Hitman games do you recommend?

MineJolle19 wrote :
Robin wrote :
MineJolle19 wrote :

I do recommend starting with far cry 3, but some might say that it's old and the graphic is not the best. But you shouldn't have any problem with skipping the previous games and going straight to far cry 4 since it is a new story and new characters. It's quite fun actually.

Do the story lines add up in any way, or can I just jump to 4 and/or 5 straight away?

Blackouts Advisor