Ramadan Discussion

This section is +18 and not for people who are easily offended. Respect other people's beliefs.
Forum rules
This section is not for people who are easily offended (hence 18+).
Respect other people's beliefs.
Material in this section may not be suitable for all audiences.
41 posts Page 1 of 5

Robin

Robin
Donator

by Robin » May 8, 2019, 12:19 pm
As a non-Muslim, I honestly have no idea what Ramadan is about... Only something with fasting.

Can someone educate me what it is and what it means to them?
Do you think Ramadan is a good thing, or just a tradition?
Do all Muslims (and possible non-Muslims) participate?

NOTE: I am seriously interesting in getting to know more about the subject, please stay on topic and nice to each other for a change!
Retired community player 2013-2020
★ Retired LSPD United Chief of Police ★
★ Retired S.A. Army General ★

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

All Former Positions and Titles
LSPD United Chief of Police & Founder
S.A. Army General, Commander-In-Chief
& High Command & Head Event Officer

Lsrcr Website & Server Developer
La Famiglia Assassini Pagati Underboss

LS-RCR Radio Manager & DJ
LS-RCR Newspaper Head Editor
SAPT Advisor & Driving Instructor
Blackouts Advisor
Saints Training Officer & Rookie
Absynth's Crew Assassin
Comrades Worker
And much more...

Milyn

Milyn
Donator

by Milyn » May 8, 2019, 12:36 pm
Google

Diplomatic.

Diplo
Game Administrator

by Diplomatic. » May 8, 2019, 12:43 pm
The Qu'ran was down in the Night of Fate in this month. In Ramadan the repentance is easily acceptable. We seek for anything good to do in order to satisfy Allah.

Also the reason behind Fasting is feeling the poor people who cannot afford their own food, or once they do, they give it to their children so doing the same like them could make us feel them better and obviously help them as much as we can.

Of course there is too many thing I'm aware of but I think that's all I know. So I wanted to clarify it for you just to let you know some reasons why this month is preferred for the Muslims.

RockingJohnson wrote :

RockingJohnson

RockingJohnson

by RockingJohnson » May 8, 2019, 1:48 pm
Ramadan is an islamic month, In this holy month of ramadan we fast to please Allah and second thing is that we fast for feeling the situation of the poor and needy people who cannot afford their food fasting in this holy month of ramadan teaches us many lessons as well as it makes us realize the problems of hunger of the needy and poor also along with fasting we also read holy quran and pray salah 5 times a day to please Allah there also 5 nights in the last 10 days of ramadan (month) which are also known as laylat-ul-qadr (the night of power,destiny,measures) the Holy Quran was revealed on the 27th of Ramadan, in this month the devil is also caged this holy months means alot to muslims and muslims fast from Fajr till Maghrib after the adhan of fajr we are forbidden to eat/drink anything and then after the adhan of maghrib we break our fasts Ramadan is also known as the month of blessings and the fact is that our prayers are listened and fulfilled by Allah.
Edit: Ramadan is not a tradition it is one of the pillar of islam [there are 5 pillars of islam]
Regular Player | Need any help? Don't hesitate to contact me via Forums or Discord [Egxie#7546].

Fla$h

eg_Fla$h
Game Administrator+
Supporter

by Fla$h » May 8, 2019, 3:22 pm
Milyn wrote :
Google

Sometimes google won't help you so much in some situations so it's wise to ask the people who knows about what you are looking for, like this kind of questions it's better to ask a Muslim not google, but you can still google it if you want.

Robin wrote :
Do you think Ramadan is a good thing, or just a tradition?

It's a good thing, keep reading to know more.

Robin wrote :
Do all Muslims (and possible non-Muslims) participate?

Yes, also some Christians in Egypt are fasting with Muslims together so it's cool, and you know Fasting is very good for your body it makes your body more healthy and it helps to expel toxins from the body, you know when your phone starts lagging and glitching and when you delete everything on your phone and then it gets back to normal and more faster it's kinda like that but with your body, and there are awesome videos about Fasting that you should watch them if you are interested.

Robin wrote :
Can someone educate me what it is and what it means to them?

As Diplo and RockingJohnson said:

Diplomatic. wrote :
The Qu'ran was down in the Night of Fate in this month. In Ramadan the repentance is easily acceptable. We seek for anything good to do in order to satisfy Allah.

RockingJohnson wrote :
and second thing is that we fast for feeling the situation of the poor and needy people who cannot afford their food fasting in this holy month of ramadan teaches us many lessons as well as it makes us realize the problems of hunger of the needy and poor also along with fasting we also read holy quran and pray salah 5 times a day to please Allah there also 5 nights in the last 10 days of ramadan (month) which are also known as laylat-ul-qadr (the night of power,destiny,measures) the Holy Quran was revealed on the 27th of Ramadan, in this month the devil is also caged this holy months means alot to muslims and muslims fast from Fajr till Maghrib after the adhan of fajr we are forbidden to eat/drink anything and then after the adhan of maghrib we break our fasts Ramadan is also known as the month of blessings and the fact is that our prayers are listened and fulfilled by Allah.
Edit: Ramadan is not a tradition it is one of the pillar of islam [there are 5 pillars of islam]

Hope that will answer your questions.

Jostafa

Jostafa

by Jostafa » May 8, 2019, 11:32 pm
You'll find everything you need here

Ramadan Mubarak To all
The blessed month of the year has come.It’s the season of Ramadan. Fasting, praying,repenting from sins.Hoping that Allah shower you and your belovedwith loads of blessings.
Happy Mubarak!

Let’s celebrate as the month of Ramadan begins here.
Filling our life happiness and mirth,
as Allah bless as once again with prosperity and cheer.
Happy Ramadan!

As you recite the prayers in Quran,

It is the month that was revealed in the Holy Quran to the worlds

It's just to all Muslims

The month of Ramadan varies according to the lunar date

If you want anything else, talk to me Now

Diplomatic. wrote :

Also the reason behind Fasting is feeling the poor people who cannot afford their own food, or once they do, they give it to their children so doing the same like them could make us feel them better and obviously help them as much as we can.

Of course there is too many thing I'm aware of but I think that's all I know. So I wanted to clarify it for you just to let you know some reasons why this month is preferred for the Muslims.

RockingJohnson wrote :
Ramadan is an islamic month, In this holy month of ramadan we fast to please Allah and second thing is that we fast for feeling the situation of the poor and needy people who cannot afford their food fasting in this holy month of ramadan teaches us many lessons as well as it makes us realize the problems of hunger of the needy and poor also along with fasting we also read holy quran and pray salah 5 times a day to please Allah there also 5 nights in the last 10 days of ramadan (month) which are also known as laylat-ul-qadr (the night of power,destiny,measures) the Holy Quran was revealed on the 27th of Ramadan, in this month the devil is also caged this holy months means alot to muslims and muslims fast from Fajr till Maghrib after the adhan of fajr we are forbidden to eat/drink anything and then after the adhan of maghrib we break our fasts Ramadan is also known as the month of blessings and the fact is that our prayers are listened and fulfilled by Allah.

God forbid all demons to come down in Ramadan, and do not deprive the demons Pepeol

Fla$h

eg_Fla$h
Game Administrator+
Supporter

by Fla$h » May 9, 2019, 8:42 am
Faraon78910 wrote :
Honestly, with no offense, this seems like stupid tradition to me.

I don't expect everyone to understand but thanks for reading.

Be_Quiet

Qui3t

by Be_Quiet » May 9, 2019, 11:02 pm
Faraon78910 wrote :

It isn't a tradition, its a must i think

Snipaxxyy

Snipaxxyy

by Snipaxxyy » May 11, 2019, 4:49 am
Faraon78910 wrote :

It's not a tradition it's an obligation of each muslim.I believe this obligation is much better than celebrating someone's comeback which never happend.It helps you in so in so many ways.If you fast there are chances you can lose weight,you remove all the toxins from your body.

Robin if you're interested to fast tell me,I can send you a schedule(Greenwich Mean Time+1)

It'd be really good if you try fasting one day,it keeps you healthy as Friday said.

How the Ramadan works is pretty much easy,we're allowed to eat and drink until a specific time (Time goes 2minutes earlier everyday except some days).Then we usually work,sleep,play games to spend the time but one thing you should never do is complain about it (e.g say repeatedly you're hungry or thirsty).Then iftar comes,Iftar time means it's the time we're allowed to eat and drink again until a specific time.Ramadan lasts 30 days and after the last day we celebrate the whole month of Ramadan,known as Eid.We cook a lot of different kind of foods and cakes.

"Embrace the mini-mod within you" -Fady2020

Crazymix

CrazyMix
Retired Administrator

by Crazymix » May 11, 2019, 5:20 am
In how many days are you guys not able to eat or drink?
41 posts Page 1 of 5
Return to “Religion & Culture”