Bug reports that have been fixed or closed.

Moderator: Developers

8 posts Page 1 of 1

122policeofficer

Policeofficer

Post by 122policeofficer » February 2, 2020, 7:45 pm
Where does the bug appear: Website
When did the bug appear: Not sure is it to the website or what but I noticed it while I want to change profile(avatar) picture
Describe the bug: Yestrerday I wanted to change profile picture and I crop it in dimensions website suggesting me but somehow it wouldn't stay in horizontal but every time it's uploaded in vertical way
Frequency:
Severity:
Steps to reproduce:

Mastro

Mastro
Senior Administrator

Post by Mastro » February 3, 2020, 1:38 pm
Are you sure you are using the suggested dimensions? It should be 160 (width) x 240 (height) and max 292 KiB. That's max. It can be lower than that but not higher.

Fantastic

Fantastic
Senior Administrator

Post by Fantastic » February 3, 2020, 2:30 pm
I would advise you to upload your image to an image hosting website (such as imgur) instead of uploading it directly on to the forums. That way, you will be able to resize your image using the forum resizing tool instead of having to do the resizing yourself.

122policeofficer

Policeofficer

Post by 122policeofficer » February 3, 2020, 2:55 pm
@Mastro
Yes I used a correct dimensions,and while I open it on desktop picture is as it should be but as soon as I upload it as avatar it showing as vertical instead in horizontal

@Fantastic
I tryed that on two websites for uploading picture and from both sites forum says url is not valid :/

Toast

Toast

Post by Toast » February 3, 2020, 3:00 pm
122policeofficer wrote :
@Fantastic
I tryed that on two websites for uploading picture and from both sites forum says url is not valid :/

That happens when you copy the wrong link. Upload on the website, once the image has been uploaded, open the image in a new tab. Right click on it and copy the image address instead of the link.

S.W.A.T Master Corporal | Ex Pagati Underboss | Ex S.A. Army Private 1st | Durcrew | Absynth's Crew Gateway Driver | Saints Member | Clowns Leader (The Joker) | Ex Maltesini Underboss |National Crime Syndicate President | Spetsnaz Lieutenant (Supporting) | Proud Tagged Member.

Snipaxxyy

Snipaxxyy

Post by Snipaxxyy » February 3, 2020, 3:13 pm
When you're trying to resize it make sure you uncheck Maintain aspect ratio, that way you can put dimensions you desire on both width and length. If you don't it will automatically choose length based upon the digit you gave on width and vice versa, so it maintains aspect ratio

"Embrace the mini-mod within you" -Fady2020

122policeofficer

Policeofficer

Post by 122policeofficer » February 3, 2020, 3:13 pm
Toast wrote :
122policeofficer wrote :
@Fantastic

That happens when you copy the wrong link. Upload on the website, once the image has been uploaded, open the image in a new tab. Right click on it and copy the image address instead of the link.

Resolved.Thank you : :D

Robin

Robin
Donator

Post by Robin » February 3, 2020, 7:22 pm
As it's resolved I'll just close this as a 'user error' instead of an actual bug
Retired community player 2013-2020
★ Retired LSPD United Chief of Police ★
★ Retired S.A. Army General ★

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Spoiler: show
All Former Positions and Titles
LSPD United Chief of Police & Founder
S.A. Army General, Commander-In-Chief
& High Command & Head Event Officer

Lsrcr Website & Server Developer
La Famiglia Assassini Pagati Underboss

LS-RCR Radio Manager & DJ
LS-RCR Newspaper Head Editor
SAPT Advisor & Driving Instructor
Blackouts Advisor
Saints Training Officer & Rookie