New Age Policy

Any significant updates or announcements will be posted here.

Moderator: Developers

34 posts Page 3 of 4

Playa

Playa

by Playa » March 20, 2019, 3:09 am
Great updates!

Add me on steam!

Indognito

Indognito

by Indognito » March 20, 2019, 4:02 am
Yeah no, slap on the hand punishments to a continuation of bad behavior is why they keep doing it, because they know that they can do what they want without any serious ramifications, what’s really killing this community is not punishing them firmly for what they know they are doing and have the community having to put up with it, no one wants to deal with them which is why people end up leaving when they don’t get banned because no player wants to put up with constant harassment by a minority of players who are being catered too, besides it’s not like they are getting banned for minor offenses like insulting they are getting banned for constant harassment then ban evade to target those players all over again then get unbanned to do the same acts they got banned for. it’s not a wise idea to go even looser on the punishment because it only encourages them further to do what they got banned for since there is no reason for them to follow the rules, really, permanently banning them would be a lot more beneficial since it shows that the staff team gives a damn about the server and it’s community, going loose on them tells the community that the staff team only cares about people who rulebeak and hack in the server since that’s who’s being catered too these days which is partial to the reason it’s dead, let’s point out the fact that some of them have stated in main chat “I come on server to fuck people I don’t like and are bitch in server” I’ve seen that many times then watched them get unbanned with some pinky promise to the staff team and revert back to their old ways, and keeping record on these people isn’t difficult it’s called getting ingame if you don’t want to do that then find who does, but there are active admins who do get ingame so I can’t see how it’s that difficult to know who’s who which it comes to extremely problematic people.

Mateej

Mateej
Donator

by Mateej » March 20, 2019, 9:11 am
Fantastic wrote :
Sounds fair, good job. :)

Dimitrije.

Dimitrije

by Dimitrije. » March 21, 2019, 8:54 pm
nice

[Lsrcr]Oggy

Oggy

by [Lsrcr]Oggy » March 21, 2019, 9:24 pm
Give second chances and they'll beg for third chances.

Juicy

Juicy
Retired Administrator

by Juicy » March 21, 2019, 11:50 pm
Indognito wrote :
Yeah no, slap on the hand punishments to a continuation of bad behavior is why they keep doing it, because they know that they can do what they want without any serious ramifications, what’s really killing this community is not punishing them firmly for what they know they are doing and have the community having to put up with it, no one wants to deal with them which is why people end up leaving when they don’t get banned because no player wants to put up with constant harassment by a minority of players who are being catered too, besides it’s not like they are getting banned for minor offenses like insulting they are getting banned for constant harassment then ban evade to target those players all over again then get unbanned to do the same acts they got banned for. it’s not a wise idea to go even looser on the punishment because it only encourages them further to do what they got banned for since there is no reason for them to follow the rules, really, permanently banning them would be a lot more beneficial since it shows that the staff team gives a damn about the server and it’s community, going loose on them tells the community that the staff team only cares about people who rulebeak and hack in the server since that’s who’s being catered too these days which is partial to the reason it’s dead, let’s point out the fact that some of them have stated in main chat “I come on server to fuck people I don’t like and are bitch in server” I’ve seen that many times then watched them get unbanned with some pinky promise to the staff team and revert back to their old ways, and keeping record on these people isn’t difficult it’s called getting ingame if you don’t want to do that then find who does, but there are active admins who do get ingame so I can’t see how it’s that difficult to know who’s who which it comes to extremely problematic people.

Literally this.

iFanta

Deluxe
Donator

by iFanta » March 25, 2019, 5:34 pm
What about those guys who got banned for aimbot and now they get unbanned?
People who die by suicide don't want to end their lives, they want to end their pain.

Mastro

Mastro
Senior Administrator
Supporter

by Mastro » March 25, 2019, 5:58 pm
iFanta wrote :

Players who were banned for aimbot/using keybinds will remain banned no matter what, as also stated in the original topic.

If someone has had heir ban lifted recently and were banned for using one of those cheats then it was not related to this policy. They were most likely proven innocent.

iFanta

Deluxe
Donator

by iFanta » March 25, 2019, 7:45 pm
Mastro wrote :
iFanta wrote :

Players who were banned for aimbot/using keybinds will remain banned no matter what, as also stated in the original topic.

If someone has had heir ban lifted recently and were banned for using one of those cheats then it was not related to this policy. They were most likely proven innocent.

Check pms
People who die by suicide don't want to end their lives, they want to end their pain.

JohnCarer

JohnCarer
Community Manager

by JohnCarer » March 27, 2019, 1:38 am
Indognito wrote :

I think you misunderstood the main concept. The initial purpose is to grant chances to those who had no interest in damaging the community. A perfect example is a fresh player using flyhacks in a batman suit and batman car, then posts appeal with a picture of "banned" and all this shit in background asking for a fresh start. We had a policy where there was no chance he would be unbanned and that would lead to ban evasions where he is repeatedly banned again even though he was clean and trying to fit in. We bended the policy on some occasions (this required immense amount of bureaucracy) where we got new members who are now tagged or admins despite their bad past. You would be surprised by how far this list goes only in the last 6 years I've been around. Sure, some of them blew their second chances, but we shouldn't be biased with that. I agree we should be less lenient with those who broke too many chances, but it's impossible for you to know their history without rank 4 access. You can only make assumptions of their past and actual punishments. Samp is a relatively boring game once you explore all features so it's no surprise players easily lose interest. It's not because anyone gives a fuck whether X was unbanned or not like you put it. More than half online players don't even know we have forums as they are of young age and are just exploring what our server mode offers. The biggest issue for them is getting sawnoffed with 2shot or sent 4 minutes to jail by good players, where they get annoyed and quit, which is one of the reasons we have over 1 million registrations but 60 online during peak time, but lets leave this subject for another topic. Hopefully I put some light and different perspective on this matter with more details.
34 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “News & Announcements”