Role-Play Guide

Find all the available roleplay guides here.

Moderator: Pagati Leaders

1 post Page 1 of 1

Nilikos

NiLiKoS
Donator

by Nilikos » November 30, 2015, 6:46 pm
Greetings Community Members/Pagati Members,

I noticed that many of the people who try to join Pagati don't know a lot about role-play and they want to be trained for it, instead I will try to explain the basics of role-play in this thread and you can ask questions afterwards, later this can be moved to the recourses section but for now if you wish to join I'd highly recommend you to read this guide first.

Role-play (RP)

Role-Play is taking a role and playing it, when Playing in Role-Play mode ((/rpmode)), you're like playing a scene, It's fun as long as you keep it realistic.

In Character (IC)

IC is your character, example me, my In Game Character is Niels Smit. I am acting like a maffia underboss, like on my life story Niels Smit is, a calm person, patient, friendly and rude at the same time.
This character is what who I control. Don't mix your OOC character (NiLiKoS) with your IC character (Niels-Smit).
The moment I enter my RP mode (Character) it means my action are taken upon his word not my own, I must think the way a maffia underboss does and not the way how I like it.
For example I can't just power-rank (instantly make someone a caporegime) just because he's my friend, in-characterly (IC) he must have proven to me that he's worth it to gain such a respected possition in the family.

Out of Character (OOC)

Out of Character is who you are (NiLiKoS in my perspective). You can talk OOC using /b /pm and in /pgm-/pmg you're allowed to talk OOCly everything about your OOC personality but not about your IC personality that will be considered as Mixing or more like meta-gaming (MG).
Your OOC information shouldn't affect your IC actions, you won't be rude to someone because he was rude to you OOCly you ICly threat him the same way you would do to any other stranger.

Metagaming (MG)

You're using OOC Information and bring it into your role-play character, That's forbidden, it's like you find out someone In Character information through your OOC Actions.
For example: asking someone's role-play name in a /pm is totally meta-gaming, If you know the person for a long time it's allowed but if you never met someone ICly first you shouldn't ask his name in a /pm since it's OOC.

Power-gaming (PG)

It has two definition,
1. Forcing another player into a RP Situation
2. Doing unrealistic things, that you can't do in real life.

1. Forcing RP

Example: You want to kill someone let's name him Travis.
/me Aim his deagle to Travis head and blow his head - WRONG

you have to give him the chance to resist.
Example: /me Aim his deagle to Travis head and try to shoot him.
/do S/F ? ((Succeed/Failure - If Failure why does it fail explain your action))
Travis can reply for example with: /do F I'm standing 50 meters away the bullet wouldn't be aimed on your specific point and came in my arm instead of my head.
He can resist but he have to resist with realistic role-play.

2. Doing unrealistic things:

Example: /me Hobs like a bunny. ((Bunny hopping))
For the once who don't know what BH (Bunny hopping is i'll explain it - Bunny hopping is jumping with shift to be faster or to be harder to hit this is unrealistic or you wanna tell me that you hop like a bunny so high in-real-life as well.))
Of course hopping like a bunny ((Pressing shift in-game)) is something you wouldn't do in-real-life to speed up, that's why you don't do it in-charactely neither.

Sadly, people abuse the power-gaming and meta-gaming rule, since they know that ls-rcr doesn't has any ''role-play'' rules.

DeathMatch (DM)

Deathmatching is randomly killing everyone, in role-play it's not allowed to kill someone without having an good in-character reason.
For example: An LEO (Law Enforcement Officer) Can't shoot a player with an orange name because it's meta-gaming and unrealistic.
An officer can only take action upon things that happen in-charactly for example driving an illegal modificated car.

Revenge Kill (RK)

attempt to physically harm a player who killed you before for the same reason.
Some people think that Revenge Kill is only when you actually kill the person, but it is also a physical harm.
This is simple, You are going to kill your killer for revenge.
You can't do that, because of a simple rule: when you "die" (critically injured, unless it's a Faction/Character Kill), you'll lose 30 minutes of your IC memory.
So you can't remember who killed you.
Associated with Meta-gaming.

Kill on Sight (KoS)

either killing everybody you see (associates with DMing), or killing a certain person you hate as many times as you want.
This is forbidden and not tolerated in the role-play world.

Driver Drive-by (DDB)

shooting from a driver's position with a MP5/uzi/Tec-9, It's Forbidden, The reason is very simple, in-real-life you wouldn't shoot straight threw your passanger (If your front seat is occupied) and in-real-life your weapon would have to reload which doesn't happen on sa-mp.

Car Ramming (CR)

attempt to physically harm a player or his vehicle with a vehicle. Forbidden, because it increases Non-Roleplay.

non-RP Name

A role-play name is the name you got ICly for example Mathew Pagati, this name is a good role-play name.
Why?, Because Mathew is a good first name which some people even got in-real-life Pagati is a good last name because there is a family in ls-rcr called ''pagati''.
He's the godfather in the family so his last name is the name of the family.

An example of a non-RP name is - NiLiKoS why?,
Well NiLiKoS is clearly not a name someone carries in-real-life.

Note that the surname ''Pagati'' is restricted to the Don only!

Car Park (CP)

harming a player by parking your vehicle on him.
This is not allowed simply because that it would be abused DM/KoS wisely.

Spawn Killing

repeatedly killing player(s) where they spawn. Almost the same with DM and KoS

Refusing RP

You use Alt Tab, /q or Esc and Exit game to avoid death, Arrest or even a RP situation, IRL you can't just freeze then disappear.

Exploit and Abusing Bugs

Simple, it's just exploiting game/script bugs for your advantage.
For example: Forcing yourself to 'timeout' to avoid role-play.
Using animations in-order to avoid being killed.

Chicken Running

Running in zigzags to avoid being shot at (with this kind of sync, hard to hit.).
It's running like a retard from side to side.
This is only allowed if someone does the same thing to you by using colts or sawnoffs for example.

Crack Shooting (C-Bug)

exploiting an animation to shoot faster with a deagle/shotgun. It is, pressing some buttons, to avoid the shooting animation of a deagle/shotgun (most used, you can C-bug with other guns, but not so effectively as these), and you can shoot faster.

Quick Swapping

exploiting a bug making to reload a gun go automatically without an animation.
Example: 2 shots with sawnoffs

Character Kill (CK)

This is the ultimate kill. If you get CKed, or CK yourself, you will lose everything. Your vehicles, houses get sold, money gets removed. It's a must to completely role-play it.

Asspulling (AP)

Asspulling is Non-RPly taking a gun out of inventory aka scrolling to change/draw a weapon. GTASA doesn't have an animation of drawing out a weapon (unlike GTAIV), so if possible, you should Role-play that you take your gun out with /me, but it isn't required.

Example: /me takes out a deagle from his gun holster and clicks the weapon safty OFF.

Watch out with this, sometimes people are doing it unrealistic too, By not RPing big guns properly
ex: /me takes out an AK47 behind his jacket - Mistake

you can't put an AK47 behind your jacket, you have to Role-play first that you carry an big backpack for example with /do
Example: /do I would carry a big black backpack

/me Takes the black backpack from his bag as he unzips the bag and withdraws an AK47.

/me and /do ussage

Alright so as many of you know the commands /me and /do exists, a lot of you don't know how to use it properly.
/me is an action for example you open a door so you would do ''/me Opens the door''
The results would/can be described in /do so you would do ''/do You would see that the door is left open''.

/me is the action - /do is the results,
Another example:
I got an briefcase, /do You would see that I carry an briefcase.
You will ask someone else to open it so first you'll have to hand it over to the defined person with /me you'll see if he takes it by talking in /do and after that when the briefcase is opened you will describe what's inside of it.

So:
/Do I would carry an briefcase.
Says: Boss, I earned a lot of money here take this briefcase.
/me Attempts to hand the briefcase over to his boss
/do Would you take it?
His reply can be: /do Yes I would take it
Than the one who has the briefcase needs to open it so:
/me Opens the briefcase
/do What would I see inside of it
Than the one who gave the briefcase will say something like this:
/do You would see 100.000 dollars
But it can also be:
/do You would see a bomb (It's a trap)

For questions about this part you can PM me as well.

For questions you can sent me a forum PM or post them below i'll answer them ASAP, I hope this tutorial helped you guys out for a bit.

As I said before, this guide will be moved to the resources section if everything is clear for everyone whose intrested to join Pagati.

Edit:
Credits to Insomniac http://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=459283
Last edited by Nilikos on November 30, 2015, 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Army Corporal
Spoiler: show
Past experience:
Army Master Sergeant
S.W.A.T Warrant Officer I
Pagati Consigliere
Maltesini acting father
Faroka leader
Clowns leader
VLA Mano Derecha
Gambino Caporegime
The bikers